No announcement yet.

Sanders value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a blurb last week that Sanders said something along the lines of he "wouldn't mind playing in the slot." I think that'd be a great potential security blanket for Flacco and I don't think we'd get as much as we'd lose in trading him away.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
      I saw a blurb last week that Sanders said something along the lines of he "wouldn't mind playing in the slot." I think that'd be a great potential security blanket for Flacco and I don't think we'd get as much as we'd lose in trading him away.
      He basically said he will line up anywhere as long as he see 8-10 targets a game

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        He basically said he will line up anywhere as long as he see 8-10 targets a game
        I think he'd be great in the slot, honestly. I think he'd pull D's back away from the LOS.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
          He is certainly Tough Enough. I mean the guy is prepared to take the hits for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
            Coming off a torn Achilles? Maybe a middle round Draft Pick if you are real lucky.

But, why would you do that with your best receiver when Sutton, Hamilton and Patrick are coming off their rookie seasons. This team needs a Veteran presence with these young players. And judging by the last couple of seasons, Flacco is going to need all the help he can get. I fully expect Denver to sign a veteran WR in Free Agency.

We Traded DT, who was the Broncos best WR, for a 4th (along with exchanging 7th Round Picks with Houston).

This team can't trade away it's top talent, like we did with Talib (we got a 5th that turned out to be Fumagalli), and expect to compete with anyone.
            He's only our best receiver if he's healthy. Truth is we'd be lucky to get a 6th for him. You have to let this thing about Talib go. You spout it in every thread you comment on. If you honestly believe having him on the team last year would have made a difference, a legitimate difference, you aren't paying attention. And it wasn't just about him, it was about the money. So yes, the pick was used on Fumagalli, but the 10 mil was used to sign or extend someone else. So that's two players for one. And yes, Fumagali wasn't a smashing success, but he has room and age to improve. Talib is only going to get older and slower, and he only played in half the Rams' games last year.
            All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

The Broncos were right in keeping him here. His value for us is worth way more then what we could get for trading. If he comes back 100%, then he pays dividends. But, I wouldn't put him at slot. Keep him wide and make every team worry about him going deep. It would probably be better for his foot and his long term health as well. ES has taken lots of cringe worthy hits and got up and trotted back to the huddle like it was just another play. But he is 30 now and keeping the train wrecks to a minimum might keep him on the field for the season.

Comment

Great news on Sanders.....

Comment

His value to the team is far more than we can get in a trade. There are so many "what ifs" in our receiving core and enough young players on the team that his vet leadership is essential. We need him in our locker room, very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                    He's only our best receiver if he's healthy. Truth is we'd be lucky to get a 6th for him. You have to let this thing about Talib go. You spout it in every thread you comment on. If you honestly believe having him on the team last year would have made a difference, a legitimate difference, you aren't paying attention. And it wasn't just about him, it was about the money. So yes, the pick was used on Fumagalli, but the 10 mil was used to sign or extend someone else. So that's two players for one. And yes, Fumagali wasn't a smashing success, but he has room and age to improve. Talib is only going to get older and slower, and he only played in half the Rams' games last year.
                    I agree it would be great if flacco could protect him more... Sanders has indeed taken some mega hits over the years but he just keeps running routes. His toughness is unbelievable.

So glad we extended him.

Comment

Working...
                    X