• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    It really feels good to have a Starting NFL QB again
    After 5 years, yes it is.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
      Can we sign Kaep now?
      I dunno, are you willing to sacrifice everything?

Comment

• I'll say one thing about Joe Flacco....he can throw deep when he's healthy. That's one thing Elway had that never showed up on the stat sheets. You can't cheat up against a quarterback like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          Can we sign Kaep now?
          No! Hell no!!

He had his chance to be a Bronco. He declined.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Another long time Ravens fan dropping in to share my two cents on Joe.

1. Pay little attention to Flacco's stats other than the winning ones. He's had terrible receivers for most of his career, an inconsistent running game, often had turnstiles for O linemen and a revolving door of 5 OCs in 11 years, 3 that were not very good. It's actually pretty amazing he survived. lol Here's a few stats you may not have been made aware of;

Needs 2 passing touchdowns to reach No. 32 all-time in NFL history

No. 25 all-time in passing yards

No. 19 all-time in passes completed

Holds the NFL postseason record for consecutive playoff games with at least two touchdown passes

Tied Joe Montana's single postseason record for touchdown passes (11) without an interception.

Flacco has the most postseason road wins in NFL history with seven

2. Joe IS NOT SLOW OR IMMOBILE. The guy is 6'6" 250 and even with age and injuries remains pretty nimble for a big man. Is he Russ Wilson mobile? Of course not, but he is not "sloth like" as described by some comments here. He was also a pretty good BB player in school which helps to illustrate the point.

3. There are few QBs that can rival his calm and cool, even in the most desperate situations. Since the ACL/MCL in 2015 he does get antsy if continually hit, but that has improved with time. In crunch time he's one of the best.

4. Joe is an honest, humble stand up guy that is the consummate team mate. I read a comment here that he ignored LJ and didn't help him at all. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Flacco is a team player and has done, will do whatever is necessary to help his team win, including mentoring young QBs as he did with Tyrod and LJ.

The one unknown here is how Joe will react/perform with a new team away from the east coast. He grew up, played in college and the pros all within a 3 hour drive. He also has a young family in tow, 5 kids the oldest being a 5 year old. Don't think it will be an issue, but worth mentioning.
            Last edited by JimmyT; 02-17-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyT View Post
              Another long time Ravens fan dropping in to share my two cents on Joe.

1. Pay no attention to Flacco's stats other than the winning ones. He's had terrible receivers for most of his career, an inconsistent running game, often had turnstiles for O linemen and a revolving door of 5 OCs in 11 years, 3 that were not very good. It's actually pretty amazing he survived. lol Here's a few stats you may not have been made aware of;

Needs 15 passing touchdowns to reach No. 33 all-time in NFL history

No. 25 all-time in passing yards

No. 19 all-time in passes completed

Holds the NFL postseason record for consecutive playoff games with at least two touchdown passes

Tied Joe Montana's single postseason record for touchdown passes (11) without an interception.

Flacco has the most postseason road wins in NFL history with seven

2. Joe IS NOT SLOW OR IMMOBILE. The guy is 6'6" 250 and even with age and injuries remains pretty nimble for a big man. Is he Russ Wilson mobile? Of course not, but he is not "sloth like" as described by some comments here. He was also a pretty good BB player in school which helps to illustrate the point.

3. There are few QBs that can rival his calm and cool, even in the most desperate situations. Since the ACL/MCL in 2015 he does get antsy if continually hit, but that has improved with time. In crunch time he's one of the best.

The one unknown here is how Joe will react/perform with a new team away from the east coast. He grew up, played in college and the pros all within a 3 hour drive. He also has a young family in tow, 5 kids the oldest being a 5 year old. Don't think it will be an issue, but worth mentioning.
              This is one of the most bias post I have every seen. To tell bronco nation not to pay attention to any of the bad but all the good is total ridiculous. Joe is far from a perfect quarterback. Sorry he is not the only QB in the league with a bad oline "which I disagree with you there" bad wr and inconsistent run game.

Some can say well my qb didn't have the t.e. and the defense and the consistent head coach the ravens had.

Saying he need 15 tds to be 33 all time took some deep digging.

Some are happy for joe to be here.

Some are cool with it based on he can be cut at any point and looked at as a bridge qb and nothing more...which I feel most are.

Then you have some that feels this was one of the dumbest moves Elway could have made.

I'm not a fan of joe in the less....but I'm going to wait and see how the off season plays out.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                This is one of the most bias post I have every seen. To tell bronco nation not to pay attention to any of the bad but all the good is total ridiculous. Joe is far from a perfect quarterback. Sorry he is not the only QB in the league with a bad oline "which I disagree with you there" bad wr and inconsistent run game.

Some can say well my qb didn't have the t.e. and the defense and the consistent head coach the ravens had.

Some are cool with it based on he can be cut at any point and looked at as a bridge qb and nothing more...which I feel most are.

Then you have some that feels this was one of the dumbest moves Elway could have made.

I'm not a fan of joe in the less....but I'm going to wait and see how the off season plays out.
                LMAO! You mean the defense that choked away numerous 4th quarter leads the past 6 years? TE? what TE? The one that started in 2011 and 2012, then busted his hip? Twice? I know nothing of the Broncs other than what I see and read in the national media, obviously the same holds true for your knowledge of Flacco and the Ravens.

Just wanted to give a look from the other side of the coin as most press has always been negative. In no way do I think Joe is the "perfect QB", but he's a damn good one.. And obviously I'm a fan of his, and you are not. lol I'll just leave it at that.

By the way, I did some "deep digging" and that all time TD stat was incorrect. He's 2 away from #32.
                Last edited by JimmyT; 02-17-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Thank you for the input Jimmy. In looking at Flacco’s #’s at the beginning of this year it seems as though the problem wasn’t Joe. Any thoughts towards that?
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Thanks Jimmy for sharing. I love the move because of the flexibility we have in the draft. I think Joe is the type of guy that is going to get his second wind and show Bal they made the wrong decision.

Comment

• Well I wasnt happy with the move at first . However once the cost and totality was explained it's a no brainer. The guy has been a starter I. The NFL for a decade. That says something. Its gonna be nice not having teams stack the box on us all the time because a Qb can push the ball down field. I bet he is gonna come out and play great. Nothing more dangerous then a experienced Qb who wants to prove he still has it .

The reason Balt stuck with Jackson is they knew they were gonna trade Flacco at the end of the year. The last game when fans were calling for Flacco because Jackson couldnt move the ball. That's what happens when you cant win from the pocket . The Ravens just bit the bullet and let the game play out because you cant bench Jackson only to trade away Flacco and then tell Jackson ok your up again. They were playing the political game trying to keep the rooks head right . Probably the right call because they weren't winning the SB anyhow.

Elway basically has insurance on a better season. Flacco is way better then Keenum. I dont care what the stats say. Just watching him its obvious. I think if Lock is there at 10 we pick him. If not no sweat we get a stud Defensive player then get Qb a little later.

Comment

Broncos Country

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyT View Post
                          LMAO! You mean the defense that choked away numerous 4th quarter leads the past 6 years? TE? what TE? The one that started in 2011 and 2012, then busted his hip? Twice? I know nothing of the Broncs other than what I see and read in the national media, obviously the same holds true for your knowledge of Flacco and the Ravens.

Just wanted to give a look from the other side of the coin as most press has always been negative. In no way do I think Joe is the "perfect QB", but he's a damn good one.. And obviously I'm a fan of his, and you are not. lol I'll just leave it at that.

By the way, I did some "deep digging" and that all time TD stat was incorrect. He's 2 away from #32.
                          I see you failed to mention the good running game when you had you and you can say what you want. If you ask anyone to name top 5 defense in the league pretty much since 2000. The raven are always in the discussion period. In some of those 4th losses flacco had part of the blame too.

And we will agree to disagree agree on Joe flacco OS a "damn good one"
                          Again imo joe is a bridge qb at this point and most on here knows that
                          We will get a qb this year draft or next year.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            Broncos Country
                            Lol my bad.

Comment

• It would be great to have Flacco play good for us for 4 Years!

Comment

Something with which you seem to be familiar.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X