Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    What frustrates me about it, is Elway seems to think Flacco is the answer judging on his presser...He's not. He's a stop gap bandaid and that's ok, that's what we need for RIGHT NOW. We also need a future QB. I'm afraid that even if the right QB is sitting there at 10 Elway's just going to pass one up YET AGAIN because he's signed his 2019 bandaid...
    I'm in the same boat and that has been my worry since the trade was announced.

    The QB situation becomes infinitely more palatable with a talented young QB behind Flacco. As it stands now, Elway's either playing smokescreen or he's treating Flacco like he treated Keenum "We got him. We got our guy!"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      If they end up our franchise QB, they aren't a reach. So many talking heads think they know where everyone belongs. You either have to roll the dice, or you keep farting around with the "name that old QB" game. I for one am sick of aging QB's on borrowed time.

      Draft Locke or Haskins if he's there, if they aren't there, draft Grier or Stidham a little later in the draft. Quit kicking the QB can on down the road and trusting aging or journeyman QB's to get the job done.
      Making good points here. We need a CP button on mobile

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
        And thus my list of "Top 10" QBs who have been recently Drafted, and have failed.

        And if you knew the answer, why did you ask?

        The point is that Elway has been successful in some areas, and a HUGE failure in others. He succeeded with Manning, he failed with Draft Picks Tebow (inherited from mcdaniels), Lynch, Osweiler, Siemian, and Kelly. Notwithstanding the idea of Drafting a young QB as your future "Franchise QB", if you find success by doing one thing, and have failed by doing something else, wouldn't it be logical to repeat what has brought you some success?

        Where has this Franchise found real success with QBs? Craig Morton, ironically at age 34. John Elway, for whom we traded, and did not win a Superbowl until the year before he retired. And Peyton Manning, a FA signing.

        The Broncos have gone 0-38 in the Draft. Those are the FACTS. And the odds of that changing are not good.

        But hey, if Elway Drafts Haskins at #10 or REACHES for Lock, a 2nd Round talent at best, at #10, I'll support the decision and will be very excited to see how it works out. You know, as opposed to being invested in their failure as some have been with Flacco, .................. and for Chubb, for that matter.
        I ask because you consistently ignore the point. They have never drafted any of the drafts top talent. If they took a chance on a kid who was supposed to be one of the draft best, maybe the results might be different? Whether it's draft or through trade finding a young man in his twenties who can put in 10 plus years of work for you is necessary for long-term success

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
          Getting deja vu from this time last year with Keenum from these sort of posts. He proved the doubters correct before the season was 25% complete lol. I think there will be a pretty loud cry from the fanbase to bench Flacco by the halfway mark of this coming season.
          I'm in your camp on this, although he might exceed my expectations. I just don't see it. And yes, I do use the Keenum case as an example of our continued effort to secure a quality QB, but keep on wasting time finding one. We need to either draft one early, or make a big boy trade....and I suspect that type of trade isn't happening.

          Building around the QB is smart...but you need a good one to begin with. It's like giving a young child a bunch of nice toys, that are meant for a teenager. Utilization issue.

          I guess I am unclear what Elway's definition of a long term QB is these days. I was impressed how he acquired Manning, and the risk he took at the time. But he not only landed a big fish, he spent some coin providing assets that would complement him. He did so on D as well. But since then, it's been trial and error. And we went from rookie projections, to vets with some downside in their resume. Keenum did come off his best season as a pro, but his body of work spoke otherwise. Flacco, for me, is definitely past his prime....though Elway sees it different. He is the boss, so my thoughts are irrelevant. But the chances of Flacco adapting quickly, gaining his legs, staying healthy, looking like a top tier QB, are not that great.

          Time to look forward. Find a young QB who can grow with his mates.

          Comment


          • You can win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as your quarterback.

            This is a proven fact.

            I think he'll do better than you think on a Fangio-coached team.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
              You can win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as your quarterback.

              This is a proven fact.

              I think he'll do better than you think on a Fangio-coached team.
              You can win two Super Bowls with Eli Manning. You can win a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson. Heck you can win four(!!!!!!) superbowls with Terry Bradshaw! Shoot sign him up, 4 SBs must mean he is currently 4x as good as Flacco!

              These are proven facts. These are all just as relevant as Flacco winning a SB almost a decade ago.

              Seriously though, there is no point to be made in pointing out Flacco's 2012 success. It has no influence on what he will bring to Denver, nor does it change his last 4 years of poor play and the very obvious onset of aging that has influenced said poor play.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                You can win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as your quarterback.

                This is a proven fact.

                I think he'll do better than you think on a Fangio-coached team.
                I totally agree, but you know what THEY will say...

                But it wasn't anything flacco did, it was his defense that won it even though in that postseason flacco had 11 td & 0 int...

                But that was so long ago & he can't play anymore, can't even beat out a rookie even though he lost the job due to injury & the decision was made to stick with jackson...kind of like the year we won it & manning was injured & lost the starting job, because he was the backup week 17 but could have started as we all saw him come in before half.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  If they end up our franchise QB, they aren't a reach. So many talking heads think they know where everyone belongs. You either have to roll the dice, or you keep farting around with the "name that old QB" game. I for one am sick of aging QB's on borrowed time.

                  Draft Locke or Haskins if he's there, if they aren't there, draft Grier or Stidham a little later in the draft. Quit kicking the QB can on down the road and trusting aging or journeyman QB's to get the job done.
                  good point FREY!!!Kansas City going out and getting their man in Mahomes is the perfect example of what your saying. If Denver has a guy in mind they need to go get him, let him sit a year and then let him loose and allow him to grow. May opinion is a little different in that I don't want them to draft a Qb to draft a QB, if Herbert is their guy they should go get him next year, and same thing with Lock.

                  Note: Crazy thing is i thought we were gonna grab Allen last year kid reminded me physically of Elway, shows what I know.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    You can win two Super Bowls with Eli Manning. You can win a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson. Heck you can win four(!!!!!!) superbowls with Terry Bradshaw! Shoot sign him up, 4 SBs must mean he is currently 4x as good as Flacco!

                    These are proven facts. These are all just as relevant as Flacco winning a SB almost a decade ago.

                    Seriously though, there is no point to be made in pointing out Flacco's 2012 success. It has no influence on what he will bring to Denver, nor does it change his last 4 years of poor play and the very obvious onset of aging that has influenced said poor play.
                    Can't argue anything you've said...

                    But to look for a silver lining - Flacco actually did have his best start to his career for like the first four or five games last season, before getting dinged up and then coming back down to earth/mediocrity.

                    Comment


                    • To say Flacco is a bad QB is kind of disingenuous. There are a lot of people that would like to have the successful NFL career that Flacco has had up to this point.
                      Nobody knows for sure that he's going to be a bad quarterback for us, until it happens. But like Elway said, he's going to keep swinging and try to find the right QB.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        To say Flacco is a bad QB is kind of disingenuous. There are a lot of people that would like to have the successful NFL career that Flacco has had up to this point.
                        Nobody knows for sure that he's going to be a bad quarterback for us, until it happens. But like Elway said, he's going to keep swinging and try to find the right QB.

                        Hey, I'm just glad that Elway went out and found a QB who has successfully played his entire career with one team, who won a Superbowl as MVP, and who, because of his experience, can get the ball out of his hand quickly. Exactly what the Broncos need.

                        The Broncos have their Starting QB, for the near future., And people can complain that they disagree with the actual Professionals who make the decisions for the Broncos, all they want, and it isn't going to change a thing. Personally, I would just like to see some of the repetitive and inflammatory comments moved to the "Talkin' Smack" Threads.

                        Comment


                        • Repeatedly discrediting our starting QB is pretty much talking smack, trolling, etc..
                          (IMO)
                          When he proves himself one way or the other, then we can make a legitimate argument on either side.
                          Till then, I am optimistic about our season.

                          Comment


                          • Much of the fan base is still in a hangover from two years of atrocious coaching and disappointing quarterbacks, so the skepticism and even cynicism here is understandable --as is fans partaking of the Orange Kool-Aid when we've signed some good players and promising coaches as well.

                            But we really need to wait and see what the F.O. does with the Draft before we fully understand their plan in order to level criticism at it.

                            And (despite some Nostradamian egos here) we really won't know how all of these new parts and pieces (including Joe Flacco) will work together as a TEAM until the regular season is under way.

                            No amount arguing and debating here will tell us anything new or advance our understanding of the situation until these things have occurred. Folks can argue about Joe's merits (or lacktherof) until you all are blue in the face but all of that is a waste of time and neither side of such arguments can prevail against the other right now.

                            We are on wait&see mode to discover whether this was a good choice or not and that's the reality.

                            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                              Much of the fan base is still in a hangover from two years of atrocious coaching and disappointing quarterbacks, so the skepticism and even cynicism here is understandable --as is fans partaking of the Orange Kool-Aid when we've signed some good players and promising coaches as well.

                              But we really need to wait and see what the F.O. does with the Draft before we fully understand their plan in order to level criticism at it.

                              And (despite some Nostradamian egos here) we really won't know how all of these new parts and pieces (including Joe Flacco) will work together as a TEAM until the regular season is under way.

                              No amount arguing and debating here will tell us anything new or advance our understanding of the situation until these things have occurred. Folks can argue about Joe's merits (or lacktherof) until you all are blue in the face but all of that is a waste of time and neither side of such arguments can prevail against the other right now.

                              We are on wait&see mode to discover whether this was a good choice or not and that's the reality.
                              In spite of my few specific concerns/uncertainties, I can not argue with your commentary. But do forgive me for my worries...…...





                              :thumb:

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                In spite of my few specific concerns/uncertainties, I can not argue with your commentary. But do forgive me for my worries...…...





                                :thumb:
                                Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer/Phil Hartman. One of the best SNL skits, ever.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X