How do you guys feel about the Offensive Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    And don't forget the best offensive line coach in recent NFL history.
    Dante Scarnecchia, Bill Callahan and Tom Cable are in the conversation as well.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
      And don't forget the best offensive line coach in recent NFL history.
      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Dante Scarnecchia, Bill Callahan and Tom Cable are in the conversation as well.
      The beauty in that is the feeling that things are going to be fixed. We know there’s no pixie dust that will make sweeping overnight changes. But great coaches know how to overcome obstacles and correct on the fly. We have a great mix of old wisdom and youthful ideas on the coaching staff as a whole. I just don’t feel the level of arrogance/ignorance that was here in seasons past will be an issue.
      #swapping

Comment

• O Line with FA and now Risner and the best OL coach in the league may just be a strength this year..

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
          O Line with FA and now Risner and the best OL coach in the league may just be a strength this year..
          Starters look good. Hope some good depth can be developed during preseason. If anyone can do it, Munchak and Kuper can.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Starters look good. Hope some good depth can be developed during preseason. If anyone can do it, Munchak and Kuper can.
            Thankfully, we did gain some depth over what we had last year, but I agree. With our injury luck the past few years, it would be nice to have some solid depth to fall back on.
            sigpic

Comment

• Looks like Veldheer has resigned with the Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
                Looks like Veldheer has resigned with the Broncos.
                Source? Everything i'm reading says he's signing with the patriots.

*Edit* Yea, he's a patriot now...Your information is incorrect.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...dlines/9020541

Another $3 million is available through incentives. Veldheer is another body for a team adjusting to life without LT Trent Brown. Ineffective and injury prone for some time now, Veldheer would be a poor option on the blindside, though he will provide experienced depth if neither 2018 first-round injury washout Isaiah Wynn (Achilles') nor RT Marcus Cannon are up to the challenge. Veldheer's money suggests that starting is not completely out of the question. Third-round rookie Yodny Cajuste is also in the house.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Source? Everything i'm reading says he's signing with the patriots.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...dlines/9020541
                  Too bad. Veldheer would have been a terrific game day Swing Tackle. Also unfortunate Denver couldn't re-sign Billy Turner.

Starters look good: Bolles - Leary - McGovern - Risner - James

After that : Wilkinson (seven starts at RG last year); Barclay (didn't play last year); Brendel (IR then three starts then IR last year); Jones (rookie 6th round pick active five games last year); Rodgers (PS with seven teams during the past four years)

Then there are three undrafted rookie Tackles, one UDFA C, Schlottmann and Falah.

Sixteen guys. Let's see what Munchak and Kuper can do with them.

Comment

• Wilkinson should be in the mention for a swing tackle i feel he looked good expecially taking he was transistioning inside from tackle in college.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• [QUOTE=Freyaka;5811933]Source? Everything i'm reading says he's signing with the patriots.

Well ok, my mistake. Don't know how I read the article wrong, but I did. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
                        Well ok, my mistake. Don't know how I read the article wrong, but I did. Thanks for the correction.
                        All good man, wish he was still with us, but sadly....He's the enemy now.
                        sigpic

Comment

• The line will be top ten no matter whos out there. We have Mike Munchie! I still can't believe ol Johnny boy reeled him in!

Comment

• Originally posted by BayArea Bronco View Post
                            The line will be top ten no matter whos out there. We have Mike Munchie! I still can't believe ol Johnny boy reeled him in!
                            that feels like a super bold statement with how bad our o-line has been. we also need some of our players to take better to coaching(bolles)
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Season Run Block Pass Block Adj. Line Yards Sacks Allowed Adj. Sack Rate
                              With Munchak 2014-2018 8th 6th 4.33 27 4.80%
                              Without Munchak 2009-2013 17th 21st 3.99 43 7.60%
                              What’s most impressive is that it’s going on seven years since the Steelers spent higher than a 3rd round pick on an offensive lineman. Munchak is such an expert at his craft that he can find players late in the draft or in free agency who he can coach up and turn into solid NFL starters (or even Pro Bowlers).
                              Stay positive guys, we have the best I line coach in the world.
                              Last edited by BayArea Bronco; 05-12-2019, 03:57 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

• Sorry I don't know how to set up a link yet so I pasted a snip from an article. The bottom line is Mike has had a top ten line where ever hes been. So I do expect that here. Am I really being so bold.
                                I will addmit I am a very positive person.

Comment

Working...
                                X