Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys feel about the Offensive Line

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by The Excellector View Post
    I’ve watched tape of most of the first round prospects. Andre Dillard seems tailor-made for this blocking scheme. I could see the Broncos trade back from ten and still take Dillard. However, if they do that, would they move Bolles to Guard?
    I don’t think Dillard would start until year 2. His run blocking needs a lot of work as does his punch and overall hand technique. His footwork is great but he’s not ready to start immediately imo

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      I hate to say it but I see a pattern here with the O-linemen. Not saying it’s a bad thing but I can’t help but notice that when Denver linemen get hurt in a contract year, the Broncos are very reluctant to resign them.

      I remember Chris Kuper and JD Walton being allowed to leave via free agency and now Matt Paradis. Luis Vasquez was also kind of forced into retirement. The only reason Leary May still be here is because he was smart enough to get the injury clause worked into his contract but other than that I think we may see someone like Dalton Risner drafted if Denver decides to trade down in the first round with the number 10 pick.

      Most ppl say it’s unlikely that Denver would draft another O-line in the first even beyond the top 20 but I think Munchak will have more of say so than most ppl want to think!

      Also it’s wortj mentioning that both Franklin and Beadles were allowed to leave as well.
      Do not forget we once had Okung. His play for the Chargers is that much better when one considers how bad the other OT was for the Chargers and how much help the team needed to give the other side.

      IMO our coaching was so bad for years we were not getting the best out of OL

      RANK 5

      CHARGERS
      Pressures allowed: 154 (fifth). Average YGBC: 0.3 (14th).

      Score: 19.

      The Rams weren't the only team in Los Angeles to successfully revamp its offensive line, as the Chargers significantly improved as a pass-protecting unit in 2017. In 2016, Philip Rivers led the NFL with 21 interceptions and was under duress most of the year. The Chargers gave up a pressure on 29.8 percent of their plays two seasons ago, the 10th-highest rate in the league. That changed swiftly in Anthony Lynn's first year as head coach, with Los Angeles allowing the fifth-fewest pressures in 2017 and a league-low 18 sacks. The arrival of veteran left tackle Russell Okung in free agency proved to be a difference-making move for the Chargers' front-five.
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ive-line-units
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        And all the guys you mentioned were never really worth much. They looked alright here because we had crap, they didn't look so great after leaving. In each of those instances I think we made the right choice letting them walk (with an exception of maybe Kuper, but I think Kuper and Walton both had injury issues as well.
        The fact still remains the coaching was not getting as much as it could have with the players they were given.

        An argument can be made the PM was getting more out of the OL than our OL coaches were.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

        Comment


        • #79
          Better due to the draft and free agent pick up.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
            Better due to the draft and free agent pick up.
            agreed

            Risner should help our interior out.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

            Comment


            • #81
              Risner helps a lot. He can be used at most any position, if needed. I imagine he will compete for a OG spot, have to see how Leary's health is going into camp, Risner can practice/compete at both OG spots and see what happens. I think Wilkinson is a good candidate to start at LG again and both, Risner and Wilkinson could be used as swing tackles as needed. Maybe they will draft another OL in the 5th, that would be wise IMO.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #82
                Risner was a must have in my opinion. He fills out every single position on the line. He can be a swing tackle, C, or OG. He hasn't allowed a sack since 2016 and started every game he played. The Broncos made like pack of bandits with him. Solid, solid pick.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                  Risner helps a lot. He can be used at most any position, if needed. I imagine he will compete for a OG spot, have to see how Leary's health is going into camp, Risner can practice/compete at both OG spots and see what happens. I think Wilkinson is a good candidate to start at LG again and both, Risner and Wilkinson could be used as swing tackles as needed. Maybe they will draft another OL in the 5th, that would be wise IMO.
                  I think Risner will probably start at one of the OG/OC positions but I also wouldn't count out moving Bolles and having Risner start at one of the OT spots.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    I think Risner will probably start at one of the OG/OC positions but I also wouldn't count out moving Bolles and having Risner start at one of the OT spots.
                    I would like to see what Munchak can do with Bolles before giving up on him as a OT

                    From what I read Risner struggles with speed rushers in college as OT and that is the kind of thing he will face every week as a OT in the NFL.

                    One thing is for sure...Munchak has a lot more to work with now than he did when he signed with the Broncos and that I like a lot
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Risner has shorter arms than most NFL tackle so he will play inside at guard as Elway already stated.

                      However and even though he has shorter arms, he held is own againt outside pass rushers in college, Montez Sweat was one of them! He can play!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        If the bold is Denver's starting OL,
                        then I hope the depth is capable of
                        picking up any slack.

                        Bolles
                        Leary / Schlottmann
                        McGovern / Falah
                        Risner / Jones
                        James / Wilkinson

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                          If the bold is Denver's starting OL,
                          then I hope the depth is capable of
                          picking up any slack.

                          Bolles
                          Leary / Schlottmann
                          McGovern / Falah
                          Risner / Jones
                          James / Wilkinson
                          Whoever the 5 are, hopefully Kuper and Munchak will have them ready to go.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Kinda excited about our possible line and the depth. Way to go Denver.
                            GO BRONCOS!!!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Love the Risner pick and James signing. Munchak has some players to work with, at least.

                              If Bolles can be coached and improved and Leary can be healthy they might even be pretty damn good together.

                              Only surprise I take from the draft is they did not choose to take a late round or two olineman to work with.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                                Love the Risner pick and James signing. Munchak has some players to work with, at least.

                                If Bolles can be coached and improved and Leary can be healthy they might even be pretty damn good together.

                                Only surprise I take from the draft is they did not choose to take a late round or two olineman to work with.
                                Following still available:
                                OT Tyler Roemer, San Diego St.
                                OT Mitch Hyatt, Clemson
                                OT Paul Adams, Missouri
                                OG Lester Cotton, Alabama
                                T/G Martez Ivey, Florida
                                OG Nate Herbig, Stanford

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X