Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Flacco is a better QB Than Bubby Brister an Brian Griese.
    (And more accomplished also)

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
      " I know what’s hard to defend and that’s what we want to do."

Liking this coach more by the day, I can't imagine that our division rivals aren't watching us with more than a little trepidation...:thumb:
      That sounds good. But, if I'm the other team, I am gonna copy whatever they are doing because I now know that Fangio thinks it's hard to defend

Comment

• Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
        I believe that Foles is like a Bubby Brister with Denver in 1998. He did good when he was a stopgap starter, but when he was counted on to be THE man, couldn't do it.
        Bubby beat bad teams. Foles beat the Patriots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
          Joe Flacco is a better QB Than Bubby Brister an Brian Griese.
          I was completely in Brian Greise's corner all the way up to when he threw a pick six to Rod Woodson in his own end zone. That I think sealed his fate from that point on.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
            I was completely in Brian Greise's corner all the way up to when he threw a pick six to Rod Woodson in his own end zone. That I think sealed his fate from that point on.
            I wanted to like him, and after beating the Oakland Raiders twice in one season, I thought we had a good quarterback. But, then he was all drunk, and fell over his dog or fell down the steps in his house in Hawaii, I knew we were in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by aditheman View Post
              That sounds good. But, if I'm the other team, I am gonna copy whatever they are doing because I now know that Fangio thinks it's hard to defend
              Then they’re doing something they probably don’t do every game so execution would become an issue for that team not to mention our defense will have seen it in practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                The Eagles had a really interesting off-season the year they drafted Wentz including paying a large contract to a guy who was going to be a backup.

Really anything can happen in the NFL
                True. Trading for Flacco takes pressure off Elway to trade up or take a QB with the first pick. Another day closer to the draft...

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I think that had Shanny given Griese another year on the bench to sort his crap out, he'd have actually been a worthwhile QB.
                  When he was made our starter I had hopes for him. At 44-38 he was just an average qb. He had over 80 starts and nearly 100 games to sort his crap out. If he had the ability to do so he would have done it.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    Joe Flacco is a better QB Than Bubby Brister an Brian Griese.
                    It says more about the Broncos than Flacco but if he plays in a Denver uni he is arguably the 3rd or 4th best QB in franchise history.

At first that thought made me sad but looking at other franchises we are pretty lucky to have 3 Qbs to lead us to Super Bowls and 2 to win it while playing for us.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      It says more about the Broncos than Flacco but if he plays in a Denver uni he is arguably the 3rd or 4th best QB in franchise history.

At first that thought made me sad but looking at other franchises we are pretty lucky to have 3 Qbs to lead us to Super Bowls and 2 to win it while playing for us.
                      Id say
                      1. Manning
                      2. Elway
                      3. Morton
                      4. Flacco
                      5. Plummer

Cutler was extremely talented too if not more than 4 out of 5 on that list but he was his own worst enemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        Id say
                        1. Manning
                        2. Elway
                        3. Morton
                        4. Flacco
                        5. Plummer

Cutler was extremely talented too if not more than 4 out of 5 on that list but he was his own worst enemy.
                        I personally put Elway 1 but I do understand that PM was the best ever at calling the right play at the LoS making everyone's job easier to execute the play.

I could see an argument for Flacco at 3 but I agree Moron would be higher on my list too.

Comment

• I wouldn’t place Plummer on a list... but I never liked him...lol....I know I saw his play a lot differently than a lot of other fans, and... our depth is shallow after Elway. Then manning Morton, and even the original 18, Tripuka...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                            I wouldn’t place Plummer on a list... but I never liked him...lol....I know I saw his play a lot differently than a lot of other fans, and... our depth is shallow after Elway. Then manning Morton, and even the original 18, Tripuka...
                            My theory is that Plummer was the QB of a lot of Message Board member's youth. And they didn't have a chance to see other Broncos QBs like Charley Johnson, Craig Morton, or John Elway. I put Plummer's skillset up there with Brian Griese. Although he did have one good season .................................... until the Broncos got into the Playoffs. And then we got to see the "real" Plummer. My favorite memory of Plummer is that he drove a Honda Element.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                              My theory is that Plummer was the QB of a lot of Message Board member's youth. And they didn't have a chance to see other Broncos QBs like Charley Johnson, Craig Morton, or John Elway. I put Plummer's skillset up there with Brian Griese. Although he did have one good season .................................... until the Broncos got into the Playoffs. And then we got to see the "real" Plummer. My favorite memory of Plummer is that he drove a Honda Element.
                              Well my theory is that those fans that could not appreciate the greatness that Plummer brought, and could not/cannot see how important he was as a player and leader in the locker room, are so caught up in putting Elway and Shanahan on pedestals. The QBs after Elway were always measured up against selective memories of Elway's greatness, and it seems that most glaze over the fact Elway played a lot of horrid games, and totally ignore performances like the 1990, 92, 93, 94, 95 seasons where our golden boy had the team finish 3rd to 5th in AFCW.

People here seem to forget that Plummer is further ahead of Elway in win percentage than Elway is ahead of Tebow. Except for Manning, every other QB we have had has looked really bad at times (My Bronco history does not pre-date 1988 though), and common for Elway, Plummer and Tebow was that their comeback accolades came on the basis of the beam being in a hole in the first place.

Elway (the player) is the beneficiary of a lot of selective memory, and frankly it is sad that so many fail to appreciate how special many of our later flawed QB's were.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                                Well my theory is that those fans that could not appreciate the greatness that Plummer brought, and could not/cannot see how important he was as a player and leader in the locker room, are so caught up in putting Elway and Shanahan on pedestals. The QBs after Elway were always measured up against selective memories of Elway's greatness, and it seems that most glaze over the fact Elway played a lot of horrid games, and totally ignore performances like the 1990, 92, 93, 94, 95 seasons where our golden boy had the team finish 3rd to 5th in AFCW.

People here seem to forget that Plummer is further ahead of Elway in win percentage than Elway is ahead of Tebow. Except for Manning, every other QB we have had has looked really bad at times (My Bronco history does not pre-date 1988 though), and common for Elway, Plummer and Tebow was that their comeback accolades came on the basis of the beam being in a hole in the first place.

Elway (the player) is the beneficiary of a lot of selective memory, and frankly it is sad that so many fail to appreciate how special many of our later flawed QB's were.
                                Plummer was good and better than a lot of people want to admit.

Elway is still the best Broncos quarterback ever.

Let’s just hope Flacco can get the team back to respectability.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X