Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dremont Jones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I’d like to see Wolfe and Gotsis on 1st and 2nd and short yardage with Walker and Jones rotating in on 2nd and long and 3rd downs ...I don’t want to see an experiment with Jones as an OLB .....

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
      Malik was viewed as "just a guy" until the 2015 season. His first 3 years were nondescript, at best. I think Walker could still produce on the same level Malik did, in his last year here.
      Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
      Malik Jackson hardly saw the field his first year and didn't actually show his talent and production until year 4. And everybody seems to forget this, but Von had a better rookie year than JJ Watt. Watt was good, not great as a rookie.
      That isn't quite accurate. He had a good 2nd year in 2013 and then in 2014 he started the last 6 games replacing Sly at DT due to playing so well.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
        Malik Jackson hardly saw the field his first year and didn't actually show his talent and production until year 4. And everybody seems to forget this, but Von had a better rookie year than JJ Watt. Watt was good, not great as a rookie.
        Malik was also picked super late and wasn't great in college.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
          Malik was also picked super late and wasn't great in college.
          Didn't he transfer from USC to Tennessee?
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
            Malik was also picked super late and wasn't great in college.
            He was drafted in the fifth and was second team all SEC.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              He was drafted in the fifth and was second team all SEC.
              So he was no jones - got it.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                He was drafted in the fifth and was second team all SEC.
                And also played NT

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                  So he was no jones - got it.
                  3rd round-5th round are considered middle rounds. However you have a point, although Malik far outperformed his draft status so I’m not sure what the purpose of the comparison is.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    People are too quick to write off Walker.

                    Fangio and his staff are renowned teachers. Fangio also knows how to get the most out of his players.

                    Walker might surprise.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                      People are too quick to write off Walker.

                      Fangio and his staff are renowned teachers. Fangio also knows how to get the most out of his players.

                      Walker might surprise.
                      I'd love for Walker to show something. He hasn't, up until now. Nobody is being "too quick" to write of Walker. It's been 2 years, he's a 2nd Round Pick, and he has barely touched the field for a team that would have played him from Day 1 as the Vance Joseph Coaching staff would have done ANYTHING to keep their jobs. I'm not going to hold my breath on Walker's future. And judging by the Dre'Mont Jones Pick, I don't think the Broncos FO is holding thier breath, either. Unfortunately for Walker, I think he needs a "Miracle" to stick around.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                        I'd love for Walker to show something. He hasn't, up until now. Nobody is being "too quick" to write of Walker. It's been 2 years, he's a 2nd Round Pick, and he has barely touched the field for a team that would have played him from Day 1 as the Vance Joseph Coaching staff would have done ANYTHING to keep their jobs. I'm not going to hold my breath on Walker's future. And judging by the Dre'Mont Jones Pick, I don't think the Broncos FO is holding thier breath, either. Unfortunately for Walker, I think he needs a "Miracle" to stick around.
                        On profootball focus he grades out quite highly on the limited reps he did play. I think his lack of game time is down to the old coaching staff not knowing how to use him properly. I do think he’s going to surprise this year

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                          On profootball focus he grades out quite highly on the limited reps he did play. I think his lack of game time is down to the old coaching staff not knowing how to use him properly. I do think he’s going to surprise this year
                          I hope you’re right
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                            On profootball focus he grades out quite highly on the limited reps he did play. I think his lack of game time is down to the old coaching staff not knowing how to use him properly. I do think he’s going to surprise this year
                            The old coaching staff was terrible and didn’t know how to use Walker right to the best of his ability’s this is his last chance to figure it out in Denver and I think he will.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                              On profootball focus he grades out quite highly on the limited reps he did play. I think his lack of game time is down to the old coaching staff not knowing how to use him properly. I do think he’s going to surprise this year
                              If you go back to the 2018 preseason, you’ll see that Walker was constantly double teamed. How’s a back up playing with back ups supposed to succeed when being doubled!

                              He was used to clog lanes at times (which isn’t who he is) but his teammates didn’t do him many favors by not getting to the ball carrier too often. It was only preseason but guys were still trying to win jobs I thought.

                              Also I remember VJ saying he was drafted with the idea of moving to OLB so perhaps he was in the dog house for not making the transition. Interior DE/DT can be a hard position to adjust to in the NFL so hopefully he starts to get it soon but we shall see.
                              Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-01-2019, 07:42 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                                If you go back to the 2018 preseason, you’ll see that Walker was constantly double teamed. How’s a back up playing with back ups supposed to succeed when being doubled!

                                He was used to clog lanes at times (which isn’t who he is) but his teammates didn’t do him many favors by not getting to the ball carrier too often. It was only preseason but guys were still trying to win jobs I thought.

                                Also I remember VJ saying he was drafted with the idea of moving to OLB so perhaps he was in the dog house for not making the transition. Interior DE/DT can be a hard position to adjust to in the NFL so hopefully he starts to get it soon but we shall see.
                                Vj is a moron who ruined his development. He’s def talented with an amazing swim move and a nose for the backfield. Lets see if Fangio can right his ship

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X