Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the Broncos need to draft two offensive lineman - use the 2nd rd pick for a OG who can start and another as depth for Leary. Not a lot of free agent guards left but there are some. Flacco will need another target because timing of Sanders return and how he’ll play are in question - get Andy Isabella in the 3rd or 4th round.

If Elway continues investing in the line I think Flacco has a good chance to be successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      It's quite simple to me.

Joe Flacco isn't scared
      Case Keenum was

We have an adult real NFL QB taking center now. I'm not saying he's gonna lead the league in any stats ..... but this team needs this

my only reservations are the following.....

The Broncos right now - are at this turning point. From what I've heard - next year's draft is going to have some good QB's. If the Broncos really sucked this year- they might could draft one. Getting Flacco means ........... we're either going to do well enough to make the playoffs OR..... and this is where the reservation comes in ........ will be just good enough to get lousy draft position and not be able to afford that high 1st QB.

So - we were one season away from maybe getting that franchise QB. But maybe we got one this season. Only time will tell
      Joe doesn't really get scared. He seems to be at his sharpest during crunch time. It's the stuff that can happen before that can get frustrating. He isn't a histrionics guy. He's calm and people confuse that for not being competitive or loving football and wanting to win. If your team is getting trounced and you think he will be getting in guys faces he won't do that. That's not him.

I keep looking for his Jersey online buy and have not seen it yet. He's going to be 5 for you guys right?

I am psyched to pull for the Joe and the Broncos this year. I'm hoping to get to know the roster this year and follow along as an honorary fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
        What I think you don't understand is, all of us pessimists would love to be surprised. We want to have a winning season with a team we can get behind.
        Winning season with a team you can get behind? QB is now the least of your worries. Joe is a smart and solid player that gives 110% all of the time. If the other pieces are there(O line, receivers, etc.)QB is not going to be a point of failure.
        Last edited by JimmyT; 03-17-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyT View Post
          Winning season with a team you can get behind? QB is now the least of your worries. Joe is a smart and solid player that gives 110% all of the time. If the other pieces are there(O line, receivers, etc.)QB is not going to be a point of failure.
          Having one of the league's worst starting QBs should not be "the least" of anyone's worries. It should be worry #1 for this team. It is the part of the team which inspires the least confidence by far

Comment

• Flacco will take us to the Play Offs. He shouldn't have to shoulder the load this year on Offense. With ES, a breakout yr for Sutton or Patrick, a top 10 run game, he will be way better then an average QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              Having one of the league's worst starting QBs should not be "the least" of anyone's worries. It should be worry #1 for this team. It is the part of the team which inspires the least confidence by far
              What woulld you have like to see us do this off-season?
              Trade for or sign Foles?
              Draft a Qb?
              Other ?
              sigpic

Comment

• I think he is a step up from keenum. but I hope that the line gets fixed, and this becomes a running/big pass play team. I think the difference, in the qb is the ability to keep \the "box" open for the RB or, make the D pay for filling up the box. I think Flacco will be better at that than keenum. But he is not a great QB, but may be more of what this team needs

Comment

• Originally posted by BustOfPallas View Post
                  Joe doesn't really get scared. He seems to be at his sharpest during crunch time. It's the stuff that can happen before that can get frustrating. He isn't a histrionics guy. He's calm and people confuse that for not being competitive or loving football and wanting to win. If your team is getting trounced and you think he will be getting in guys faces he won't do that. That's not him.

I keep looking for his Jersey online buy and have not seen it yet. He's going to be 5 for you guys right?

I am psyched to pull for the Joe and the Broncos this year. I'm hoping to get to know the roster this year and follow along as an honorary fan.
                  Interestingly, Garrett Grayson currently is assigned #5. Flacco has not been assigned a # yet... maybe Grayson is holding out for a large amount of $.
                  sigpic

Comment

Flacco has a new team, new coaches and a fresh start. The Broncos have some strong young talent to build around - Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton, Hamilton, Patrick and Butt (healthy?). Elway hired one of the best coaches to improve the line and upgraded the RT. I suspect the Broncos will use the draft to continue building the offensive line. We don’t know how it will play out one way or the other but free agency has been positive thus far. Nothing to worry about, just keep building the roster. I would like Elway to draft a stud TE like Hockenson or Fant, but there are only so many picks.
                    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-17-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

League’s worst? lol Let me know what you think come December.

Comment

• I wonder if Flacco and Chris Harris will settle the score once and for all
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Flacco has always been an average qb on great teams. What I don't understand is how all the raven fans and flacco supporters keep saying he is the franchise qb we have been needing and he's the qb for years to come.

He was already breaking down in baltimore and he's 34. He's just another average qb who only had a few years left in the league.

Better than what we had but I would prefer to shoot for something greater even if there's risk of a bust than stick with mediocrity.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyT View Post
                            League’s worst? lol Let me know what you think come December.
                            It won't take till December I can promise you that....
                            Last edited by Saddletramp; 03-17-2019, 04:52 PM.
                            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Dude - sorry that we happen to know more about Flacco and the situation here than you do from across the country. He is not perfect or without fault - but he is a winner. I will say after scrolling this message board, it proves that there are just as many negative folks in Denver as there are in Baltimore! 😜. I hope he is all we think he can be and that the fans in Denver support him. He and his family will do nothing but make your team and community better.

Comment

• I'm one of those detested former Baltimore fans who has followed Joe to Denver. This is what you can get with Flacco if you give him a decent O line, a competent offensive coordinator (in this case Kubiak from 2014) and a couple of guys who can catch the ball:

5 passing TDs in 16 minutes and 3 seconds (the NFL record)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt5v_3KMolg

Joe hasn't had a competent offensive coordinator since Kubiak left - not to mention a lack of competent receivers. Harbaugh is inherently a coach who doesn't want to take risks by playing aggressive MODERN offensive football - THAT IS WHO HE IS. He thinks he's Bo Schmebechler reincarnated. That's why the Ravens drafted Lamar and let Joe go - Harbaugh thinks he can get Lamar to run the ball to the Superbowl.

This is the year (2014) that Joe took the Ravens to the Playoffs, and gave them two (2) 14 point game leads in New England against the Pats - only to watch the Ravens defense fritter the game away when Harbaugh pulled the plug on Kubiak and played not to lose the game.
                                Last edited by Melemele; 03-17-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X