X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I hope he retires also. Did anybody see when Drew Lock was going out of bounds in one of the last games , and he almost ran into Flacco, and instead of catching him, Flacco turned his back and didn't try to stop him or catch him?
    I just was wondering if anybody else noticed that?
    Yep. What was more egregious, to me, was when Lock won his first start. He was elated and running around hugging/high-fiving teammates. He saw Flacco and went to high five him and Flacco just ignored him and ran into the tunnel. And to think some thought that Flacco was a good leader or mentor.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I hope he retires also. Did anybody see when Drew Lock was going out of bounds in one of the last games , and he almost ran into Flacco, and instead of catching him, Flacco turned his back and didn't try to stop him or catch him?
    I just was wondering if anybody else noticed that?

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    I always thought he was extremely underwhelming and statuesque in Baltimore. He was even worse here.

He's said before that he thinks he's an elite QB, and in that position who wouldn't lie to themselves? I hope he just retires because I'm tired of seeing his mediocre face.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    What are they going to do with old man Flacco????
    Cut him, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    What are they going to do with old man Flacco????

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
    What are the odds Flacco claims he's still hurt starting next year? Wouldn't that guarantee his contract and totally screw us over? Does anyone understand what happens in this situation more than I do?
    My thinking is if we release him he will sign with another team in effort to play.

Players of his age and position have made a lot of money....it is more about the last chance to win imo

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Joe should Just RETIRE.

Leave a comment:

• maaskesr
    replied
    What are the odds Flacco claims he's still hurt starting next year? Wouldn't that guarantee his contract and totally screw us over? Does anyone understand what happens in this situation more than I do?

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    The Flacco era was short lived. He’s likely gone. I’m glad moving to the young QB is working out. I don’t think I would have enjoyed watching Flacco for another year.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Lucky we still have the 13+mil in cap space created when we restructured Flacco's contract.

Roll that cap over to 2020. Release Flacco. The extra cap covers the extra cap hit.

We free up his 20+ mil salary in 2020 from the cap space. Not sure exactly how a 20 mil salary only free up 10 mil in cap space (per Overthecap). Will admit while I understand some of the cap stuff I do not get it all.

We find another back up as imo Flacco is worthless on the team. I would not want him on the team as a extra coach much less sucking up cap space.
    Last edited by Hadez; 12-31-2019, 11:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    True. Allen seems much more suited as a backup in this offense than Flacco (autocorrect insists I write Fiasco instead - how ironic).
    It's all Italian.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Not to be a 'hater' of Flacco - but the guy outside of one game proved that he couldn't run this offense. I have no confidence in him whatsoever to ever run this offense.
    True. Allen seems much more suited as a backup in this offense than Flacco (autocorrect insists I write Fiasco instead - how ironic).

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Would he be worth 5 to 7 mill a year to be a backup?
    Not to be a 'hater' of Flacco - but the guy outside of one game proved that he couldn't run this offense. I have no confidence in him whatsoever to ever run this offense.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I'm inclined to doubt if Joe Flacco, Ron Leary or Adam Gotsis will be on the Bronco roster next year. Brandon Allen is RFA and would need to be tendered.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I hope he retires!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X