No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I’ve seen of Lock, his mobility will keep the sacks down, but he also threw a fair number of passes off his back foot and missed opportunities for big gains, perhaps because of pressure or the anticipation of it. No doubt he will perform better given time, like any QB. If pass protection is as bad as it was last season, Lock risks developing some bad habits and not progressing as we hope, even if he is able to avoid sacks/negative plays using his mobility. Fingers crossed, but I do wish we had a young T with upside waiting in the wings. Maybe we do in Anderson.

Comment

• I read somewhere in an article on milehighreport that Lock is our new Cutler. If that's the case, let's just pack it in and suck for Trevor Lawrence.

Comment

• Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
        I read somewhere in an article on milehighreport that Lock is our new Cutler. If that's the case, let's just pack it in and suck for Trevor Lawrence.
        Lock has been compared to Cutler since last year, but only for his talent, mobility and arm strength. Unlike Cutler, Lock is seen as very coachable, and a good teammate.

Cutler is the best QB the Broncos have ever drafted (hopefully Lock changes that), it just turned out he was a total head case who forced his way out of Denver.

Comment

• I can agree with that. Lock is definitely not a headcase.

Comment

• Lock has the leadership and intangibles that Cutler lacked. I feel Lock is going to be long term solution here moving forward in Denver.
            sigpic

Comment

• Lock finished with lowest sack percentage at the end of the year. It's mostly because he turns his 3 step drop into a 2. He sits up more shallow in the pocket which let's the OL keep blocks longer since they don't have to get back quickly.

Flacco sat way too far back in the pocket for our OL to handle.
              Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                Lock has been compared to Cutler since last year, but only for his talent, mobility and arm strength. Unlike Cutler, Lock is seen as very coachable, and a good teammate.

Cutler is the best QB the Broncos have ever drafted (hopefully Lock changes that), it just turned out he was a total head case who forced his way out of Denver.
                What is old Cutler up to these days I wonder? He flashed hope but his attitude would have always kept us back. Even tho McDaniels was not so great in his tenure here at least he rid us of the headache. I guess in hindsight though I would have liked to see Cutler with the weapons we had at the time.
                :go:

Comment

• I don't really like the comparison of Drew Lock and Jay Cutler. Yes, they were both drafted by the Denver Broncos, but Drew is his own man.
                  I expect good things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    I don't really like the comparison of Drew Lock and Jay Cutler. Yes, they were both drafted by the Denver Broncos, but Drew is his own man.
                    I expect good things.
                    I hear ya. It’s more about the raw talent and draft status than anything else with the comparisons.

I agree with everyone that Lock shows far more promise in leadership, intelligence and attitude. I even like Lock’s throwing motion a bit more.

It’s just fun having a young, promising QB to root for. The old vet QB strategy was getting old, so it’s just refreshing to have some hope for a young QB.
                    sigpic

Comment

• One more day until we see our franchise QB in action for Year 2.

I'm 100% tempering my expectations (coincidentally, the last time I said that on this board was right before the Texans game ). I am excited to see him in a more aggressive, vertically-inclined offense with Pat Shurmur. MNF will be a great opportunity to see what he can do with the new-look supporting cast. Starting up front, Glasgow is a nice upgrade over Leary at RG and our rookie starting center Cushenberry has the smarts and talents to hold his own in this league. With or without Sutton, the offense will depend on the highest drafted WR in franchise history in Jerry Jeudy to make plays, as well as returning vets like Patrick and Hamilton. I wouldn't be surprised to see seventh round rookie Tyrie Cleveland make some kind of impact too. And lastly, and perhaps what might just be the key to the game, will be our dynamic RB duo of Gordon and Lindsay. I expect the passing game to be a bit clunky in our regular season debut, so leaning on the rushing attack will be important. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing #3 manage our offense and lead the team to victory. For the last five years, we've relied on our defense to win us games. I'm hopeful that this season, we start to see signs that we can win because of our offense and our QB play.
                      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                        I hear ya. It’s more about the raw talent and draft status than anything else with the comparisons.

I agree with everyone that Lock shows far more promise in leadership, intelligence and attitude. I even like Lock’s throwing motion a bit more.

It’s just fun having a young, promising QB to root for. The old vet QB strategy was getting old, so it’s just refreshing to have some hope for a young QB.
                        We'll start finding out tomorrow night. Buzz doesn't seem like a head case or a flake. If that's true, he should be able to deal with inevitable adversity. His teammates like him and trust him and that will be a great support system. His head coach is a straight up, no-nonsense truth teller, so there shouldn't be any game-playing in their relationship. His OC and QB coach are experienced and proven in their ability to coach and develop young QBs, and to design and call an offense. The FO did a great job bringing in ten new offensive players to give him help when on the field (thirteen if PS is included) Denver's offense has a lot of youth, so it will be a work in progress which will unfold game-by-game and into future seasons.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          We'll start finding out tomorrow night. Buzz doesn't seem like a head case or a flake. If that's true, he should be able to deal with inevitable adversity. His teammates like him and trust him and that will be a great support system. His head coach is a straight up, no-nonsense truth teller, so there shouldn't be any game-playing in their relationship. His OC and QB coach are experienced and proven in their ability to coach and develop young QBs, and to design and call an offense. The FO did a great job bringing in ten new offensive players to give him help when on the field (thirteen if PS is included) Denver's offense has a lot of youth, so it will be a work in progress which will unfold game-by-game and into future seasons.
                          Well said. I’m looking forward to the ride. As you said, they are very young, so there will be some turbulence. Still, I’m pretty confident they will at least be compelling to watch. I enjoy watching young players develop, so that part will actually be fun for me. We’ve endured some pretty painful offensive football for a few years. I’m not expecting a world beating season, by any means. I’m just excited to have a fresh direction and some hope.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                            I read somewhere in an article on milehighreport that Lock is our new Cutler. If that's the case, let's just pack it in and suck for Trevor Lawrence.
                            Do you believe everything you read? MHR thrives off of drama and mischaracterizations. Give Lock a year to adjust to the offense.
                            I believe.

Comment

• I’m just going to say it. Drew Lock’s deep ball is atrocious. He overthrew every one of them by five yards last night. Any one of them could have turned the tide of the game. He needs to get better in that regard, and soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                                I’m just going to say it. Drew Lock’s deep ball is atrocious. He overthrew every one of them by five yards last night. Any one of them could have turned the tide of the game. He needs to get better in that regard, and soon.
                                Losing Sutton a couple days before the game really hurt. It threw off everything, and it didn't help that the Hamilton overthrow, the WR hesitated on the route. A new system with guys coming in and out showed last night.
                                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                                X