This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimmyT View Post
    Joe "if" he is here just for one you so it is what it is. Joe is NOT the Broncos future quarterback heck may not be here for the start of the season.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• I hope Flacco leads the Broncos successfully for 3 or 4 years, or until we draft his replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
        Elway could still draft a quarterback early or later in the draft. We'll just have to wait to see what happens.
        After a this post I started to think about it more and more. I actually believe we go Lock @10 if hes there. With nothing forcing us to keep Flacco for multiple years I think Elway made this move to keep himself from having to move up . In all honesty I couldn't stand to watch Keenum anymore it was just blah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
          Joe "if" he is here just for one you so it is what it is. Joe is NOT the Broncos future quarterback heck may not be here for the start of the season.
          This is a true

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
            After a this post I started to think about it more and more. I actually believe we go Lock @10 if hes there. With nothing forcing us to keep Flacco for multiple years I think Elway made this move to keep himself from having to move up . In all honesty I couldn't stand to watch Keenum anymore it was just blah.
            Agree. If Flacco plays well with Scangarello calling the plays it's a bonus. Keenum was tough to watch for most of the season. He'll land with a team as a backup (maybe a starter for the Redskins with their situation).

Comment

• Interesting read https://www-espn-com.cdn.ampproject....ould-look-like

Best line goes to Fangio at the end of the article. Last two paragraphs:

For Fangio’s part, he has said that after three-plus decades as a defensive assistant in the NFL, he wants an offense that's difficult to defend and that a run game, no matter the percentage of run-pass, is a part of that.

“I’ve said I do believe in balance," Fangio said. “But that isn’t just run-pass. There are other things that are balanced -- do you throw it short, intermediate or deep? Do you run to all parts of the formation, mix schemes, play-action or movement passing game? I know what’s hard to defend and that’s what we want to do."

Comment

• Watching a little bit more of Flaccos play from this past season before he got hurt, and I noticed that the Ravens sprinkled in some run/pass option concepts, and Flacco executed them pretty well. I too love that line from Fangio, and I wonder if the vanilla, dated Kubiak offense led to Fangio wanting to go in a different direction ? I am excited to see what the offensive staff can cook up, I just hope Elway can add some talent to the offensive line to build the foundation first though. A right tackle in free agency, a guard in the second round, and a tight-end who can stay healthy would all be welcomed additions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  Interesting read https://www-espn-com.cdn.ampproject....ould-look-like

Kyler Murray will provide that. Imo.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I'm concerned the rushing attack will be all zone steps. Sometimes it's necessary to outnumber D at POA.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

" I know what’s hard to defend and that’s what we want to do."

Liking this coach more by the day, I can't imagine that our division rivals aren't watching us with more than a little trepidation...:thumb:
                      [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        There is some of that going on obviously, but like you said, there aren't a ton of options out there for QB's. I would have liked Foles, but who knows what turned Elway off on trading for him. For all we know the Eagles could be asking for a first for him and that's not realistic.

For you last sentence, sadly, it can always be worse, but hopefully it will not be lol.
                        I believe that Foles is like a Bubby Brister with Denver in 1998. He did good when he was a stopgap starter, but when he was counted on to be THE man, couldn't do it.
                        sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                          I believe that Foles is like a Bubby Brister with Denver in 1998. He did good when he was a stopgap starter, but when he was counted on to be THE man, couldn't do it.
                          But Shanahan only gave him 3 or 4 preseason games! Back then I think there were 5 games but anyway Shanahan was far too anxious to get Griese on the field and Denver paid for it.

He should’ve stuck by Brister and given him more time.

Comment

He said that in his first presser after taking the job.

Like the mentality and like that is he consistently pushing this. For a defensive guy he seems very good with what is needed on the offense imo
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              Elway could still draft a quarterback early or later in the draft. We'll just have to wait to see what happens.
                              The Eagles had a really interesting off-season the year they drafted Wentz including paying a large contract to a guy who was going to be a backup.

Really anything can happen in the NFL
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                                But Shanahan only gave him 3 or 4 preseason games! Back then I think there were 5 games but anyway Shanahan was far too anxious to get Griese on the field and Denver paid for it.

He should’ve stuck by Brister and given him more time.
                                I think that had Shanny given Griese another year on the bench to sort his crap out, he'd have actually been a worthwhile QB.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X