Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ok, here’s another part that bugs me. Say this all works out and Broncos are competitive next year. I’m skeptical but who knows. There’s still part of it that bugs me when we are taking on a QB who has played his entire career with another franchise. We haven’t cheered for Flacco since the beginning. As fans, we have no history with him in the league. We know who he is but we haven’t gone through the ups and downs of his career like we did with Elway. Isn’t that what made Super Bowl 32 so special? That was the pinnacle of a career and my peak as a Broncos fan personally. I want our guy. I’m hoping that Elway and company are focusing on 2020 at the very least. I hope it’s not a strategy where we just bring in an aging veteran and take another shot every year. I’m perfectly OK going through the growing pains of a rookie if that means he’s our guy for the next 15 years.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
      Ok, here’s another part that bugs me. Say this all works out and Broncos are competitive next year. I’m skeptical but who knows. There’s still part of it that bugs me when we are taking on a QB who has played his entire career with another franchise. We haven’t cheered for Flacco since the beginning. As fans, we have no history with him in the league. We know who he is but we haven’t gone through the ups and downs of his career like we did with Elway. Isn’t that what made Super Bowl 32 so special? That was the pinnacle of a career and my peak as a Broncos fan personally. I want our guy. I’m hoping that Elway and company are focusing on 2020 at the very least. I hope it’s not a strategy where we just bring in an aging veteran and take another shot every year. I’m perfectly OK going through the growing pains of a rookie if that means he’s our guy for the next 15 years.
      If you're OK with ups and downs, please explain your username.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
        If you're OK with ups and downs, please explain your username.
        Good point......

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          Good point......
          I second this

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
            Ok, here’s another part that bugs me. Say this all works out and Broncos are competitive next year. I’m skeptical but who knows. There’s still part of it that bugs me when we are taking on a QB who has played his entire career with another franchise. We haven’t cheered for Flacco since the beginning. As fans, we have no history with him in the league. We know who he is but we haven’t gone through the ups and downs of his career like we did with Elway. Isn’t that what made Super Bowl 32 so special? That was the pinnacle of a career and my peak as a Broncos fan personally. I want our guy. I’m hoping that Elway and company are focusing on 2020 at the very least. I hope it’s not a strategy where we just bring in an aging veteran and take another shot every year. I’m perfectly OK going through the growing pains of a rookie if that means he’s our guy for the next 15 years.
            Why do you assume that trading for Joe Flacco precludes the possibility of drafting a QB?

            Even though Elway wasn't drafted by Denver, he did spend his entire career there. That's not true of most QBs who have enjoyed success in Denver: Frank Tripucka came from the CFL to be a coach and ended up posting some prolific numbers while quarterbacking the Broncos to the only non-losing season in their first thirteen years; Charley Johnson played for the St. Louis Cardinals and Oilers before leading the Broncos to their first winning season; Craig Morton had been with the Cowboys and Giants before taking Denver to their first Super Bowl; Jake Plummer came from the Arizona Cardinals; and, Peyton Manning came from the Colts.

            Each QB class is different and they're hard to compare. Five were drafted in the first round last year and we'll just have to wait and see how they turn out. Three were drafted in the first round of 2017 and they are looking good. Three QBs were first rounders in 2016 one of whom was Paxton Lynch. Winston and Mariota went in the first in 2015. Bortles, Manziel and Bridgewater went in the first round of 2014. E.J. Manuel was a first rounder in 2013. 2012 saw Luck, RGIII, Tannehill and Weeden go in the first. Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder were drafted in the first round of 2011.

            Drafting a QB in the first round is a guess. It's a challenge to all the tools scouts have at their disposal to find a decent QB in any round of the Draft. I'm inclined to think Denver will draft a QB this year, but I've also thought they would draft an O-Lineman in the recent past as well, and that has turned out to be fairly rare.

            I've been watching the Denver Broncos for a long time and I want them to win regardless of who lines up where. Football players must be on teams. When you're on the team, you're one of the guys.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
              Ok, here’s another part that bugs me. Say this all works out and Broncos are competitive next year. I’m skeptical but who knows. There’s still part of it that bugs me when we are taking on a QB who has played his entire career with another franchise. We haven’t cheered for Flacco since the beginning. As fans, we have no history with him in the league. We know who he is but we haven’t gone through the ups and downs of his career like we did with Elway. Isn’t that what made Super Bowl 32 so special? That was the pinnacle of a career and my peak as a Broncos fan personally. I want our guy. I’m hoping that Elway and company are focusing on 2020 at the very least. I hope it’s not a strategy where we just bring in an aging veteran and take another shot every year. I’m perfectly OK going through the growing pains of a rookie if that means he’s our guy for the next 15 years.
              Dude you’re worrying over irrelevance...

              Did this any of this bother you when PFM was signed???

              Before you say no and there’s no comparison, that doesn’t matter because he was coming off of a serious neck injury!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
                But I don’t think that’s going to happen. I honestly think it’s ALL about next year and they’ll take a CB or LB that can help them now in the first round. I think Elway is going for broke and will invest everything he can into winning now. I think it’s an irresponsible way to manage a franchise but it’s what we’re stuck with right now. I don’t think they draft a QB. It’s all about Flacco and winning in 2020.
                Really awful we have a GM that is willing to make moves to have the team win every year. We should be complacent like the Bucs, Jags and other powerhouse franchises.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JimmyT View Post
                  LMAO! You mean the defense that choked away numerous 4th quarter leads the past 6 years? TE? what TE? The one that started in 2011 and 2012, then busted his hip? Twice? I know nothing of the Broncs other than what I see and read in the national media, obviously the same holds true for your knowledge of Flacco and the Ravens.

                  Just wanted to give a look from the other side of the coin as most press has always been negative. In no way do I think Joe is the "perfect QB", but he's a damn good one.. And obviously I'm a fan of his, and you are not. lol I'll just leave it at that.

                  By the way, I did some "deep digging" and that all time TD stat was incorrect. He's 2 away from #32.
                  Hey man, welcome to broncomania, some of us appreciate the kind words of encouragement. :thumb:

                  Others in here just can’t accept reality and have trouble looking at the glass as being half full opposed to half empty.

                  Joe Flacco is who we have now and he’s been a very successful NFL QB at times and better than what we’ve had in three and a half years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
                    Ok, here’s another part that bugs me. Say this all works out and Broncos are competitive next year. I’m skeptical but who knows. There’s still part of it that bugs me when we are taking on a QB who has played his entire career with another franchise. We haven’t cheered for Flacco since the beginning. As fans, we have no history with him in the league. We know who he is but we haven’t gone through the ups and downs of his career like we did with Elway. Isn’t that what made Super Bowl 32 so special? That was the pinnacle of a career and my peak as a Broncos fan personally. I want our guy. I’m hoping that Elway and company are focusing on 2020 at the very least. I hope it’s not a strategy where we just bring in an aging veteran and take another shot every year. I’m perfectly OK going through the growing pains of a rookie if that means he’s our guy for the next 15 years.


                    .
                    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                    Adopted player Lindsey

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Why do you assume that trading for Joe Flacco precludes the possibility of drafting a QB?

                      Even though Elway wasn't drafted by Denver, he did spend his entire career there. That's not true of most QBs who have enjoyed success in Denver: Frank Tripucka came from the CFL to be a coach and ended up posting some prolific numbers while quarterbacking the Broncos to the only non-losing season in their first thirteen years; Charley Johnson played for the St. Louis Cardinals and Oilers before leading the Broncos to their first winning season; Craig Morton had been with the Cowboys and Giants before taking Denver to their first Super Bowl; Jake Plummer came from the Arizona Cardinals; and, Peyton Manning came from the Colts.

                      Each QB class is different and they're hard to compare. Five were drafted in the first round last year and we'll just have to wait and see how they turn out. Three were drafted in the first round of 2017 and they are looking good. Three QBs were first rounders in 2016 one of whom was Paxton Lynch. Winston and Mariota went in the first in 2015. Bortles, Manziel and Bridgewater went in the first round of 2014. E.J. Manuel was a first rounder in 2013. 2012 saw Luck, RGIII, Tannehill and Weeden go in the first. Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder were drafted in the first round of 2011.

                      Drafting a QB in the first round is a guess. It's a challenge to all the tools scouts have at their disposal to find a decent QB in any round of the Draft. I'm inclined to think Denver will draft a QB this year, but I've also thought they would draft an O-Lineman in the recent past as well, and that has turned out to be fairly rare.

                      I've been watching the Denver Broncos for a long time and I want them to win regardless of who lines up where. Football players must be on teams. When you're on the team, you're one of the guys.
                      Manning was great while he was here. Well 2012-2014 anyway. It was a great ride....but to answer your question, no, it still wasn’t quite the same as the Elway years. That’s for me personally. I know others might disagree but there’s something about having your own guy who grows up professionally on your team.

                      It’s hard to evaluate QB talent and Lynch was such a colossal miss. But that doesn’t mean you can stop trying and just go with whatever veteran is available, improve some peices on the defense and cross your fingers. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t think Broncos draft a QB. It’s all Flacco. “There is no plan B.”

                      Comment


                      • I dont know who it was that sent me a PM about going on the full site desktop mode to be able to use the CP feature but thank you . However it will not open for me . Everytime I hit the message section by my profile it hits the search button instead.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          Thank you for the input Jimmy. In looking at Flacco’s #’s at the beginning of this year it seems as though the problem wasn’t Joe. Any thoughts towards that?
                          NP, my pleasure.

                          After a decent start to the season the reasons for the Ravens on and off sputtering offense were simple......poor O line play and no, I mean zero run game.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Hey man, welcome to broncomania, some of us appreciate the kind words of encouragement. :thumb:

                            Others in here just can’t accept reality and have trouble looking at the glass as being half full opposed to half empty.

                            Joe Flacco is who we have now and he’s been a very successful NFL QB at times and better than what we’ve had in three and a half years.
                            Thanks Sam. Hoping Joe can help.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
                              Manning was great while he was here. Well 2012-2014 anyway. It was a great ride....but to answer your question, no, it still wasn’t quite the same as the Elway years. That’s for me personally. I know others might disagree but there’s something about having your own guy who grows up professionally on your team.

                              It’s hard to evaluate QB talent and Lynch was such a colossal miss. But that doesn’t mean you can stop trying and just go with whatever veteran is available, improve some peices on the defense and cross your fingers. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t think Broncos draft a QB. It’s all Flacco. “There is no plan B.”
                              The reason there is no plan B is because its 2nd place.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
                                The reason there is no plan B is because its 2nd place.
                                Ha....I was quoting Elway but we’re actually in the midst of “Plan B” at the moment. Plan A went out when Lynch proved to be a huge bust.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X