Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Jones is most definitely a reach at 10, it might sound arrogant, and boy could this comment make me look foolish down the line, but Daniel Jones tape does not warrant him being a top 10 selection, not in the slightest. Daniel Jones is a borderline top 64 pick in my eyes based solely on his height and footwork, nothing else. If you listen to any praise heaped towards Jones, what is it ? They talk about his coach, and his height, that's it. Daniel Jones put up almost an entire season of mediocre tape, and someone is going to overdraft him and regret it in my opinion. I still believe we are only going to see 2-3 quarterbacks taken in round 1 this year, and I see a lot of these quarterbacks being mentioned in the media as top prospects falling to where their tape should have them positioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      Daniel Jones is most definitely a reach at 10, it might sound arrogant, and boy could this comment make me look foolish down the line, but Daniel Jones tape does not warrant him being a top 10 selection, not in the slightest. Daniel Jones is a borderline top 64 pick in my eyes based solely on his height and footwork, nothing else. If you listen to any praise heaped towards Jones, what is it ? They talk about his coach, and his height, that's it. Daniel Jones put up almost an entire season of mediocre tape, and someone is going to overdraft him and regret it in my opinion. I still believe we are only going to see 2-3 quarterbacks taken in round 1 this year, and I see a lot of these quarterbacks being mentioned in the media as top prospects falling to where their tape should have them positioned.
      if Josh Allen goes top ten then Jones can. i hear jones is really impressive in the X and O and on the white board. so he is excelling in some of the behind the scenes stuff. i hear is he very Cerebral also.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
        if Josh Allen goes top ten then Jones can. i hear jones is really impressive in the X and O and on the white board. so he is excelling in some of the behind the scenes stuff. i hear is he very Cerebral also.

Well you never know, Buffalo is picking in the top 10 again.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Josh Allen had the amazing arm, and flashed that ability to make certain throws only maybe 5 other people in the world can make. Allen was over drafted in my opinion, and yes, Jones will probably be over drafted also, but Jones does not have that one trait you can point to a say, "if he can consistently do that, he will be special", Allen did. And as much as you hear about the smarts of Jones, watching his tape, he has bad pocket presence, holds the football for way to long, and appears to not know how to read and dissect a defense. There is a statistic also stating that Jones went beyond his first read only 6% of the time on throws, and as good as he is in the quick timing passing game, he evidently struggles to stand in the pocket and break down the defense.

Comment

• Rumors floating that Oak is shopping Carr. Did we bite too early on Flacco? I know the cost would be much higher for Carr

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
              Rumors floating that Oak is shopping Carr. Did we bite too early on Flacco? I know the cost would be much higher for Carr
              The trade isn't official, if another situation comes along that Elway prefers, he could always back out of the reported verbally agreed on trade and go in a different direction. It wouldn't be a good look and the media would have a field day with it for 1 news cycle, but then everyone would move on. Sort of like when McDaniels backed out of the head coaching job in Indy after making a verbal commitment.

Comment

Rumors floating that Oak is shopping Carr. Did we bite too early on Flacco? I know the cost would be much higher for Carr
                Would be nice but I can’t see Oakland wanting to trade with us. If the Raiders are shopping Carr I think he ends up in New York
                Last edited by 15thebeast; 03-02-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                  Would be nice but I can’t see Oakland wanting to trade with us. If the Raiders are shopping Carr I think he ends up in New York
                  And yet the Ravens traded with us.... my concern is what do they know that we don't????
                  [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

He doesn't throw the deep ball particularly well. I don't think he'd be that much of an upgrade over what we had last year.

Comment

If true, very interesting. Some folks believe that Gruden prefers seasoned vets, but other than Foles, not sure who he would consider. So that sounds like drafting one. But now Murray may go to Arizona, so does that mean Haskins? Or Lock? Or Jones? Or does he love Murray now, and is willing to pay a price to get him from Arizona, who could be playing coy all along, for significant draft capital in return?

And if Gruden wants to draft one, that sure could mess up the QB draft. At least 7 possible contenders for first round QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                        He doesn't throw the deep ball particularly well. I don't think he'd be that much of an upgrade over what we had last year.

I did not look up yrds/throw but Flacco is a definite upgrade from #KeenumSucks.... With exception of career intceptions. Unless the Ravens know something we don't.

Last edited by Saddletramp; 03-02-2019, 05:45 PM.
                        [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Josh Allen had the amazing arm, and flashed that ability to make certain throws only maybe 5 other people in the world can make. Allen was over drafted in my opinion, and yes, Jones will probably be over drafted also, but Jones does not have that one trait you can point to a say, "if he can consistently do that, he will be special", Allen did. And as much as you hear about the smarts of Jones, watching his tape, he has bad pocket presence, holds the football for way to long, and appears to not know how to read and dissect a defense. There is a statistic also stating that Jones went beyond his first read only 6% of the time on throws, and as good as he is in the quick timing passing game, he evidently struggles to stand in the pocket and break down the defense.
                          Allen Seemed like a bust his senior tape did not look special at ll. i am glad we didn't grab him. plus a big arm doesn't mean you will succeed in the nfl. his mental processing is behind where it should be. either i agree on jones. i think he is a step below any of the QB that went in the first last year. Josh allens rookie year was also the worst of the rookies.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Allen Seemed like a bust his senior tape did not look special at ll. i am glad we didn't grab him. plus a big arm doesn't mean you will succeed in the nfl. his mental processing is behind where it should be. either i agree on jones. i think he is a step below any of the QB that went in the first last year. Josh allens rookie year was also the worst of the rookies.
                            I am also, I thought he looked like a fourth round prospect, and I wouldn't have taken him in round 1, just like I wouldn't go near Jones in round 1. The arm strength is obviously desirable with Allen, but it is not the main factor, and for those who have fallen in love with Lock, he also has a heap of bad tape out there which is being overlooked right now due to once again, the big arm love these prospects get. I also think that Jones put together an even worse final seasons worth of tape when compared to Allen. They are actually very comparable prospects in a lot of ways, with Allen having the superior arm talent obviously, I see a slightly more athletic Osweiler with Jones.

Comment

Daniel Jones is most definitely a reach at 10, it might sound arrogant, and boy could this comment make me look foolish down the line, but Daniel Jones tape does not warrant him being a top 10 selection, not in the slightest. Daniel Jones is a borderline top 64 pick in my eyes based solely on his height and footwork, nothing else. If you listen to any praise heaped towards Jones, what is it ? They talk about his coach, and his height, that's it. Daniel Jones put up almost an entire season of mediocre tape, and someone is going to overdraft him and regret it in my opinion. I still believe we are only going to see 2-3 quarterbacks taken in round 1 this year, and I see a lot of these quarterbacks being mentioned in the media as top prospects falling to where their tape should have them positioned.
                              I agree with a lot of your takes, I appreciate the time you put in and insight.....but.....Jones's footwork is the best of all the QBs in this class. Might be the reason why some look at him as a 1st round prospect. If you dont have to polish one of the most important areas of a QB that's one less step in the offseason. His arm strength to me isn't even a concern.

How many times do you see drew brees or tom Brady throw the ball 60 yards down the field? It's the absolute most overrated strength of a QB. Where he needs work is pocket presence and decision making.

Can that be fixed? With the right coach I believe it can but I would say that about any QB in any draft. Getting drafted into the right coaching tree is so important for development

Comment

• I've watched many of Josh Allens games this year being as I live near Buffalo. He has progressed all season long and looks to be a legit NFL QB. Look or read a little more about his performance this year. You'll see. Yes, he ran often, but was successful at it. He led his team like you want a QB to do...his team mates have been won over. You could see the growth in his decision making as the year progressed. I for one feel we all would have been completely satisfied if he was on our team last year. He brings excitement and hope. Isn't that what we want ? Now, Buffalo needs to get an OL in the first and a WR in the second and couple that with a TE in the third and they'll be competitive in the East. Their defense has always been stout. On to Denver, seeing as this is what we're hear to talk about. If Lock is there at 10....as much as I want a Defensive guy, or OL......I would be completely happy if Denver chooses to make Lock the pick there @ 10. I feel Lock would bring to us everything I just described above. Elway has talked negatively about changing offensive philosophies and coaching every year and said that has been wrong. He wants to choose one style and let that grow for continuity. I think he's now got the coaching staff for that, why not bring in Lock. He can even sit for the first year. The more I write, the more I'm intrigued with this process. { just hope we don't trade up for Lock, and just hope Vic F. can handle being the head coach during in game situations are needed , unlike Vance Joseph. }

Comment

Working...
                                X