This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
    The sky is falling. There is ZERO reason to put us through another crap QB in another season where we aren’t competing for anything. All it does is put another 10 million in the QB position which is one of the worst in the league. When we drop Keenum we’ll have another 10 million in dead cap plus 18.5 million owed to Flacco. So 28.5 million going to that position. It’s Aaron Rodgers money for a guy that is 6 years past his prime and probably bottom five in league. Now we don’t have 10 millon we could be paying a guy like Paradis who ACTUALLY could help us out in the future. Oh, also lost a 4th round draft pick. It’s just so impatient and short-sighted. It makes no sense if you look at the big picture and assess where this team is actually at.
    To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• I just saw Flacco is 9-4 against The AFC West. (And I think it also said, We have lost 7 straight games against the Chiefs.)
      Last edited by Capt. Jack; 02-16-2019, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Why can't he do both? Sign the free agents he needs to help win now and draft the QB for the future? You can't tell me that a rookie LB will outplay or be that much better than Mosley or a rookie CB be better than Darby or Callahan
        I think a guy like Greedy Williams could immediately be an upgrade over Iadom. Also rookie LB who’s better in coverage would make sense to help replace marshall. Both positions way easier for rookie to make immediate impact than QB. That probably goes for any position really.

Comment

• You will all be very happy with this trade.
          Joe is healthy.
          Get him to the Playoffs, and enjoy the rest of the trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
            What you don't know about building a roster you could just about squeeze into the Grand Canyon...

Also, guessing you're a dupe account. The instant comparison to the Browns gives a good idea who. Hoping the mods shut this nonsense down.
            You mean what “Elway” doesn’t know.

Not a dupe account. Real fan. Just frustrated. Don’t think there’s much sense behind the Flacco signing. That’s all.

Comment

• Originally posted by crabcruncher View Post
              You will all be very happy with this trade.
              Joe is healthy.
              I think we are fortunate to have Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by crabcruncher View Post
                You will all be very happy with this trade.
                Joe is healthy.
                Welcome to the MB. I like your name.

I hope you're right about Joe.
                Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

You mean what “Elway” doesn’t know.

Not a dupe account. Real fan. Just frustrated. Don’t think there’s much sense behind the Flacco signing. That’s all.
                  It's okay to be frustrated. Just don't take it out on the members because that would be flaming/trolling.
                  Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                    Ha...I could say the same thing for everyone else in this thread. 👍

I’m a bitter fan I admit. I just think Broncos need to rebuild and the longer they keep holding on to this idea of “competing now” it postpones the time when they can actually get back to competing for a championship. Tying up another 10 million in the QB position next year with another below-average QB doesn’t make sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      And what my point was that you two seem to still not Understand is that we traded for Flacco not signed him via free agency.

It’s complete apples to oranges if we decide to cut him and the impact on free agents is irrelevant to the discussion. No free agent is going to bat an eye if we cut Flacco in August.

It’s not the same at all.
                      How you treat players currently/recently on your roster may very well affect future free agent signings.

It doesn’t necessarily matter how those players were acquired.

If the Broncos cut Flacco in August and free agent players think he’s better than whoever ends up being the starter, they might choose to go elsewhere, if the money is close. The ones that already signed that are on a one year deal, might not prioritize re-signing, if that becomes an option.
                      Last edited by broncolee; 02-16-2019, 04:53 PM.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        It's okay to be frustrated. Just don't take it out on the members because that would be flaming/trolling.
                        Fair enough. Not trying to troll or upset anyone. I just have a loud frustrated voice. Just want to voice my opinion like everyone else.

Comment

Ha...I could say the same thing for everyone else in this thread. ��

I’m a bitter fan I admit. I just think Broncos need to rebuild and the longer they keep holding on to this idea of “competing now” it postpones the time when they can actually get back to competing for a championship. Tying up another 10 million in the QB position next year with another below-average QB doesn’t make sense to me.
                          It's ok for it not to make sense to you however JE will never say Rebuild and Therefore we are Always going to be in the Win Now Mode as we should be. Look at it this way: Joe Flacco is a Far Better QB than Case. Joe is a Super Bowl Winning QB I think his Post Season Record is Amazing. Joe can throw it and throw it on a dime something Case could never do last year. Look we all know the Body Of Work Joe has on Tape and truth be told this is was the best move Denver could of made. I know some wanted Folles who is also a SB Winning QB however look at the entire Body Of Work and Joe is even better than Folles and it cost us next to nothing than the poor sap of whatever team that is going to Over Pay for Nick lol (Thank God It Was Not Denver) Joe will lead us back into contention and with our New Awesome Coach things are actually looking up in Denver unlike the past 2 years and all we have to do is make it into the Playoffs and Then Von Miller can lead us back to the Promise Land and Trust me Von's Desire to get back there is unmatched we all will see Von his hungry again and he wants to GRUB so we all in Denver Broncos Country shall Feast with Von and Company...

Comment

Fair enough. Not trying to troll or upset anyone. I just have a loud frustrated voice. Just want to voice my opinion like everyone else.
                            No problem with you sharing your opinion. That's what we're here for. Sometimes a quieter voice gets heard more than yelling.

Also, if you read some of the posts, especially the first few pages, a lot of us are not happy with Flacco coming here.
                            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

I respect your opinion like I am sure you respect mine

Comment

• I’m just glad they didn’t wait around for Foles.

People seem to forget that the Eagles rushed Wentz back after two or three games.

Foles is not the guy you want over the course of an entire season.

At least with Flacco, if he stays healthy, there’s reason to believe he can help a team get to the post season.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X