Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    His apparent work ethic is very impressive. I’m looking for a solid offseason from the kid. I think it will pay off. He’s already reached out to PFM and is using the resources around him quite effectively. I’m very impressed with how he’s conducting himself.
    Manning and Elway are already guiding his offseason activities. The kid looks extremely eager to put in the work to get better, and looks extremely coachable.

He has all the physical tools, plus the aptitude to go the distance.

There is much to be excited about at this early stage.
    To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
      Manning and Elway are already guiding his offseason activities. The kid looks extremely eager to put in the work to get better, and looks extremely coachable.

He has all the physical tools, plus the aptitude to go the distance.

There is much to be excited about at this early stage.
      For sure. He looks to have all the physical tangibles plus a lot of intangible skills as well. I’m really interested to see what the offense looks like after an offseason of work with Lock and the coaching staff. Next year is looking much more promising than the last few years. Here’s hoping for the best.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hey.....have I told you I really like this kid!

Comment

• I think his comparison in college seems about right on. He is Cutler with a better attitude. Cutler just wanted the money and fame to keep partying. Lock is way more mature then Cutler ever was he. He has a great work ethic. Cutler work ethic was meh at best. He is very coachable and seems to listen to his coaches. He is also listening to Manning and Elway. He has been trying to take the steps to be really good. His talent level is really good with his work ethic and willingness to refine his craft. He will be good in this league.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            I think his comparison in college seems about right on. He is Cutler with a better attitude. Cutler just wanted the money and fame to keep partying. Lock is way more mature then Cutler ever was he. He has a great work ethic. Cutler work ethic was meh at best. He is very coachable and seems to listen to his coaches. He is also listening to Manning and Elway. He has been trying to take the steps to be really good. His talent level is really good with his work ethic and willingness to refine his craft. He will be good in this league.
            I think you are so right.....Lock's ceiling has risen as the year progressed. First there were debates over whether or not he would ever be a starter. But after just 5 games, and given all he has done and said and experienced, I believe his ceiling is now top 10 (within 1-2 seasons), and perhaps top 5 in the future.

Some players know they have tools, but they do not push the envelope. This guy has tools, but he seems genuinely interested in making himself the best QB he can be.
            Last edited by CanDB; 01-01-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Lock looked great at the end of the season. There is room for "hope". Next season will show if Lock can stand up "physically" to the punishment. If this season is indicative of anything, it is that Lock may have a problem with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                Lock looked great at the end of the season. There is room for "hope". Next season will show if Lock can stand up "physically" to the punishment. If this season is indicative of anything, it is that Lock may have a problem with that.
                What evidence do you have of that?
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Lock looked great at the end of the season. There is room for "hope". Next season will show if Lock can stand up "physically" to the punishment. If this season is indicative of anything, it is that Lock may have a problem with that.
                  He had a freak thumb injury which if he was the starter probably would of seen him miss no more than a month of play. Drew Brees had a more significant injury and missed what, 5 games ? At that time he was kept on the shelf as he wasn't the starter, and the team wanted to wait. Despite this being a mistake in my opinion, I think if he is the starter, takes that hit, suffers the same injury, he is back playing in less than a month. Through 5 starts he didn't show any signs of being soft, hurt, or easily rattled, and at Missouri he started for 4 full seasons, straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    What evidence do you have of that?
                    Umm, were you out of the country for the beginning of the season?

Comment

A freak hand injury by no means makes Lock injury prone LOL 😂😂

Just because he started with that injury you think he has a problem with injuries???

Comment

That injury could have happened to anyone. I don’t see how it has anything to do with durability. His history of durability in the SEC is pretty good
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          That injury could have happened to anyone. I don’t see how it has anything to do with durability. His history of durability in the SEC is pretty good
                          No doubt and if anything it should suggest that we need better protection up front so our QB don't have to run for his life risking injury so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            No doubt and if anything it should suggest that we need better protection up front so our QB don't have to run for his life risking injury so much.
                            Sam, that’s an awesome sig graphic.

Comment

• One thing, well two things I noticed about his game.

The TE position as a whole really stepped up when he took over. All a sudden Fant looked like a monster.

And Lock has a freaking cannon for an arm. Dude really has a LOT of zip on his passes.
                              Was very comforting seeing him absolutely gun some passes over the middle on quick slants.

Comment

• Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
                                One thing, well two things I noticed about his game.

The TE position as a whole really stepped up when he took over. All a sudden Fant looked like a monster.

And Lock has a freaking cannon for an arm. Dude really has a LOT of zip on his passes.
                                Was very comforting seeing him absolutely gun some passes over the middle on quick slants.
                                With Lock at quarterback, Fant had that huge game yes, where he made that 48 yard catch where the defender jumped the route and fell down. But in the other 4 games he averaged 18.8 yards per game with 1.5 catches per game. Fant was pretty much a non-factor in 4 of the 5 games with Lock, and when you include the penalties against the Raiders and poor play, he probably hurt more than he helped over those 4 games. Fant was anything but a "monster" with Lock.

Comment

Working...
                                X