Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I agree. But for some of the weaker spots in his game, I am excited to see him progress. He has such a strong arm, and he looks comfortable. Once he settles in, and Sutton, Jeudy, Fant and the backs get it in gear, this O will score more.

It is still ironic to me that he looks a bit like Jay, and he throws with the same type of velocity and even slight over confidence in his accuracy. BUT he is such a nicer guy!
    Not just "nicer", but more aware and cerebral. The kid has moxie, for sure, but he has an all around good attitude. Talent + Brains = Excellent Potential.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
      Not just "nicer", but more aware and cerebral. The kid has moxie, for sure, but he has an all around good attitude. Talent + Brains = Excellent Potential.
      Yes, all of the above.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
        And he was almost picked off in this game while throwing across his body. He needs to break that habit before his luck runs out!

He seems to be more of the gunslinger ala Plummer/Elway than a methodical Manning, but hopefully he will eventually learn to take what he's given once his awareness improves and he makes better reads. It takes time and some growing pains and errors along the way. We have to be patient with him. He has tremendous upside and poise, and he's fun to watch!
        He was almost picked off because he didn’t step into the throw. He got caught drifting around and didn’t set his feet, it wasn’t really a cross body throw. The Fant TD was a cross body throw but he pointed Fant open and Fant made the correct adjustments to catch it. The Jeudy pass wasn’t a bad read, Jeudy was open, it’s just poor mechanics led to the near INT and of course Hamilton was all alone in the middle of the field.

Hamilton doesn’t seem to have much chemistry with Lock, he slowed up on that deep pass and while it would’ve been a difficult catch regardless because the ball placement was off, he at least has a chance if he doesn’t slow up to look back for the ball. Hamilton might get passed up by Cleveland if he can’t get on the same page with Lock.

Comment

• I agree with the sentiment here about Drew Lock and it feels good. While the loss stings, I feel good about Lock and his future however when will the Broncos have a quality head coach again?

Comment

• I am not sure if this has been brought up, but Lock threw 33 passes and did not get sacked and did not throw a pic. Whether it's him, his Oline, or a combo, including all blockers (which is what I think), that's promising. Conclusive evidence, no. But a good continuation of a positive trend that began with Drew's initial start.

Comment

• And if JJ catches those 2 balls... he’s 24-33 for 250+ yards...

He threw some risky balls, needs to improve overall footwork, and missed badly on all 3 deep bombs, including a potential nail in the coffin TD...

But he looked comfortable in the pocket, poised, flashed talent and showed that there’s a reason we should invest more time bc the kid has a shot to be pretty good.

Comment

• I fell asleep for the second half of the game. I re-watched it yesterday, and that long pass at the end of the game, that was overthrown, it would have been nice to get that.
                I was surprised when we stopped them deep in their Zone with like 4 minutes left and then got the ball back at the 50 that we couldn't get some points out of that? And then gave the ball back to them, and they went all the way down the field scored.
                It seems like this defense can't make a stop when it really needs to.
                The defense does pretty good all game, and then it Chokes at the end, when the game is on the line.
                Last edited by Capt. Jack; 09-17-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  I fell asleep for the second half of the game. I re-watched it yesterday, and that long pass at the end of the game, that was overthrown, it would have been nice to get that.
                  I was surprised when we stopped them deep in their Zone with like 4 minutes left and then got the ball back at the 50 that we couldn't get some points out of that? And then gave the ball back to them, and they went all the way down the field scored.
                  It seems like this defense can't make a stop when it really needs to.
                  The defense does pretty good all game, and then it Chokes at the end, when the game is on the line.
                  That is one area I hate regarding the defense. It’s a bend but don’t break style and more often than not they can hold offenses to field goals but they stay on the field forever. The defense just isn’t athletic enough to force the issue in zone coverage. Everyone has to play their assignment correctly and even then it may not be enough because they may not be fast or agile enough to run them through the zone. Since they’re on the field so long they’ll get gassed and our offense can’t find a rhythm. We had 6 plays on offense in the 3rd quarter. The offense knows they have to make every opportunity count so they don’t play as loose as they should.

I was hoping with Von out and Chubb not at 100% we’d see more blitzes but there were very few and the front 4 couldn’t generate a quick pass rush to force any bad decisions.

There were also some bad defensive calls in general. On Henry’s bigger runs of the night we were in a nickel defense vs more of a power set for the Titans. There was a 3rd and 5 where they came out in trips right and no one lined up over the slot WR who ran 5 yards and got an easy first down. The announcers said Jewell was over him and it was a mismatch but he wasn’t even over him. That’s one of those plays where you know the QB sees it presnap and wants to go there, a faster LB can undercut that pass for an INT but you can’t ask Jewell or Johnson to make that play. It was the only time I hoped to see that edge rusher drop back into that passing lane.
                  Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-17-2020, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    He was almost picked off because he didn’t step into the throw. He got caught drifting around and didn’t set his feet, it wasn’t really a cross body throw. The Fant TD was a cross body throw but he pointed Fant open and Fant made the correct adjustments to catch it. The Jeudy pass wasn’t a bad read, Jeudy was open, it’s just poor mechanics led to the near INT and of course Hamilton was all alone in the middle of the field.

Hamilton doesn’t seem to have much chemistry with Lock, he slowed up on that deep pass and while it would’ve been a difficult catch regardless because the ball placement was off, he at least has a chance if he doesn’t slow up to look back for the ball. Hamilton might get passed up by Cleveland if he can’t get on the same page with Lock.
                    Some of us were probably hypnotized by the announcer who said that he did throw across his body!
                    @7:35

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                      I like the gunslinger aspect to his game. Like you said, though, he has some developing to do when it comes to awareness. Still, he's way more fun to watch than any QB we've endured for the last 5 years.
                      I do too! No guts no glory! He's definitely got the guts and the arm. When the other skills are honed, it's the recipe for a championship QB!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I agree. But for some of the weaker spots in his game, I am excited to see him progress. He has such a strong arm, and he looks comfortable. Once he settles in, and Sutton, Jeudy, Fant and the backs get it in gear, this O will score more.

It is still ironic to me that he looks a bit like Jay, and he throws with the same type of velocity and even slight over confidence in his accuracy. BUT he is such a nicer guy!
                      Being more a team guy than a solo act is an important leadership intangible.

Yeah once he settles in more, awareness increases in the context of NFL speed, he can scan the field and be versatile with the play call, he will lead this team into the playoffs and do some damage there!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Hopefully lock doesn't get killed. Like seriously elway no ot upgrades this off season. Any qb would have a hard time with our oline
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                          Hopefully lock doesn't get killed. Like seriously elway no ot upgrades this off season. Any qb would have a hard time with our oline
                          Man, was that prophetic, since they DIDN'T make any significant upgrades on the O-line and they DID kill him, right off the bat. It's very unfortunate that the organization is in the state of management that it is, because in years past this coaching staff would have ALREADY been gone, and as much as Broncos country loves Elway, he'd be gone as well. Nothing but poor decision after poor decision. And there are a lot of poor decisions that continue to revolve around the poor decision to not end the Garret Bolles experiment. We can look forward to Driskoll getting smashed as well, because, everybody else has to try and make up for Bolles not being able to do his job, and they can't. Hard enough to do your own job, much less yours AND another guy's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkbreeze View Post
                            Man, was that prophetic, since they DIDN'T make any significant upgrades on the O-line and they DID kill him, right off the bat. It's very unfortunate that the organization is in the state of management that it is, because in years past this coaching staff would have ALREADY been gone, and as much as Broncos country loves Elway, he'd be gone as well. Nothing but poor decision after poor decision. And there are a lot of poor decisions that continue to revolve around the poor decision to not end the Garret Bolles experiment. We can look forward to Driskoll getting smashed as well, because, everybody else has to try and make up for Bolles not being able to do his job, and they can't. Hard enough to do your own job, much less yours AND another guy's.
                            then they have to try to keep wilkinson at OT when he is best suited to be interior player in the in the nfl. our OT spot is a huge mess.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                              Hopefully lock doesn't get killed. Like seriously elway no ot upgrades this off season. Any qb would have a hard time with our oline
                              That Right Tackle whatever his name is ............screwed the Broncos and Elway. All that money invested there you almost have to sort of 'rely' on the guy. That might be as bad a move as drafting Paxton Lynch when it's all said n done

If that Right Tackle could have sacked up and played this season, maybe it could have been just enough to win week 1. maybe just enough to not get QB injured week 2......... but who knows

And here we are not learning if Drew Lock is the guy or not. ............. again
                              Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Drew Lock isn’t the answer. Hoping we can tank for Justin Fields
                                -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Working...
                                X