No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With A Supporting Cast of a TE named Noah Fant , A True # 1 WR in Cortland Sutton, and a Few Other WR's named Jeudy, K.J. Hamler, Philip Lindsay, Melvin Gordon, OL Glasgow, Yeah I think Drew's Numbers will be Dynamite !! I think we will all see what Drew can do for us and I think Drew can lead us all the way to the Super Bowl weather that will be this year or next. Denver will be in contention the Next 10-15 Years year in year out. All Denver has to get to is the Playoffs and from there Von Miller can Wreck it all the way to another Super Bowl Victory !!

Comment

• Bumping this thread because talking about our young, talented QB sounds a lot more enjoyable than jumping into the #1 thread right now.

I’ve read a few articles recently. I’ll add a link to one below, but it isn’t too hard to search for Drew Lock articles.

There are a few common themes that keep coming up with this kid. Leadership, focus, determination. Look at the things he’s done since he took over the job. Some of them seem simple, but that’s part of the beauty. He’s doing even simple things to become the best QB possible.

Right away, he started a dialog with PFM. He called him and asked for pointers before the Houston game. He’s maintaining a dialog and relationship with PFM. He’s also communicating with Elway. Using resources available is a good sign of leadership and willingness to learn. Shows determination.

He’s been organizing throwing sessions with his receivers. He’s been doing this since the offseason began. He’s establishing cohesion with his teammates. From the sounds of it, he’s doing this on his own, taking initiative.

He’s maintaining an offseason workout program. Keeping in shape. Keeping sharp.

Everything I see from this kid screams leadership and determination. These are the types of intangibles that get me excited about young players. Lock has all the tangibles paired with promising intangibles.

I’m not predicting anything crazy this season. For arguments sake, if I’m looking at this season as if it were a normal season, I’d still be predicting 8-8 to 10-6 if things worked out ideally. Realistically, I would say 60%comp 3800yds 27td 14int would be a fair stat line for him. After all, it is only his 2nd season with a new OC and an extremely young supporting cast.

The point is that he is the type who has excellent developmental potential when you consider his tangible and intangible talents.

I’m not expecting it to “pop” this year, but I’m pretty dang sure it’s going to be a much more entertaining brand of offensive football. Drew and this team will develop and become an offensive force in the next several seasons. I’m looking forward to watching it happen with tempered enthusiasm.

https://tv5.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eason-workouts
      sigpic

Comment

• I have much...MUCH more hope for our young offense than years before. Even with Manning in his last 2 years here I haven't felt like we have an offense for defenses to fear. Now, the hope is there and I actually have expectations in drives ending in TDs instead of just expecting a settled FG opportunity.

With all of our explosive playmakers on offense Lock will have good numbers by default. He can have excellent numbers if he can excel and prove he can actually read a defense and avoid the pass rush. Saying I'm excited is an understatement!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          I have much...MUCH more hope for our young offense than years before. Even with Manning in his last 2 years here I haven't felt like we have an offense for defenses to fear. Now, the hope is there and I actually have expectations in drives ending in TDs instead of just expecting a settled FG opportunity.

With all of our explosive playmakers on offense Lock will have good numbers by default. He can have excellent numbers if he can excel and prove he can actually read a defense and avoid the pass rush. Saying I'm excited is an understatement!!
          Nice! I’m right there with you. I have a lot more hope for this team than I have in years. There are a ton of young, talented prospects. More so than we’re had for a long time. The ceiling is high, my friend.
          sigpic

Comment

• Love the enthusiasm. And I’m right there with you with Lock and bigger picture the team potential.

Lock is doing and saying the right things. Obviously has to prove it in games but so far he has been up to the task and the team and organization has embraced him in a way we have not seen since Manning. If the guys in the building have confidence haw can a fan not.

As for the team overall. The offensive additions and potential is exciting to think about. I’ll make a wild prediction we will not be seeing the excessive number of three and outs and a pitiful 17pts a game this season.

Lock gets the ball to his playmakers (rushing and rec) the 1st downs and scoring will go up. Only helping the defense that looks to be top 10 or better.

Balance will lead to wins. Unless the wheels fall off somehow, I am seeing Lock leading the way to 9-10 wins and a playoff opportunity. Young man just needs to keep working, make good decisions and let the multiple playmakers do their thing.

Can not wait to see this develop once the season starts.

Comment

• I too am looking forward to more scoring and some overall electrified offense. I’m very happy we finally got passed the vet FA QB phase.

Lock’s mobility and overall talent mixed with an infusion of young, exciting talent gives this team more promise than its had in many years. I’m willing to watch some growing pains because I know the product is going to be far more entertaining.
              sigpic

Comment

• Not sure if this is true or not, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless .........especially his philosophy this being a season lost anyways
                Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  Love the enthusiasm. And I’m right there with you with Lock and bigger picture the team potential.

Lock is doing and saying the right things. Obviously has to prove it in games but so far he has been up to the task and the team and organization has embraced him in a way we have not seen since Manning. If the guys in the building have confidence haw can a fan not.

As for the team overall. The offensive additions and potential is exciting to think about. I’ll make a wild prediction we will not be seeing the excessive number of three and outs and a pitiful 17pts a game this season.

Lock gets the ball to his playmakers (rushing and rec) the 1st downs and scoring will go up. Only helping the defense that looks to be top 10 or better.

Balance will lead to wins. Unless the wheels fall off somehow, I am seeing Lock leading the way to 9-10 wins and a playoff opportunity. Young man just needs to keep working, make good decisions and let the multiple playmakers do their thing.

Can not wait to see this develop once the season starts.
                  Lock...pretty much incredible leadership and a strong desire to succeed. What more can we expect than superb results when the season begins.

He's cool with the right attitude!
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

Not sure if this is true or not, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless .........especially his philosophy this being a season lost anyways
                    I think they should come out swinging....and keep swinging!! Lock will make some mistakes I just hope he doesn't get gun shy along the way
                    sigpic

Comment

• Love Brett Kollman’s videos. And honestly, he’s right. I believe the analytics back up the tape as well since Lock ranked near the bottom of the league in yards per pass attempt. One of the things that stood out to me (in contrast to his Mizzou tape) was Lock’s quick decision-making. Consequently, he often opted for quick dump-offs or short completions instead of taking more aggressive, deep shots downfield. While that may be partly because of Scangarello’s system, it’s not too far-fetched to believe that Lock, as a rookie thrown in late in the year, was quite conservative and didn’t want to make mistakes. The irony in all of this is the fact that Lock was a prolific deep-ball passer coming out of college. He has plenty of arm strength and touch as well. With the explosive additions of Jeudy, Hamler, and even Albert O, my hope is that Shurmur’s offense will give Lock the opportunities to sling the ball and be more aggressive. It also helps that Sutton is a fantastic deep threat as well. Last but not least, an improved offensive line should give our young QB more time in the pocket to read the field and set up to throw properly too. It didn’t help that we had backups like Wilkinson, Morris, and Schlottmann all starting at one point during Lock’s five games.
                      Last edited by HDbroncos02; 08-03-2020, 12:56 AM.
                      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• I agreed partially and disagreed partially with that video.

I don’t think Lock is a world beater yet and he has development to go through. There will certainly be ups and downs, but I still maintain my opinion that watching his development along with the rest of this extremely young offense is going to be far more enjoyable than the passed 3 seasons.

I also think there’s a false narrative when it comes to the o-line. Sacks went down when he came in because he’s mobile and he got rid of the ball quickly most of the time. He still spent a ton of time under pressure, which IMO led to a lot of the short passing. I also think that had a lot to do with Scangs system.

Lock is not perfect by any means and he has to develop. I just don’t think the checkdowns and mistakes are all on him. Hopefully pass protection improves this year and contributes to more down field passing. I also don’t think he has a confidence problem.
                        sigpic

Comment

• While I need to see a lot more from Lock before I'm on the bandwagon, it seems grossly unfair that the NFL ranks our QB situation as 31 out of 32.
                          https://www.nfl.com/videos/game-theo...he-qb-position. I do not understand why NFL.com loves Carr's 1 winning season and puts him ten spots higher. They look similar and Lock seems to win at a different clip.

Lock must show that he has staying power and that when he gets figured out he can perform new tricks, but it is interesting to see how he ends up performing compared to the good and the bad we have seen from the young QBs we have had since Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

Not sure if this is true or not, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless .........especially his philosophy this being a season lost anyways
                            Scangarello was out because he wasn't aggressive enough. Shurmur was hired because he likes to throw the ball downfield. I'm not worried.
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                              While I need to see a lot more from Lock before I'm on the bandwagon, it seems grossly unfair that the NFL ranks our QB situation as 31 out of 32.
                              https://www.nfl.com/videos/game-theo...he-qb-position. I do not understand why NFL.com loves Carr's 1 winning season and puts him ten spots higher. They look similar and Lock seems to win at a different clip.

Lock must show that he has staying power and that when he gets figured out he can perform new tricks, but it is interesting to see how he ends up performing compared to the good and the bad we have seen from the young QBs we have had since Cutler.
                              Did Derek Carr start every game last year? Drew Lock started five and produced four of Denver's seven wins. Which team finished second in the AFCW? Go figure.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• This video highlights a couple of nice reads Lock made vs the Lions:

Comment

Working...
                                X