This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I don’t have a specific narrative. I took the one that typically shows up under just selecting passer stats on espn. The QBR did not.

If you choose to ignore it and go with QBR fine.

But then you can’t ignore the other stats I posted that state since 2012 he is either

34th Or 35th out of 36th in the league in

TD-isn’t ratio
    First down %
    Yards per attempt.

They don’t tell the full story but are all very concerning stats.
    That's fair. I won't argue those stats, just that I think he was playing for a junk OC last year, and he did well under Kubes. As far as narrative goes, I can tell you don't think much of Flacco. I never thought of him as a franchise quarterback, but just watching he and Keenum play, I don't see it. Flacco's the better QB in my eyes.

Comment

• I think Flacco gives them a chance to be aggressive while still remaining balanced on offense.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Even if we still draft a QB, which we should, Flacco is likely to have the starting gig just gifted to him and we'll mismanage the drafted QB the same way we mishandled Paxton by not giving him a really opportunity to sink or swim on the field. An opportunity that young QBs need to develop and Teams need to see if the guy is even worth developing.

But then you factor in that Flacco will likely get 10+ million even on a restructure, then at least 10 million for keenums dead cap, then a rookie at #10 will run 11 million...

All for a QB that has averaged 19 TDs and 13 ints a year since their SB. That's marginally better than Keenum this year. In fact, over the last two years, Keenum has outperformed Flacco.

Sickening.

Comment

• Hopefully this works out in a positive fashion. Hopefully the QB carousel becomes a thing of the past sooner rather than later.

Comment

• My best guess is Flacco and we draft Brock because Flacco WILL get hurt.

What happens to Keenum is what I don't have a good feel for-back to Minnesota to back up Kirk with Kubiak? My best guess.
            Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
              We basically trade DT for Joe Flacco. While both are at the tail end of their careers. Flacco still has the ability to win us games. The offense in Baltimore was not good. Their oline was bad( it is here too), they had no run game until they brought Lamar’s offense out, and their receiving core has been avg at best.
              And.......we could still get DT back.......very cheap! Win-win across the board!
              #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                That's fair. I won't argue those stats, just that I think he was playing for a junk OC last year, and he did well under Kubes. As far as narrative goes, I can tell you don't think much of Flacco. I never thought of him as a franchise quarterback, but just watching he and Keenum play, I don't see it. Flacco's the better QB in my eyes.
                I would say was better not still is better.

To be fair to your argument i hate Keenum too. I hate them both. This is lose lose in my mind not a win.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  Even if we still draft a QB, which we should, Flacco is likely to have the starting gig just gifted to him and we'll mismanage the drafted QB the same way we mishandled Paxton by not giving him a really opportunity to sink or swim on the field. An opportunity that young QBs need to develop and Teams need to see if the guy is even worth developing.

But then you factor in that Flacco will likely get 10+ million even on a restructure, then at least 10 million for keenums dead cap, then a rookie at #10 will run 11 million...

All for a QB that has averaged 19 TDs and 13 ints a year since their SB. That's marginally better than Keenum this year. In fact, over the last two years, Keenum has outperformed Flacco.

Sickening.
                  Because that is exactly why Fangio signed on with his no nonsense style and attitude.

I'll admit, I'm perplexed by this move as anyone but with new staffing at HC and OC that had to be part of this discussion, I am willing to extend the benefit of the doubt.

I am actually more concerned about Flacco post-injury but after 4 years of not stretching the field and throwing short nearly every down, Flacco does offer something different to expect, even if it is jump balls.

And he is tall.

Comment

• FANTASTIC NEWS.

And really, no surprise whatsoever. Flacco, a Superbowl MVP, certainly had his way with the Broncos more than once over his career. Now we can put the idea to rest that a QB will be taken in the 1st Round.. Clearly, John Elway has put the lesson into action he has learned of Drafting QBs, that has never worked out for the Broncos, versus going for a top Veteran (a la Peyton Manning).

GREAT MOVE if Flacco still has something in the tank. Frankly, I would have preferred a 30-year old Foles, but he may have been too expensive.

Comment

• Honestly, I'm ok with this. I don't think I would take any QB in this years draft higher than the 2nd round, so if this prevents Elway from reaching on a QB at 10, so be it. This move makes us better right away, and prevents John from panicking at the draft.
                      Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        And.......we could still get DT back.......very cheap! Win-win across the board!
                        We won’t get him back but yes! Wins across the board

Comment

• I am happy about this, we have a real NFL QB now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighFive View Post
                            This looks like a terrible move. Flaco has 3 years left and has ZERO motivation to restructure $60+ million left on his contract. He gets $18 million in 2019 and even if we cut Kenum its a $10million dead cap hit. We need linemen and a young QB, this move makes NO SENSE!!!
                            He has $0 in guaranteed money I believe. The more I think about it, the less I hate it and the more I understand it. We do need to get a young QB to groom though for it to make complete sense. With that said:

Flacco > Keenum
                            sigpic

Comment

• Flacco can make all the throws and Sutton can make all the catches.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Flacco = mediocre

Keenum = mediocre

Dumb, dumb move imo....

Comment

Working...
                                X