This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    Watch the Baltimore-New Orleans game, and the Baltimore-Denver game, both from last season I think you will see a Flacco who hasn't lost any of his skills. Is it possible that he falls on his face? Is it possible that Flacco will be injured? Sure. Anything is possible. You can name every QB in the NFL, and it's possible that they will be injured, or have a bad season Hell, it's possible that we will each be struck in the head by a meteorite. But, from what I saw in those games, I'm not going to sweat it. And it wouldn't make any difference to the path of this Franchise if I did "sweat it". It will be a done deal in a month.
    It’s not at all the same acting like anybody could be hurt at any moment.

Flacco has been injured every year for 4 straight seasons. The odds of him suffering another injury are exponentially hire than any of us being hit by a meteorite.

It’s also a much higher likelihood than a drew Brees or Tom Brady’s.

I also watched those games live. I don’t need to watch them again. I didn’t realize that 2 solid performances out of a 16 game season now qualifies being above average. Because if we go by that mark Keenum had at least two games that would qualify as above average.

I get your point that Flacco made throws in those games that are far more impressive than any Keenum made all season. But that doesn’t change that it’s only 2 games out of the 8-9 that Flacco played in last year.

Again I hope I’m wrong. But i really don’t see enough positives on our roster to suggest we should suddenly expect a massive change from Flacco’s past 6 seasons.
    sigpic

Comment

• Lets all Unite and Support This Team Ride or Die.....Denver Broncos Country Unite..........Unite........Denver Rules........

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Flacco has been injured every year for 4 straight seasons. The odds of him suffering another injury are exponentially hire than any of us being hit by a meteorite.

I also watched those games live. I don’t need to watch them again. I didn’t realize that 2 solid performances out of a 16 game season now qualifies being above average. Because if we go by that mark Keenum had at least two games that would qualify as above average.

I get your point that Flacco made throws in those games that are far more impressive than any Keenum made all season. But that doesn’t change that it’s only 2 games out of the 8-9 that Flacco played in last year.

Again I hope I’m wrong. But i really don’t see enough positives on our roster to suggest we should suddenly expect a massive change from Flacco’s past 6 seasons.
        To be fair, it wasn't just those two. Buffalo as an example 25-34 236 yards 3 TDs. First game against Pittsburgh 363 yards 2 TD's. He looked good against us and new orleans as well. He had some rough games (cincy, cleveland, tennessee and carolina). but he was also hit an awful lot in each of those games. So 4 good, 4 not as good and he was injured vs Pittsburgh the second time.

That's why it's going to be crucial that we improve the line. I believe that we will, but that's a key point that this season will pivot on.
        sigpic

Comment

Again I hope I’m wrong. But i really don’t see enough positives on our [B]roster[B] to suggest we should suddenly expect a massive change from Flacco’s past 6 seasons.
          If the roster remains the same it’s difficult to see how the Broncos might have a winning season. Free agency and the draft have to play out. Long way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            If the roster remains the same it’s difficult to see how the Broncos might have a winning season. Free agency and the draft have to play out. Long way to go.
            The roster won't stay the same. Even with simply cutting Case and eating $10M, we're sitting at $36M on the books right now. It's likely IMO that we cut wolf. That leaves us at $44 million. With Sanders injury, he may not be back till around November, IMO, he's a likely cap casualty as well. That leaves us at $54M.

I cannot imagine Elway won't be making some splashy movies with $54 at his disposal. I would not be shocked to see Antonio Brown, CJ Mosley and some o-line pieces added via free agency, then we'll see some more depth in the draft.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              To be fair, it wasn't just those two. Buffalo as an example 25-34 236 yards 3 TDs. First game against Pittsburgh 363 yards 2 TD's. He looked good against us and new orleans as well. He had some rough games (cincy, cleveland, tennessee and carolina). but he was also hit an awful lot in each of those games. So 4 good, 4 not as good and he was injured vs Pittsburgh the second time.

That's why it's going to be crucial that we improve the line. I believe that we will, but that's a key point that this season will pivot on.
              Right. I feel like you’re just selling me on 8-8 until we see how the oline is addressed.

I’m anxious for free agency to see how Elway handles it. And if he can somehow get out of most of keenums contract it will help.

Also anxious for the draft.

If Elway comes out of those with some mammoth LT that has great foot work (could be the bucs tackle via free agency over draft) and moves Bolles either to LG or RT I would feel insanely better about Flacco. I would then feel we have the ability to keep Flacco upright and give him time to show what he can do with our receivers.

For now all we can do is hope. After those I may be sky is falling.

It’s going to be a slow 2 months waiting.
              sigpic

Comment

Right. I feel like you’re just selling me on 8-8 until we see how the oline is addressed.

I’m anxious for free agency to see how Elway handles it. And if he can somehow get out of most of keenums contract it will help.

Also anxious for the draft.

If Elway comes out of those with some mammoth LT that has great foot work (could be the bucs tackle via free agency over draft) and moves Bolles either to LG or RT I would feel insanely better about Flacco. I would then feel we have the ability to keep Flacco upright and give him time to show what he can do with our receivers.

For now all we can do is hope. After those I may be sky is falling.

It’s going to be a slow 2 months waiting.
                And that's why we need to kinda take some deep breaths and wait until free agency/draft plays out. A whole lot can change between now and then. A lot of how positive or negative this trade will be is dependent on what Elway does in draft and FA.
                sigpic

Comment

The roster won't stay the same. Even with simply cutting Case and eating $10M, we're sitting at $36M on the books right now. It's likely IMO that we cut wolf. That leaves us at $44 million. With Sanders injury, he may not be back till around November, IMO, he's a likely cap casualty as well. That leaves us at $54M.

I cannot imagine Elway won't be making some splashy movies with $54 at his disposal. I would not be shocked to see Antonio Brown, CJ Mosley and some o-line pieces added via free agency, then we'll see some more depth in the draft.

Honestly I would like to see A.Brown in Denver that would be Epic to Give Joe Flacco an Immediate PlayMaker imagine A.Brown and C.Sutton that would be Super Cool I would like to Keep E.Sanders in the Slot with a Pay Reduction however I am not to sure if Brown and Sanders could be Teammates. Or Draft Metcalf or the other WR Brown...

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                    Honestly I would like to see A.Brown in Denver that would be Epic to Give Joe Flacco an Immediate PlayMaker imagine A.Brown and C.Sutton that would be Super Cool I would like to Keep E.Sanders in the Slot with a Pay Reduction however I am not to sure if Brown and Sanders could be Teammates. Or Draft Metcalf or the other WR Brown...
                    You do realize Brown and Sanders used to be teammates right? And if I’m not mistaken they got along great.
                    sigpic

Comment

I feel like Flacco has the potential to be a lot better than Keenum. But that we aren’t very likely to see it actually come to fruition.

I obviously have to hope it does. But as i said last week until the new coaching staff proves it on the field we have a lot to be desired on the offensive side of the ball. I feel like if we take our orange colored glasses off we would probably see an offense devoid of enough talent to help Flacco be anymore successful in Denver than he was in Baltimore.

Sure some of it could be scheme and we all know Vj had horrid schemes. So maybe we can now setup Flacco with more chances to succeed. But I’m still worried that oline won’t keep him up for long despite bringing Munchak in.

I’m trying to be as optimistic as I can since we now have no choice. But I feel like we are just setting ourselves up for Keenum 2.0 disappointment. Even if a lot of the issues stem elsewhere.

I just don’t feel Flacco elevates the team the way Peyton did. No one expects him to. But I feel like we sort of need that QB capable of doing that until the rest of the offensive roster can be improved.

I really hope I’m wrong but I just really don’t see Flacco being the piece to push a 6-10 team to 10-6 or 11-5.

But as I stated earlier perhaps we are all unaware of the potential impact the coaching staff can have. Perhaps we will see just how truly awful VJ was.
                      This post is on point. 👍

Comment

You do realize Brown and Sanders used to be teammates right? And if I’m not mistaken they got along great.
                        They've had some recent spats on twitter though...

That said, I don't think Sanders is going to be healthy until midway through the year. I can't see us paying him as much as he'll make. I COULD see us cutting and resigning IF he's willing. Knowing Sanders ego though...that won't likely fly with him.
                        sigpic

Comment

They've had some recent spats on twitter though...

That said, I don't think Sanders is going to be healthy until midway through the year. I can't see us paying him as much as he'll make. I COULD see us cutting and resigning IF he's willing. Knowing Sanders ego though...that won't likely fly with him.
                          It won’t exactly crush my spirit. I love Sanders but he missed a lot of time injured in 2017.

He was a monster last year but then took an unfortunate injury at the worst time that helped contribute to our late season collapse.

The contract is worth it if we got a fully functioning Sanders. But there’s good reason to believe he would miss some time again. And that’s not worth $10 mil. The money would be better spent elsewhere.
                          sigpic

Comment

No I don't really think that's a fair argument honestly. Steve Smith was basically all he had once Torrey Smith left. With DT declining, we still had Sutton and Sanders performing at high levels as well as Tim Patrick. All of Keenum's top receivers were averaging between 12 and 17 yards per reception. Those are respectable numbers. It's hard for receivers to catch balls that are either sailing over their heads (on the short routes) or at their feet.

I will grant you that we badly need a reliable tight end option that manages to stay healthy all year. I actually like both LaCossse and Heuerman, but they gotta stay healthy and right now that's not happening. Heuerman started 10 games, Lacosse 5, we need more from that position.

That said, Flacco had Crockett Gillmore, Dennis Pita, a 37 year old ben watson, and Max Williams.

The Mark Andrews kid that Baltimore had last year looks promising, but bottom line, none of their TE's are dangerous receiving threats. Pitta had a few decent years in there, but most of it was earlier in his career.
                            How did Keenum’s receivers average those respectable 12-17 yards per reception with poor ball placement?

In 2014 Flacco had Steve Smith for 16 games with 1065 yards (his decline wasn’t bad); Torey Smith for 16 games and 767 yards; Owen Daniels started 13 games with 527 yards.

In 2018 Keenum had Emmanuel Sanders for 12 games with 868 yards; DT for 8 games with 402 yards; Sutton started 9 games with 704 yards; Jeff Heuerman/Matt LaCosse combined for 631 yards.

Flacco and Keenum had 3986 and 3890 yards, respectively with each supporting cast. Flacco had two veteran receivers and both started 16 games. Keenum’s #1 and #2 veteran receivers played 8 and 12 games each.

How was Keenum’s ball placement so poor that he had the roughly the same yards as Flacco, when Flacco had two veteran receivers for the entire season?

Comment

Is it likely he plays that well? No, but it is possible. I'm playing the wait and see game. His best season was in Kubiak's system, we're going to be in a very similar scheme this year (though it'll more closely resemble Shanny Jr/McVay). The impression I get of Scags is he's a smart X's and O's kinda guy and a dedicated student of the game. I feel like it's a good chance he picked up a lot from Shanny Jr in his time with him.

Flacco in 2014 had Steve Smith, Torrey Smith and Owen Daniels. Kubiak also had Justin Forsett really tearing it up. That was really, the last year he had anything consistent weapon wise, because the next year Steve Smith declined pretty bad and Torrey Smith left for San Fran, plus that was the last year he was in a scheme he was comfortable with. (He's been vocally against Mornhinweg's scheme because he doesn't take nearly the number of shots down field in Mornhinweg's scheme.
                              that is my hope right now. is that we have a scheme that should fit him well or better. simularly to the scheme that he has fit in the best during his nfl career.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I agree Elway will create more cap room. Between free agency and the draft the roster can be much more competitive. If Elway invests in the offensive line I believe Flacco can be more productive. Definitely need to improve the TE position and we’ve been saying that for a long time. I’m hoping part of the success for Flacco comes from having a fresh start - it’s not something we can measure but hopefully helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X