This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Some coaches and players know what it takes to win an NFL game, and some don't. We will know what our team looks like halfway through next season.
    I think we're going to be respectable.
    As I said I am a pessimist but I hope you are correct. While 8-8 is an improvement I'd like to see at least 10-6 with a wildcard.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
      As I said I am a pessimist but I hope you are correct. While 8-8 is an improvement I'd like to see at least 10-6 with a wildcard.
      10-6,
      If we can win 6 home games and 4 road games we got it made!
      (6-2 at home, 4-4 on the road.)
      That isn't setting the bar too high?
      (IMO)

Comment

10-6,
        (IMO)
        we could go 10-6 with the defense of 2016 or 2015, but CB and MLB are huge question marks. It's more likely we go 8-8 until those areas are addressed. With Yiadom still a question mark in terms of progress and Roby likely being gone, along with Stewart leaving, secondary is going to be very thin.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          I still think we need a lot more help on defense then people think. Look at the back end of this defense right now, who do we have who you could even call a consistently solid player besides Chris Harris ? Both safety spots were bad a season a go, neither of them could tackle, Simmons seemingly was always out of position, and Stewert looked old and slow. We had no depth at corner, and although I like Yiadom, Roby is hitting free agency, and Elway's answer to our lack of cornerback depth last off-season was Tremaine Brock, he isn't good.

Moving up to the next level in the front 7, our inside linebacking group is below average, we have a core special teamer in Jewell but I don't see him as a long-term answer on defense, and Davis is Davis, average. We obviously are set on the edges of the front 7 with Miller and Chubb, and we do have solid players on the defensive line with Gotsis and hopefully Harris and Kerr if they return, but we have no interior pass rush, and we lack a true 0 technique.

I think as much as we need help on offense, especially the offensive line, I think the defense needs a lot of help. With the way the free agency and draft classes are looking, I think it is a better plan to address some of the defensive holes in free agency, and address offense in the draft, I think that would net us the best value.
          It definitely needs help but Miller and Chin can kill drives and change games. Simmons would be better at SS especially if Fangio sticks with the heavy cover 3 concepts he ran in Chicago. But we need a true center fielder at FS if that’s the case. Earl Thomas and Tyrann Mathieu are two free agents I’d look at for that, Nasir Adderley would be my top choice if we address it in the draft. Unfortunately I think Davis won’t get replaced this season but I’d like to try and add Jordan Hicks to our group or Zach Brown.

As far as the dline the draft is abundant with interior rushers, however if we are running a 2 gap that would eliminate most of them. Wolfe and Gotsis are ideal DEs in this scheme. Harris is a decent option for pass rush and I think Walker can be a good interior rusher unfortunately he’ll only play as a pass rusher. Dexter Lawrence or Trysten Hill would be nice in the draft but Lawrence will probably be gone and Hill needs development. I’d like to see Kerr brought back as a temporary fix until Hill can refine his technique. I’d look at getting Tyrique Jarrett back in here too as a camp body/potential depth piece.

All in all if we can get Thomas or Mathieu with Hicks and/or Brown and then have a draft like Jawaan Taylor, Zach Allen, Chris Lindstrom, and Trysten Hill I’d be very optimistic about our outlook. I don’t want to see us go Draft Lock and then try to get one of these WRs. I think Lock will be a middle tier QB who won’t help us immediately and I’m not high on these WRs coming out. Kee’Sean Johnson is my favorite WR in this draft and he’ll be available much later unless he blazes the 40.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            It definitely needs help but Miller and Chin can kill drives and change games. Simmons would be better at SS especially if Fangio sticks with the heavy cover 3 concepts he ran in Chicago. But we need a true center fielder at FS if that’s the case. Earl Thomas and Tyrann Mathieu are two free agents I’d look at for that, Nasir Adderley would be my top choice if we address it in the draft. Unfortunately I think Davis won’t get replaced this season but I’d like to try and add Jordan Hicks to our group or Zach Brown.

As far as the dline the draft is abundant with interior rushers, however if we are running a 2 gap that would eliminate most of them. Wolfe and Gotsis are ideal DEs in this scheme. Harris is a decent option for pass rush and I think Walker can be a good interior rusher unfortunately he’ll only play as a pass rusher. Dexter Lawrence or Trysten Hill would be nice in the draft but Lawrence will probably be gone and Hill needs development. I’d like to see Kerr brought back as a temporary fix until Hill can refine his technique. I’d look at getting Tyrique Jarrett back in here too as a camp body/potential depth piece.

All in all if we can get Thomas or Mathieu with Hicks and/or Brown and then have a draft like Jawaan Taylor, Zach Allen, Chris Lindstrom, and Trysten Hill I’d be very optimistic about our outlook. I don’t want to see us go Draft Lock and then try to get one of these WRs. I think Lock will be a middle tier QB who won’t help us immediately and I’m not high on these WRs coming out. Kee’Sean Johnson is my favorite WR in this draft and he’ll be available much later unless he blazes the 40.
            I am fine with Flacco quarterbacking this team for the near future until we find a quarterback we really love, and naturally acquire. I don't want to force the pick at that position ever, and this year really isn't the year to do that. But I think offensively we can do a great job this year at addressing the offensive line, and potentially adding a tight-end. Both groups of prospects are strong, and compared to previous years, especially at offensive tackle, there will be plenty of options into the second and third rounds even.

On free agents, I agree with your take on positions to look for, I think cornerback is a need as well that could be explored, but I think Zach Kerr is a must re-sign. He is also a great fit in this defense as a 4/5 technique who can clog the lane and get some push when he is fresh. Last year I focused a lot on watching the defensive line and when Kerr rotated in for Wolfe, he looked like a significant upgrade. Going deep with bodies at that position is important, and bringing him back will be an underrated move in my opinion if it happens.

But back to the thread topic, I went and watched Flaccos performances from this past year, and when he was given a pocket to step up in to, he is confident, patient, and can get the ball to the open man. Obviously with guys like him when it breaks down it can get ugly, but providing that solid foundation up front for him as a passer, or any passer will be a key to turning the team around in my opinion. I am all in on taking offensive tackle and offensive guard with the first 2 selections of the 2019 NFL draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              I am fine with Flacco quarterbacking this team for the near future until we find a quarterback we really love, and naturally acquire. I don't want to force the pick at that position ever, and this year really isn't the year to do that. But I think offensively we can do a great job this year at addressing the offensive line, and potentially adding a tight-end. Both groups of prospects are strong, and compared to previous years, especially at offensive tackle, there will be plenty of options into the second and third rounds even.

On free agents, I agree with your take on positions to look for, I think cornerback is a need as well that could be explored, but I think Zach Kerr is a must re-sign. He is also a great fit in this defense as a 4/5 technique who can clog the lane and get some push when he is fresh. Last year I focused a lot on watching the defensive line and when Kerr rotated in for Wolfe, he looked like a significant upgrade. Going deep with bodies at that position is important, and bringing him back will be an underrated move in my opinion if it happens.

But back to the thread topic, I went and watched Flaccos performances from this past year, and when he was given a pocket to step up in to, he is confident, patient, and can get the ball to the open man. Obviously with guys like him when it breaks down it can get ugly, but providing that solid foundation up front for him as a passer, or any passer will be a key to turning the team around in my opinion. I am all in on taking offensive tackle and offensive guard with the first 2 selections of the 2019 NFL draft.
              At CB I’d like to either bring Roby back or sign Desir from the Colts as he quietly had a very good season. I’m just not sure we will be able to address every need we have. Some young guys will have to step up this year. AJ Johnson, Tim Patrick, DaeSean Hamilton, Troy Fumagalli, DeMarcus Walker, Justin Simmons, Will Parks, and Isaac Yiadom will all need to step up.

Flacco can get us there but he needs a much more complete team than some of the elite QBs but hopefully he needs less around him than Keenum.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                At CB I’d like to either bring Roby back or sign Desir from the Colts as he quietly had a very good season. I’m just not sure we will be able to address every need we have. Some young guys will have to step up this year. AJ Johnson, Tim Patrick, DaeSean Hamilton, Troy Fumagalli, DeMarcus Walker, Justin Simmons, Will Parks, and Isaac Yiadom will all need to step up.

Flacco can get us there but he needs a much more complete team than some of the elite QBs but hopefully he needs less around him than Keenum.
                I am not saying Flacco is an elite quarterback, I think he is actually pretty average, but he is a significant upgrade over Case Keenum in my opinion. Watching Flacco play just this past season you can see how his arm strength alone forces the defense to at least respect the deep ball, especially plays downfield outside the numbers, Flacco made numerous plays on third down in 2018 hitting this area, something Keenum did not.

I also would like to bring Bradley Roby back, he had a rough year in 2018, but I think he will really excel in Fangios defense. From what I have heard about the way he asks his cornerbacks to play, I think it will really suit Robys playing style, and I don't think he will get a huge contract offer on the open market either, so I would assume he will be back. I also like Bryce Callaghan who Fangio had in Chicago as a potential addition to the defense, but you are right, we need young guys to step up.

Comment

• With all the game-man-ship at the combine, none want to tip their hands as to who they draft. I think if you listen what the Broncos are looking at who they talk to, and most important what they tell the media. I suspect the defense, ILB, CB, and of course OL are the areas of need. And QB is not a top priority .

Free agency will give us more incite as well. Currently the Linebacker named White may be available at #10. It would be very beneficial to find a Al Wilson type of linebacker, leader , and hammer type guy. With the defensive minded head coach this maybe a possibility.

CB would be another position of need, Unless they can sign Bryce Callahan who the coach is very familiar with. He was lost the end of last season with a broken foot but, should be ready for this season. Maybe even at a good cost.

Then find a reliable TE and a QB prospect in the middle to late rounds.

A couple major players and this team gets 10 wins with better coaching (Guys I believe know the game) and are much better what the team had the last few years. The Broncos are Back in 2019.

Comment

10-6,
                    (IMO)
                    With one of the leagues worst QB situations, that may be too high. We'll see how the team looks after FA and the draft, but I've been called one of the biggest Bronco Homers out there and I think this is looking like a 4 or 5 win team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      With one of the leagues worst QB situations, that may be too high. We'll see how the team looks after FA and the draft, but I've been called one of the biggest Bronco Homers out there and I think this is looking like a 4 or 5 win team.
                      I’m probably looking at this more simply than you are, but I see our team improving by 2 wins due to improved quarterback play and improved coaching. I don’t see where we’ll digress at any position.

Yes we won a few games we shouldn’t have last year but we also lost a few games we shouldn’t have.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        We will see what happens, that's why they play the games!
                        I am going with 10-6, until our 7th loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by colowoz View Post
                          With all the game-man-ship at the combine, none want to tip their hands as to who they draft. I think if you listen what the Broncos are looking at who they talk to, and most important what they tell the media. I suspect the defense, ILB, CB, and of course OL are the areas of need. And QB is not a top priority .

Free agency will give us more incite as well. Currently the Linebacker named White may be available at #10. It would be very beneficial to find a Al Wilson type of linebacker, leader , and hammer type guy. With the defensive minded head coach this maybe a possibility.

CB would be another position of need, Unless they can sign Bryce Callahan who the coach is very familiar with. He was lost the end of last season with a broken foot but, should be ready for this season. Maybe even at a good cost.

Then find a reliable TE and a QB prospect in the middle to late rounds.

A couple major players and this team gets 10 wins with better coaching (Guys I believe know the game) and are much better what the team had the last few years. The Broncos are Back in 2019.
                          Almost every Mock Draft that I've seen, from the professionals who make a living doing that, have the Broncos picking Drew Lock. And why are those people saying that? Because John Elway was so effusive in his praise of Lock at the Senior Bowl. So much for Broncos "gamesmanship" by John Elway. In fact, several Mock Drafts that include trades have us mortgaging our Draft by moving up to get Lock, with some having us pick Lock over the Consensus #1 QB, Haskins.

https://www.mockout.com/2019-nfl-mock-draft-database/

But, I can only hope you are right. As to White, I like him. But, if John Elway has shown anything since taking over the GM responsibilities, it's that he doesn't value the ILB position. He does value CB, and Tackle as you mentioned.. Do White's skills make him the BPA, overruling taking players at the positions Elway does value? We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                            Almost every Mock Draft that I've seen, from the professionals who make a living doing that, have the Broncos picking Drew Lock. And why are those people saying that? Because John Elway was so effusive in his praise of Lock at the Senior Bowl. So much for Broncos "gamesmanship" by John Elway. In fact, several Mock Drafts that include trades have us mortgaging our Draft by moving up to get Lock, with some having us pick Lock over the Consensus #1 QB, Haskins.

https://www.mockout.com/2019-nfl-mock-draft-database/

But, I can only hope you are right. As to White, I like him. But, if John Elway has shown anything since taking over the GM responsibilities, it's that he doesn't value the ILB position. He does value CB, and Tackle as you mentioned.. Do White's skills make him the BPA, overruling taking players at the positions Elway does value? We shall see.
                            I just read an excerpt from NFL.com that has the Broncos drafting Daniel Jones with the 10th pick.

The writer doesn’t think trading for Flacco deters the Broncos from drafting a quarterback.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• For some reason I have a good feeling about Daniel Jones. More so then the other top 3 qbs. But at 10 he might be a reach. Maybe move back and pick him later in 1st round, but he will probably go top 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
                                For some reason I have a good feeling about Daniel Jones. More so then the other top 3 qbs. But at 10 he might be a reach. Maybe move back and pick him later in 1st round, but he will probably go top 15.
                                Personally I'd rather Have Rosen then Jones.
                                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                                X