Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    This is insanity.
    Absolute insanity. He wasn't a good QB when we were trying to trade for him a few years back. Now almost 4 years out the league.....even less of a good QB. It will get us in the headlines and that's about it. But we're playing bad football and the last thing u want his to be in the news for ""bold moves".

Nope.....pass
    #swapping

Comment

• Damn you guys over react to everything. No pre-season, limited off season with new players and coaches with a QB with less than 8 games under his belt and 5 of those were from last year

You guys act like TEN and PIT are bad teams

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotst View Post
        Damn you guys over react to everything. No pre-season, limited off season with new players and coaches with a QB with less than 8 games under his belt and 5 of those were from last year

You guys act like TEN and PIT are bad teams
        Yeah we get it but at some point you have to start winning and stop making excuses
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          Yeah we get it but at some point you have to start winning and stop making excuses
          Cool. Sutton was hurt, Von is hurt, Lindsay got hurt. Jeudy had those two drops last game. Combined with fangios bad decision to not call a timeout.

Our team played well despite everything. People are too hard on this offense, the youngest O in the league

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            We ended last year 4-1. That's not winning? Talent is here. Young players will take time to gel. Especially after an offseason like the league just had. You can't switch offenses without a few hiccups, especially when you have such young players that had no preseason.

Anyone expecting us to go 16-0 this year will be sorely disappointed. If you can be more reasonable, you'll realize that we have a 2nd year QB, a 3rd year RB, a 3rd year WR, a 1st year WR and a 2nd year TE all in a brand new offense. There are going to be growing pains, but as long as the front office isn't as impatient as the fan base, the future is bright.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              As I recall, isn't it the RT....Okung that got Trev's shoulder wrecked? Based on that alone, how can RT be so completely ignored. And I get that he "tried" with James, but even that signing was bad. The word was out on him throughout all the league circles.
              Sorry i wasn’t following much free agency in 2019 , so why didn’t elway go after trent brown instead , who von miller apparently called ‘ the best right tackle in the nfl ‘ ?

Comment

• Elway won’t go RT bc J-James will be back. DEN mad him highest paid RT in sport as a free agent...

There’s no way you get a top pick and you ignore QB. Lock is nice but we took Fant and Risner ahead of him, we avoided him like the plague last year and now he’s missed significant time his first 2 years... His stats, when playing, are no better than TS...

Look, I’m cool giving Lock even all of next season. But if we pass on TL and these other students QB next draft and go 2-14 anyway and Lock stinks it up... Man, we would’ve missed a golden opportunity...

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                  From the time he actually received the snap you can't even say one mississippi before the pressure's there. Yeah he could have shoveled it to...?
                  Sandy Clough and most analysts saw it the way I saw it, that Lock got himself hurt... He had enough time to get ball out, but Drew decided to scramble and extend play. Splat! He learned quickly this isn’t the backyard or even SEC.

Lock put the team in an awful spot and now season is lost. So, Drew... was it worth it?

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                    Sandy Clough and most analysts saw it the way I saw it, that Lock got himself hurt... He had enough time to get ball out, but Drew decided to scramble and extend play. Splat! He learned quickly this isn’t the backyard or even SEC.

Lock put the team in an awful spot and now season is lost. So, Drew... was it worth it?
                    I posted the link to the video and have watched it many times. I don't see him having time to really do anything. It really is no more than one second.

And I think that the expectations that you and others have placed on him (and on Driskell in the gameday thread) are totally unrealistic. He's had how many games? He's practically a rookie yet he's supposed to have super awareness and make the perfect decision in one nanosecond. Really.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Steelers seven sacks of #Broncos QBs (when QB was in trouble or was sacked):

4.03 seconds

According to DEN beat writer Ryan O'Halloran, Lock had over 4 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        Steelers seven sacks of #Broncos QBs (when QB was in trouble or was sacked):

4.03 seconds

According to DEN beat writer Ryan O'Halloran, Lock had over 4 seconds.
                        No he didn't, not on that play. Run that clip and count to four from he point that Lock actually received the ball: one one thousand, two one thousand, etc.

Last edited by L.M.; 09-20-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                          No he didn't, not on that play. Run that clip and count to four from he point that Lock actually received the ball: one one thousand, two one thousand, etc.

You are correct. It may have been 4 seconds before he was sacked but got pressured almost instantly.

Comment

• Pit just manhandled NYG on MNF, and they have 2 of the best edge guys in NFL. I have to imagine HC and OC mentioned getting ball out to him.

DL received snap and had 2 seconds to make a decision... instead of throwing ball away he gambled he could make a play... welcome to the NFL.

After Week 1, Imagine coaches preached ball
                            Security (MG fumble)... I imagine play call
                            Was designed to go to hot read and get ball out. Lock isn’t a rookie... he’s in his second year... that was a mental gaffe of epic proportions... he is a professional now and should know that he doesn’t have 5 seconds to make a decision in the NFL.

Again, from ball snap to tackle... over 4 seconds...

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                              You are correct. It may have been 4 seconds before he was sacked but got pressured almost instantly.
                              Pressure arrived after 2 seconds, and that’s when DL rolled into the sack/fumble. I know he’s a gunslinger and trying to make a play... but that’s the knock on him and used as a reason why he won’t make it.

We saw that today... he hasn’t learned what not to do. Throw ball away and live to fight another day.

It’s not an indictment on the young kid... 0-2 not on him... but he did miss the throw last week, and he did turn a busted play into a game changing momentum swing bc he wasn’t prepared...if Dupree and Watt wasn’t on his mind, then we have big problems bc he lacks situational intelligence.
                              Last edited by fraguela09; 09-20-2020, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                Watt blasted through Wilkinson and got to him to trip him up in just one second, that's a fact. Dupree hit him immediately after that. But after Watt contacted him there was literally nothing he could do.

From another angle:

Comment

Working...
                                X