Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BCMB Div 2/3 2019.......Because awesome lives between 1 &4 and it’s name is Spice1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Congrats on the victory spice

Leave a comment:

• TH3JUICEMAN
    replied
    Congrats Spice! CP when I get on a pc.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by ManhattanBronco View Post
    First off- Congrats on the win Spice - This one hurt...

2nd Point of this post - In other keeper leagues I’ve played in, you had to give up the pick in the next year’s draft of the round you picked the player in. Example:

If you want to keep Christian McCaffrey, you have to give up a first rounder.

If you drafted Josh Jacobs in the 7th round, you’d give up your 7th rounder next year.

That takes care of most of the drama in the first round as people will try to draft and keep future value players later in the draft order.

Does that make sense?
    I am all for looking into stuff like this but we also need to ask the league how much work are we expected to do and how easy/hard does NFL.com make things like this.

I do not know if going to yahoo is an option (it was not an option a few years ago) but yahoo makes customizing a lot easier than NFL.com imo.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Alright, because of the fact that I got the first pick in the draft when I shouldn't have, and because I shoulda got beat (Manhattan barely came up short), there seems to be an obligation for me to play this. Despite the fact that the real Spice is a Raiders fan...and I know you guys don't want to hear Spice Girls:

I did my due diligence and played it out like I normally would have. I would've expected no less from any of you guys. Let's have a great season next year. Bring it on, boys.
    If one goes back and looks at the draft I think there was opportunities by everyone to overcome the draft picking stuff. I got a really good player with the 2nd to last pick in the 2nd round. EM got Cook with the last pick in the 2nd round. Shoot the best player in fantasy this year....Lamar Jackson....was a post draft free agent pick up.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Order of finish:

Spice1 - Spice gurlys :lombardi:

Manhattan Bronco - Chubb Club

TH3JUICEMAN - Von Down By The River

Hadez - Hadez Hellbringers

Dissolve - Strap Harris

diesel51 - OmahaOmaha

Eddiemac - holding my Bolles

Conannilsen - Jewell Denial

#87birdman - Off in a corner

Jvdub95 - Dutch Mafia
    Congratz to Spice! Back to Back Champion correct?

This was a fun year!

Thanks to everyone for playing and contributing to fun fantasy games!

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Alright, because of the fact that I got the first pick in the draft when I shouldn't have, and because I shoulda got beat (Manhattan barely came up short), there seems to be an obligation for me to play this. Despite the fact that the real Spice is a Raiders fan...and I know you guys don't want to hear Spice Girls:

I did my due diligence and played it out like I normally would have. I would've expected no less from any of you guys. Let's have a great season next year. Bring it on, boys.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Order of finish:

Dissolve - Strap Harris

diesel51 - OmahaOmaha

Jvdub95 - Dutch Mafia
    If ya ain't 1st yur last.....LOL

In my case literally 😂 congrats Spice!!

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Order of finish:

Dissolve - Strap Harris

diesel51 - OmahaOmaha

Jvdub95 - Dutch Mafia

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Congrats to Spice Gurleys for winning Div 2/3!

Followed by Chubb club and Vin down by the River!

awesome season all. Good times as always..
    Last edited by EddieMac; 12-24-2019, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied

2nd Point of this post - In other keeper leagues I’ve played in, you had to give up the pick in the next year’s draft of the round you picked the player in. Example:

If you drafted Josh Jacobs in the 7th round, you’d give up your 7th rounder next year.

That takes care of most of the drama in the first round as people will try to draft and keep future value players later in the draft order.

Does that make sense?
    This game isn't over yet, and I deserve to get beat. Nobody should win after fudging their lineup as bad as I did this week.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied

Does that make sense?
    That's not a bad idea but you'd have to go back 2 years to see where the players were drafted. EM has it figured out so I'm fine with the current format.......as long as I'm picking 1st LOL

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Congrats Spice!!

Leave a comment:

• ManhattanBronco
    replied

Does that make sense?

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    The keepers make things odd being the 1st round pick. .

The problem last year was the first place team got the first pick in the 2nd round...that will not happen this year.

The last place team will pick first in the 2nd round. That will happen.

That should be a separate issue from how keepers are done.

I also want to point out the team that picked last in the 2nd round ended up with Delvin Cook. The 3rd best non-qb this year. The next to last pick in the 2nd round was Chubb the 9th best non-QB in the league this year.

Elliot (6th best non-Qb) and Gurley (16th best non-qb) were the only two 1st round keepers to even make it to the top 25 non-qb scorers for our league. The 2nd round picks were probably better then the 1st round keeper picks on average.

I understand your concern. I am certain the commishes will fix the error from the most recent draft.
    That's correct. If it would've gone the way we intended, I would've had Dalvin Cook instead of McCaffrey. Unless, of course, EM would've drafted Cook with the 11th overall pick.

But whether you guys want to make keepers mandatory, optional, or do away with them all together, I'm good. It's hard to make everyone happy, but whatever is best for the league collectively, I'm all for.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    The keepers make things odd being the 1st round pick. .

The problem last year was the first place team got the first pick in the 2nd round...that will not happen this year.

The last place team will pick first in the 2nd round. That will happen.

That should be a separate issue from how keepers are done.

I also want to point out the team that picked last in the 2nd round ended up with Delvin Cook. The 3rd best non-qb this year. The next to last pick in the 2nd round was Chubb the 9th best non-QB in the league this year.

Elliot (6th best non-Qb) and Gurley (16th best non-qb) were the only two 1st round keepers to even make it to the top 25 non-qb scorers for our league. The 2nd round picks were probably better then the 1st round keeper picks on average.

I understand your concern. I am certain the commishes will fix the error from the most recent draft.
    Considering it bit me the most...who was supposed to have the first pick... ya I fixed it! Lol... :thumb:

But I like us discussing this now.. then we can hammer stuff out and keep getting better..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X