• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freyaka
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Arapaho, I understand there are fans here that are adamant Flacco is garbage and is one of the main reasons we're 0-4.

I'm not saying that. He's been playing fine this year. He had a couple of really good throws and drives yesterday.

What I'm telling you is, this team isn't good enough to rally around a 34-year-old mercenary quarterback and won't be any time soon. There's no point in spinning your wheels with Joe Flacco because you won't be able to beat the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs with him.

This team needs to blow it up from the top to the bottom, including Flacco, including Von, including CHJ, including Sanders, because you're one of the worst teams in the NFL with these guys and they're not contributing enough for you to legitimately move forward with them when you have so many deficiencies across the board.
    This times 100! If this were 2015, maybe we could make flacco work, it isn't, we don't have the team around him, we need to start building for the future, that future isn't with a washed up average at best qb.

If you expect the defense to carry him, this isn't that team, not since Wade left, thank Elway for that, and the constant poor coaching and player choices.

Flacco isn't going what we need him to do to win, to win, we need him to score more points, he's not capable of that which is why some of us are pissed that we are massively overpaying this guy in a situation where we should be in rebuilding mode.

This isn't a win now team and flacco isn't a win now qb...
    sigpic

Comment

• RocketArm006
      Totally Worth It
      • May 2008

I would agree with that had he said "we have 13 weeks to go".

What he ACTUALLY said was "I have 13 weeks HERE".

There's definitely a difference.
      Agreed. It isn’t a good situation. Unfortunately, I think it’s a sign of the culture in dove valley these days.

Comment

• Freyaka
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2007

The point we keep trying to get at, flaccos a poor poor choice for qb for this team. Is that his fault? No, thank Elway for that.

This team needs points. We lack the personnel on defense. You want a defense that can stop the run? Go back in time and convince Elway to resign Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathon or Brandon Marshall. We lack the DT and MLB to stop the run. That's Elways fault. The coaching staff is incapable of adjusting the scheme, also on Elway....

The frustration here is that flacco at no fault of his own, isn't worth the absurd amount he's being paid and he's not a long term answer. He'd be fine if we needed a game manager, that's not where we are as a team. We need a young long term qb capable of putting points on the board and winning games despite defensive limitations.

When lock comes back, he needs to start immediately.
        sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
          Flacco is a great QB.

Ahem, that came out wrong, I meant to say Flacco is a great backup QB. He would be a welcome addition to any team as their backup.
          Not with his salary. 8mil or less a year? Absolutely, but we're eating so much money on his contact and Elway stupidly extended him.....
          sigpic

Comment

• BroncoStampede
            Ring of Famer
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Not with his salary. 8mil or less a year? Absolutely, but we're eating so much money on his contact and Elway stupidly extended him.....
            Elway re-structured him, not re-extended him. From what I understand they converted his salary to a signing bonus. So they can cut him after this year and not owe him anything. They would have a cap hit of 13 million next year. But, by doing that they freed up 13 million in cap space this year. I believe that was so they have flexibility to re-sign players to extensions during the season.

Comment

• dizzolve
              Orange Rush
              • Mar 2009

Elway re-structured him, not re-extended him. From what I understand they converted his salary to a signing bonus. So they can cut him after this year and not owe him anything. They would have a cap hit of 13 million next year. But, by doing that they freed up 13 million in cap space this year. I believe that was so they have flexibility to re-sign players to extensions during the season.
              Say we move on from Flacco after this year under the original contract details......what would have been different?
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• mojo0730
                Football Immortal
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                Say we move on from Flacco after this year under the original contract details......what would have been different?
                There would have been no dead cap money. The Broncos could have cut or traded Flacco free and clear.

Now with the restructuring, they can still release him and not owe him anything, but they would have a $13+ million cap hit for 2020.
                sigpic

Comment

• arapaho
                  reserved for losing bet
                  • Mar 2004

Arapaho, I understand there are fans here that are adamant Flacco is garbage and is one of the main reasons we're 0-4.

I'm not saying that. He's been playing fine this year. He had a couple of really good throws and drives yesterday.

What I'm telling you is, this team isn't good enough to rally around a 34-year-old mercenary quarterback and won't be any time soon. There's no point in spinning your wheels with Joe Flacco because you won't be able to beat the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs with him.

This team needs to blow it up from the top to the bottom, including Flacco, including Von, including CHJ, including Sanders, because you're one of the worst teams in the NFL with these guys and they're not contributing enough for you to legitimately move forward with them when you have so many deficiencies across the board.

NO AURGUMENT....my issue is posters laying the blame specifically on flacco...nobody I know thinks flacco is this franchise top qb and the future for the next few years

however

we aint losing because of flacco, we didn't lost to the jags because flacco threw a 1st half int that gave the jags 3 points....to blame that and not the defense allowing fournette to run over them for 190 second half yards

you show me a game where a team allows 225 yards rushing to a single back and wins...there isn't many

in fact since 2014 there has been 11 games where a defense allowed a 200 yard rusher...not team, but a 200 yard rusher

those teams are 0-11

so for posters to sit here and cry about a 1st half int that led to 3 points, costing us the game is a joke
                  Last edited by arapaho; 09-30-2019, 10:44 AM.
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• BroncoStampede
                    Ring of Famer
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                    NO AURGUMENT....my issue is posters laying the blame specifically on flacco...nobody I know thinks flacco is this franchise top qb and the future for the next few years

however

we aint losing because of flacco, we didn't lost to the jags because flacco threw a 1st half int that gave the jags 3 points....to blame that and not the defense allowing fournette to run over them for 190 second half yards

you show me a game where a team allows 225 yards rushing to a single back and wins...there isn't many

in fact since 2014 there has been 11 games where a defense allowed a 200 yard rusher...not team, but a 200 yard rusher

those teams are 0-11
                    The hot knife always wins against butter.

Comment

• arapaho
                      reserved for losing bet
                      • Mar 2004

There would have been no dead cap money. The Broncos could have cut or traded Flacco free and clear.

Now with the restructuring, they can still release him and not owe him anything, but they would have a $13+ million cap hit for 2020.
                      its really zero difference

the money they saved by extending flacco will still be on the books unless we sign another player,

so instead of paying him his full 2019 salary we just split it...if we don't sign another player, then that cap 2019 savings will be eliminated by next years dead money if we release him
                      sigpic

Comment

• arapaho
                        reserved for losing bet
                        • Mar 2004

The hot knife always wins against butter.
                        so did the jags heat their knife up in the half time locker room?

those same players that held the jags to 40 yards rushing were playing in the second half too
                        sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

however

those teams are 0-11

so for posters to sit here and cry about a 1st half int that led to 3 points, costing us the game is a joke
                          Potato patato... Bottom line, he was a terrible hire by Elway. He does not fit what we need, he cost too much money for an 0-4 qb and he was a huge mistake.

We can split hairs over "is it his fault he didn't score enough points, or the defenses fault for lacking the talent to prevent them from scoring points"

The bottom line is Elway screwed up and never should have signed flacco.

Just like Elway had continually screwed up at the qb position since Manning.
                          sigpic

Comment

• dizzolve
                            Orange Rush
                            • Mar 2009

He was the best vet QB available
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Freyaka
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              He was the best vet QB available
                              Which is a big part of the issue... Just because he's a vet, doesn't mean he should be overpaid. If you are going to lose 4 games in a row, you can do that just as easily with a rookie.
                              sigpic

Comment

• arapaho
                                reserved for losing bet
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                Which is a big part of the issue... Just because he's a vet, doesn't mean he should be overpaid. If you are going to lose 4 games in a row, you can do that just as easily with a rookie.
                                so you would have just kept keenums 18 million contract or cut him and hoped to draft a qb to start ?

arm chair Gms always have the best hindssight
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X