Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Luck hopefully will be the QB of the Broncos there!
    Luck retired.

    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

    Comment


    • I heard Steve Foley on Broncos TV predict that Lock could have a slow start to the season because he's young/first year as the starter, there's lots of new players on offense, and he's learning a new offensive system. All things that are made even more difficult with the shortened offseason program. It all makes sense to me. I'm just really excited to see what he can do. There's excitement about the offense this year, that hasn't really been there since Manning retired.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        I think our schedule does start out somewhat easy. We're home 2 of the first 3 and on the road it's Jets and a tanking Patriots team. I'm not scared of the Titans or Bucs and they are both in our house. Earlier I said we'd start 4-1 and I'm sticking with it.
        Derrick Henry is a pretty serious threat, I know many around here won’t like this Statement but he’s what Terrell Davis once was.

        Dude is an X factor that is going to command a lot of men in the box. Hence why Fangio went out a got some serious hitters these last few weeks.
        Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-06-2020, 09:52 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Derrick Henry is a pretty serious threat, I know many around here won’t like this Statement but he’s what Terrell Davis once was.

          Dude is an X factor that is going to command a lot of men in the box. Hence why Fangio went out a got some serious hitters these last few weeks.
          I agree, he is a stud but my reasoning for why I'm not scared of the Titans is their air attack is below avg (imo) and Denver traditionally starts out well. Little fun fact for the day....Denver is best in league history on opening day. This article is a year old and we did lose last year opening day but still hold the record....

          https://www-denverpost-com.cdn.amppr...end-history%2F

          And for Brady, Denver is the only team he has a losing record against....and that won't change this year!!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            Derrick Henry is a pretty serious threat, I know many around here won’t like this Statement but he’s what Terrell Davis once was.

            Dude is an X factor that is going to command a lot of men in the box. Hence why Fangio went out a got some serious hitters these last few weeks.
            On the other side of the ball it does not get any easier with Clowney signing with the Titans.

            Going to be a tough challenge for the Broncos. Great statement when they win though. Need to let the league know this is a different Bronco team.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              On the other side of the ball it does not get any easier with Clowney signing with the Titans.

              Going to be a tough challenge for the Broncos. Great statement when they win though. Need to let the league know this is a different Bronco team.
              I will say this, is that on the right side there is a huge liability. The interior line is going to have stay strong say Lock can step up constantly to avoid pressure. Clowney going against Wilkinson or Dotson is going to be a nightmare
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                I agree, he is a stud but my reasoning for why I'm not scared of the Titans is their air attack is below avg (imo) and Denver traditionally starts out well. Little fun fact for the day....Denver is best in league history on opening day. This article is a year old and we did lose last year opening day but still hold the record....

                https://www-denverpost-com.cdn.amppr...end-history%2F

                And for Brady, Denver is the only team he has a losing record against....and that won't change this year!!
                Denver's D did a good job of containing Derrick Henry last year. Jurrell Casey said something that makes me think Denver will one gap/spill the Titans' rushing attack.

                The Broncos will have Casey, Chubb, Jewell, Bouye and Callahan/D. Harris instead of Wolfe, Reed, Davis and C. Harris. Seems similar and is probably an upgrade. If Chubb is on a snap count, Attaochu or Reed will be available.

                Tennesse must have a big game from Henry, because if Tannehill attempts over 30 passes, they will most likely lose. That was demonstrated in the playoffs.

                Denver needs a balanced attack if they plan to Boot and use PAP. I doubt if Lock will pass more than half the time from the pocket. We may see Nick Vannett get half the snaps at Y.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  I will say this, is that on the right side there is a huge liability. The interior line is going to have stay strong say Lock can step up constantly to avoid pressure. Clowney going against Wilkinson or Dotson is going to be a nightmare
                  That side also often has a TE. We can have someone there to chip Clowney as he comes in to give Lock time. Plus, with a two headed running attack in both Lindsay and Gordon who can also catch passes out of the backfield, it gives Lock and Shurmur some options to get rid of the ball quickly and help neutralize a fierce pass rush.
                  You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                    Derrick Henry is a pretty serious threat, I know many around here won’t like this Statement but he’s what Terrell Davis once was.

                    Dude is an X factor that is going to command a lot of men in the box. Hence why Fangio went out a got some serious hitters these last few weeks.
                    But on the flip side, his QB is like Brian Griese. Tennessee won last year by limiting what Tannehill had to do, in games where he attempted 30 or more passes they were 1-3 with the win being a 4 point win over Tampa where the Bucs turned the ball over 4 times.

                    Load the box, make them beat you by passing.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      I will say this, is that on the right side there is a huge liability. The interior line is going to have stay strong say Lock can step up constantly to avoid pressure. Clowney going against Wilkinson or Dotson is going to be a nightmare

                      Clowney has had no training camp and now has to clear Covid testing before he can even enter the Tennessee building. I'm not sure he plays Monday, and if he does I think it'll be very limited.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        But on the flip side, his QB is like Brian Griese. Tennessee won last year by limiting what Tannehill had to do, in games where he attempted 30 or more passes they were 1-3 with the win being a 4 point win over Tampa where the Bucs turned the ball over 4 times.

                        Load the box, make them beat you by passing.
                        Oh yeah, classic stop the run game plan but even when teams did that to Denver, TD would ravage them even with Brister at QB.

                        I’m not saying Tannehill will be a threat but I am saying, don’t overlook Henry by stacking the box!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          Oh yeah, classic stop the run game plan but even when teams did that to Denver, TD would ravage them even with Brister at QB.

                          I’m not saying Tannehill will be a threat but I am saying, don’t overlook Henry by stacking the box!
                          I'm just not seeing it with Tennessee. To me they're similar to Jacksonville in 2017, a team that caught lightning in a bottle for one season. But I think they will regress badly this year. I think they're a 6-10 team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            But on the flip side, his QB is like Brian Griese. Tennessee won last year by limiting what Tannehill had to do, in games where he attempted 30 or more passes they were 1-3 with the win being a 4 point win over Tampa where the Bucs turned the ball over 4 times.

                            Load the box, make them beat you by passing.
                            Sounds right to me. Fill the A, B, C gaps and have three pursue playside with two watching backside (one in the cutback lane and one at ball depth). Don't let Henry run North/South. The sideline never fails to make a stop. I don't think Tannehill will beat us with his arm. Stopping Henry is the key. Fangio said his biggest concern with no preseason games was the lack of live tackling. We'll see how it goes.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • I like Lock, but I will wait to crown him "King" for a few seasons. I will need to see a few years of good stats, a winning record and hopefully a few playoff wins.
                              (On another note The CBS app predicted the Broncos would go 5-11 this season.)
                              I am hoping for a 9-7 season.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                I like Lock, but I will wait to crown him "King" for a few seasons. I will need to see a few years of good stats, a winning record and hopefully a few playoff wins.
                                (On another note The CBS app predicted the Broncos would go 5-11 this season.)
                                I am hoping for a 9-7 season.
                                Imo, it really only takes one season (in Drews case) to know if he will become a long term answer here. Next year will be his 3rd year already and 3 years in the league is more than enough to see what you need to. I believe he will have a probowl type season and we make the playoffs. The playoff appearance alone will be the signed sealed and delivered package to the FO letting them know he's there. I think they end up 9-7 as well and just enough to get into the dance!!
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X