Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dremont Jones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think you’re using the term deep loosely here
    I don't think so. They have 3 or 4 potential starter quality players in Wolfe, Jones, Gotsis, and Walker. They could also move Harris to DE. They may not be players of the caliber of guys such as JJ Watt or Calais Campbell but having 3 or 4 starting quality players at one position group is great depth, imo.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      13 TFL but college includes sacks into that category. I’m not saying he’s bad or won’t develop, Demarcus Walker was a 2nd round pick for a reason so I don’t even think it’s a bad comparison for him. I still think Walker can be what we drafted him to be, if you extrapolate his numbers per snap he has a high amount of production. Unfortunately for whatever reason the coaching staff wouldn’t give him a chance to sustain those numbers. Maybe he’s a bad practice player, maybe he got into it with the coaches, but he’s flashed when he’s played at his natural position.

      I’m just saying that Jones may not be that interior pocket collapser that he can be his rookie year. Dlinemen take time to develop and Walker has been here developing under one of the best coaches in the game. Granted if he’s in Kollar’s doghouse then it won’t matter much and he will likely be cut.
      Walker only had 21 snaps last season.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        Walker only had 21 snaps last season.
        And a 121 total for his 2 seasons. That’s a sack every 60-61 plays, if he played 700 snaps like Wolfe he would have been on pace for 11-12 sacks with 35 QB hits. Obviously an extremely minuscule sample size, one that probably can’t be maintained, but he’s produced when on the field even if the number is skewed the opposite way due to him playing OLB for a portion of those snaps.

        Even when he levels out he’s still likely going to get more than the 1.5 sacks and 6 hits Wolfe got last season. Wolfe should not be on the field for passing downs especially now that we’ve added Jones.

        Comment


        • #34
          Jones will be future replacement for Wolfe.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            And a 121 total for his 2 seasons. That’s a sack every 60-61 plays, if he played 700 snaps like Wolfe he would have been on pace for 11-12 sacks with 35 QB hits. Obviously an extremely minuscule sample size, one that probably can’t be maintained, but he’s produced when on the field even if the number is skewed the opposite way due to him playing OLB for a portion of those snaps.

            Even when he levels out he’s still likely going to get more than the 1.5 sacks and 6 hits Wolfe got last season. Wolfe should not be on the field for passing downs especially now that we’ve added Jones.
            I don't know if a good argument can be made for Walker to be the guy on the field yet. If it's 2 interior players, it might be Harris and Jones.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              I don't know if a good argument can be made for Walker to be the guy on the field yet. If it's 2 interior players, it might be Harris and Jones.
              Kollar and Fangio need to find some use for Walker. He is an interior pass rush specialist, if he can’t fit that role this year, time to cut ties.
              Would love to have Chubb, Walker, Jones, and Von going after QBs in passing situations.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                How does Jones compare to dare i say Malik?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  I don't think so. They have 3 or 4 potential starter quality players in Wolfe, Jones, Gotsis, and Walker. They could also move Harris to DE. They may not be players of the caliber of guys such as JJ Watt or Calais Campbell but having 3 or 4 starting quality players at one position group is great depth, imo.
                  I only see two guys who’ve proven they’re good enough to crack an average rotation, plus one guy who hasn’t and one one guy who will hopefully prove to be useful in the nickel.
                  Time will tell.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    I only see two guys who’ve proven they’re good enough to crack an average rotation, plus one guy who hasn’t and one one guy who will hopefully prove to be useful in the nickel.
                    Time will tell.
                    Wolfe, Harris, Gotsis and Kerr were in the rotation last year. Billy Winn has been in the rotation in the past. DreMont Jones can be part of the rotation if he earns it as a rookie. If DeMarcus Walker can figure out what it takes to get in the rotation and do it, that's a big if, but it could happen. I'm sure Vic Fangio and Bill Kollar will provide "reminders". That's seven guys and they'll probably only have five, six max active on game day. Mike Purcell and Caushaud Lyons are long shots, but have the opportunity to make plays to work their way into the coaches' conversation.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      It typically takes a few years for d-lineman to develop, hopefully everybody remembers that and we’re not reading he’s a bust after just week 3....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                        It typically takes a few years for d-lineman to develop, hopefully everybody remembers that and we’re not reading he’s a bust after just week 3....
                        Not really - talented D linemen are ready to rock and roll. It's not like offensive tackle or tight end.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Here's PFF's review of the guy. He was ranked 8th out of all interior DL in a very lopsided and deep defensive draft.


                          8. DI DRE’MONT JONES, OHIO STATE
                          No player in the FBS rushed the passer more than Dre’Mont Jones’ 500 snaps this past year. The man simply didn’t come off the field and still produced a 90.5 pass-rushing grade.

                          He was the HIGHEST rate defensive player in the B1G10 through 12 weeks.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
                            Here's PFF's review of the guy. He was ranked 8th out of all interior DL in a very lopsided and deep defensive draft.


                            8. DI DRE’MONT JONES, OHIO STATE
                            No player in the FBS rushed the passer more than Dre’Mont Jones’ 500 snaps this past year. The man simply didn’t come off the field and still produced a 90.5 pass-rushing grade.

                            He was the HIGHEST rate defensive player in the B1G10 through 12 weeks.
                            Super impressive. We got so much value here its crazy. Thr guy is a first round talent in a non deep defensive draft class. We got lucky here.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                              How does Jones compare to dare i say Malik?
                              Malik was viewed as "just a guy" until the 2015 season. His first 3 years were nondescript, at best. I think Walker could still produce on the same level Malik did, in his last year here.
                              All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                                Not really - talented D linemen are ready to rock and roll. It's not like offensive tackle or tight end.
                                Malik Jackson hardly saw the field his first year and didn't actually show his talent and production until year 4. And everybody seems to forget this, but Von had a better rookie year than JJ Watt. Watt was good, not great as a rookie.
                                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X