DeMarcus Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Well what they need to do is make up their mind. Either he loses the weight and changes or keeps gaining weight for the benefit of the team.
    He already went through the process of putting the weight back on and spent, basically, a second rookie year learning his position last season. He showed impact in limited reps at DE. He's poised to either become a valued addition to the team or a busted draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
      I was excited about him his rookie year. The whole Lber experiment always seemed like a bad idea, but that’s Elway making more bad decisions.

I’m excited to see what he’s going to do at DE
      I absolutely believe John player a hand in the decision
      -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

I was excited about him his rookie year. The whole Lber experiment always seemed like a bad idea, but that’s Elway making more bad decisions.

I’m excited to see what he’s going to do at DE
        I know Mr Elway isn’t your favorite person. But please show me what evidence u have that says that was Elways decision?

Just cause u wanna believe it doesn’t make it true.
        Last edited by FL BRONCO; 06-05-2019, 06:48 AM.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
          I know Mr Elway isn’t your favorite person. But please show me what evidence u have that says that was Elways decision?

It would be bad if he didn’t, you think he just drafted Walker without a plan for him?

That would be worse than him having a hand in making him an OLB. He had an idea how he saw him being used in Denver before the draft.

It’s not like they drafted him and got him on the field and suddenly figured he’d be best at 3-4 olb based off a few practices. They had the guys measurables and tape for months.
          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Walker was drafted to be a DL...IN camp when we lost shane ray and shaq VJ moved him to LB. Not elway. Also, VJ made the stupid comment that he thought Walker looked like a LB coming out of college.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
              Walker was drafted to be a DL...IN camp when we lost shane ray and shaq VJ moved him to LB. Not elway. Also, VJ made the stupid comment that he thought Walker looked like a LB coming out of college.
              You’re bonkers if you don’t think Elway had s hand in him moving to OLB. Him and VJ for sure discussed it before the draft, which might be an additional reason Elway got him
              -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

You’re bonkers if you don’t think Elway had s hand in him moving to OLB. Him and VJ for sure discussed it before the draft, which might be an additional reason Elway got him
                Then why sign Kasim Edabali and give him more PT? Walker at OLB was a panicked contingency decision after losing Ray and Barrett. And I’m sure the logic went something like well he’s quick for an interior pass rusher at 280, if he drops weight he’ll be a quick edge rusher despite the fact that he’s clearly not flexible enough to play the edge.

Comment

Yeah, they didnt. Sorry.
                  Nope.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Then why sign Kasim Edabali and give him more PT? Walker at OLB was a panicked contingency decision after losing Ray and Barrett. And I’m sure the logic went something like well he’s quick for an interior pass rusher at 280, if he drops weight he’ll be a quick edge rusher despite the fact that he’s clearly not flexible enough to play the edge.
                    Kasim has nothing to do with Walker. I’m not saying Shaq and Shane didn’t contribute to Walker being moved. But you better believe it was in John’s scouting report that he could play OLB in a 3-4.

There was no need to “panick” and experiment with Walker when they could’ve gotten someone off the street.

John most likely drafted him with the idea he was a tweener and he simply wasn’t
                    -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

Please provide a source with direct comments from Elway and/or VJ about their discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Please provide a source with direct comments from Elway and/or VJ about their discussion.
                        I don’t need to it should common sensley assumed
                        -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

Common sensley says link or it didn't happen.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Common sense would suggest the coaches make coaching decisions and the GM acquires personnel. This is not Jerry Jones or Al Davis we are talking about here. Elway has never had a hand in player decisions, so why would common sense dictate that Walker would be the one time he has?

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              Common sense would suggest the coaches make coaching decisions and the GM acquires personnel. This is not Jerry Jones or Al Davis we are talking about here. Elway has never had a hand in player decisions, so why would common sense dictate that Walker would be the one time he has?
                              GMs have an idea of how players are going to fit on a roster before they actually make it. If they didn’t then they wouldn’t be doing their job right
                              -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

Your comments about Elway’s involvement were speculation, which would be fine if not spoken as fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X