Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Until Joe Flacco proves me wrong ( Just like Case Did ) I stand by our New Starting QB I am excited going into this Season and I have high hopes of Denver reaching the Playoffs this year !!
    I’m opposite. Until Flacco proves me wrong that he isn’t the same old same old since 2014 then I refuse to be optimistic that this season is anything other than an 8-8 also ran.

    I have more faith in the coaching staff than Flacco being a factor. Though they sort of will have to go hand in hand.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
      Until Joe Flacco proves me wrong ( Just like Case Did ) I stand by our New Starting QB I am excited going into this Season and I have high hopes of Denver reaching the Playoffs this year !!
      If he takes us to the playoffs then we will have a QB for years to come. We can wait till 2020 or 2021 to draft a QB. Maybe a new start is just what JF needs.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I’m opposite. Until Flacco proves me wrong that he isn’t the same old same old since 2014 then I refuse to be optimistic that this season is anything other than an 8-8 also ran.

        I have more faith in the coaching staff than Flacco being a factor. Though they sort of will have to go hand in hand.
        Shoot, an 8-8 season would already be an improvement.

        Boy has our bar been set low. :doh:

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          I’m opposite. Until Flacco proves me wrong that he isn’t the same old same old since 2014 then I refuse to be optimistic that this season is anything other than an 8-8 also ran.

          I have more faith in the coaching staff than Flacco being a factor. Though they sort of will have to go hand in hand.
          8-8 would be a fairly dramatic improvement for this Franchise. We have a new Coaching Staff with a new Offense and a new Defense. And we have a new QB who has to come in here and learn a new system, and try to get on the same page with a whole new group of receivers. "Where there's life, there's hope." And although I think most on this board are relatively reasonable, it might be unreasonable, under any circumstance, to expect more than a .500 season.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Shoot, an 8-8 season would already be an improvement.

            Boy has our bar been set low. :doh:
            Bud, thats what I love about you, you are such the optimist!
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • I see some of you saying 8-8 Would be an improvement and are cool if that's how the season would end. So I ask why did we trade for him? No the trade was made in my opinion that Keenum wasn't enough so we wanted Flacco. If Flacco only manages an 8-8 season I'd have to consider that a failure. Sorry if Elway goes out and trades for a QB when he had one in case already I think the bar has to be set higher than 8-8 otherwise it wasn't worth trading for him. He calls Flacco an upgrade well I need 10 wins or better
              :go:

              Comment


              • IMO we should have been 8-8 last season! VJ lost at least 2 games due to his stupid decisions. I believe in the Houston game, the opposing coach even called him a dumb a** at the end of the game, and he was correct! If we can do well in the FA signings and have a good draft, I think these coaches can get us to 10-6 with Flacco, depending upon injuries, of course.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                  IMO we should have been 8-8 last season! VJ lost at least 2 games due to his stupid decisions. I believe in the Houston game, the opposing coach even called him a dumb a** at the end of the game, and he was correct! If we can do well in the FA signings and have a good draft, I think these coaches can get us to 10-6 with Flacco, depending upon injuries, of course.
                  It takes one to know one.
                  Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                    It takes one to know one.
                    Yea, but one of the two made it to the playoffs with an 11-5 record... The other was Vance Joseph.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                      IMO we should have been 8-8 last season! VJ lost at least 2 games due to his stupid decisions. I believe in the Houston game, the opposing coach even called him a dumb a** at the end of the game, and he was correct! If we can do well in the FA signings and have a good draft, I think these coaches can get us to 10-6 with Flacco, depending upon injuries, of course.
                      We lost 6 games by a combined 23 points. VJ dictated the game very strangely often being ultra conservative in 2 minute situations seemingly playing for a FG and being ultra aggressive at random times.

                      Better coaching and clock management alone will make us a better team. A strong FA and draft can get us to be a strong team in the playoffs. We have a lot of holes but the talent that we do have especially on defense can mask a lot of those holes and change the outcomes of games.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        We lost 6 games by a combined 23 points. VJ dictated the game very strangely often being ultra conservative in 2 minute situations seemingly playing for a FG and being ultra aggressive at random times.

                        Better coaching and clock management alone will make us a better team. A strong FA and draft can get us to be a strong team in the playoffs. We have a lot of holes but the talent that we do have especially on defense can mask a lot of those holes and change the outcomes of games.
                        I agree. Excellent point. Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          We have a lot of holes but the talent that we do have especially on defense can mask a lot of those holes and change the outcomes of games.
                          I still think we need a lot more help on defense then people think. Look at the back end of this defense right now, who do we have who you could even call a consistently solid player besides Chris Harris ? Both safety spots were bad a season a go, neither of them could tackle, Simmons seemingly was always out of position, and Stewert looked old and slow. We had no depth at corner, and although I like Yiadom, Roby is hitting free agency, and Elway's answer to our lack of cornerback depth last off-season was Tremaine Brock, he isn't good.

                          Moving up to the next level in the front 7, our inside linebacking group is below average, we have a core special teamer in Jewell but I don't see him as a long-term answer on defense, and Davis is Davis, average. We obviously are set on the edges of the front 7 with Miller and Chubb, and we do have solid players on the defensive line with Gotsis and hopefully Harris and Kerr if they return, but we have no interior pass rush, and we lack a true 0 technique.

                          I think as much as we need help on offense, especially the offensive line, I think the defense needs a lot of help. With the way the free agency and draft classes are looking, I think it is a better plan to address some of the defensive holes in free agency, and address offense in the draft, I think that would net us the best value.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            Shoot, an 8-8 season would already be an improvement.

                            Boy has our bar been set low. :doh:
                            While 8-8 would be an improvement over last year. If Flacco can't do better then it was a wasted trade imo.
                            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                            Adopted player Lindsey

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              I’m opposite. Until Flacco proves me wrong that he isn’t the same old same old since 2014 then I refuse to be optimistic that this season is anything other than an 8-8 also ran.

                              I have more faith in the coaching staff than Flacco being a factor. Though they sort of will have to go hand in hand.
                              I'm a pessimist.. I don't think Flacco or this new staff have it in them to go 8-8. And you are correct as to they will have to go hand in hand. Flacco can't do it himself and it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a great defense to pull off better than an 8-8 season. Hopefully Flacco will stay healthy until whichever QB Elway drafts this year is ready to start.
                              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                              Adopted player Lindsey

                              Comment


                              • Some coaches and players know what it takes to win an NFL game, and some don't. We will know what our team looks like halfway through next season.
                                I think we're going to be respectable.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X