Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTM View Post
    Shame Lock is going to miss time. Driskel made some plays but I think we're back to this position where the defense is going to need to carry us, and with Miller out it just seems like a very tall order.

I really want to stay optimistic about the season. Chiefs didn't look so invincible today. But we've dug ourselves big holes the past 3 years at the start in the W-L column and it looks like we're on pace to do it again this season. Again, one game at a time and I hope we can turn things around but I really think we need to do it quick or we'll waste another opportunity to contend.

Team should go out and beat TB at home then go beat NYJ and have 10 days to prepare for NE. Show us something !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      Sure, blame deserves to be on Fangio and Schurmur for not drilling it into the kid’s head: under no circumstance do you take chances like that, against their defense. You play right into their strength.

DEN can’t afford to leave points on the field and we need to start realizing 3 points is OK. Too often we take these risks and knock us out of FG position.

Our OL sucks. It has for 4+ years... it wasn’t even that great when we went on out 2015 run... feels like RT an issue since Orlando Franklin was moved to OG.

Not faulting DL, but the knock on Lock
      Is he is a gambler and will turn the ball
      Over. His deep ball is atrocious, from
      What we’ve seen... and now he won’t get much needed experience bc he will be on the sideline from 6-12 games.

It is what it is. Fault or no fault, here we are. And, like I said, most analysts talking about that play fault Lock... they admit EW stinks and there was pressure... but, I think if he slowed that play down in his head, he would’ve been able to either buy another time to hit wide open crossing WR or, the safe play, throw ball away.

I mean, if there was that much pressure then why aren’t 2 hands protecting that ball?
      I think you’re reading way too much into this play. I think people tend to forget that this kid hasn’t even played a full season yet. He’s first offseason as the starter was not normal as all with covid and had no real warmup to this season with scrimmages and preseason gone. I don’t blame Lock one bit in this scenario.

Comment

• Season is over for me if Lock is out for significant time. Not interested in watching Jeff Driskel
        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• Ultimately, on who deserves blame for that particular play (sack/fumble)... it boils down to the play call. What did PS call? What was DL supposed to do?

If the play called for a quick strike (slant, out, In, curl, or whatever) then bad on DL. If it was anything else, then bad on Pat. I’m operating under the auspices that PS isn’t a total moron... Perchance, I assume too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
            Drew Lock isn’t the answer. Hoping we can tank for Justin Fields
            You said this out loud???? You are about to get it. Don't you know lock is the answer. Be ready lol.
            In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Unfortunately, that play might’ve doomed his DEN career. If he missed 8 games and we end up with a top 5 pick... Not good for Drew.
              If we end up with a top 5 pick we'd better get an OT with it. It would be ridiculously stupid to grab a QB at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                I dont second the tanking but I second saying Drew Lock is not the answer. Guy can't stay healthy and if we always have to worry about him being injured well we really don't have a franchise Qb.
                Wow, you too lol.....you said bc of his health....don't you know until we have five 1st rd draft picks that are pro bowlers no qb is safe behind out line according to some on this board???.

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  No one could stay healthy behind that RT..... RT is proving far more important in pass pro that LT the past few years.
                  to let me get this straight all 32 teams have a great RT????

Comment

Ultimately, on who deserves blame for that particular play (sack/fumble)... it boils down to the play call. What did PS call? What was DL supposed to do?

If the play called for a quick strike (slant, out, In, curl, or whatever) then bad on DL. If it was anything else, then bad on Pat. I’m operating under the auspices that PS isn’t a total moron... Perchance, I assume too much.
                    But you're also missing half the equation. It's fine to know what the play call was from the Broncos (which we don't) but you also need to know what the Steelers were doing on defense. If the corners are playing press and in a hard inside leverage, it's hard to get the slant, and it's hard to get those quick short passes.

It can be the best play call ever, but if the defense makes an equally good call, or their guys just beat your guys, it doesn't really matter. Sometimes it's about the Johnnys and Joes and not the X's and O's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      Oh, I'm sorry I should have said, (JMO)
                      Which we are All entitled to.

You can feel how you want to feel. Don't let no one and even me change that. I agree too he should have gotten rid of the ball period. Idc how good your oline is your qb is gonna get sacked, hurry, pressured it happens no excuses.

Comment

• This is the nfl. Qbs will be sacked...turn overs will happen. People are talking about out line being so bad "excuses"...like the steelers don't make almost every line look like this...start given credit to the team the "LEAD" the nfl in sacks and stop making excuses. If lock has a good game its bc he is mobile and got rid of the ball quickly...if he has a bad game is bc of the line....or elway needs to invest in the line. When he has spent a 1st rd, 2nd, 4th rd and made a player the highest paid RT in the nfl....yea he has completely ignored the line.....no moral victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                          to let me get this straight all 32 teams have a great RT????
                          All the bad teams are suffering the exact same issues. Inconsistent and sloppy OL play, poor offensive play calling, injuries, and poor QB ball security.

So obviously all 32 teams do not have a great RT. But when your RT isn’t even giving the QB a chance, it put the entire offense in the dumpster. He was just flat out terrible today. And it’s not going to get any better, as we have the best passing rusher in the league on deck next week. He played extremely bad yesterday. If you could say he was on ice skates, that would be an improvement. He gave up almost no resistance when they cranked it up.

And it’s actually really sad because the Bolles is actually playing really good football these past two games. That left side appears to be finally anchored.
                          #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                            All the bad teams are suffering the exact same issues. Inconsistent and sloppy OL play, poor offensive play calling, injuries, and poor QB ball security.

So obviously all 32 teams do not have a great RT. But when your RT isn’t even giving the QB a chance, it put the entire offense in the dumpster. He was just flat out terrible today. And it’s not going to get any better, as we have the best passing rusher in the league on deck next week. He played extremely bad yesterday. If you could say he was on ice skates, that would be an improvement. He gave up almost no resistance when they cranked it up.

And it’s actually really sad because the Bolles is actually playing really good football these past two games. That left side appears to be finally anchored.
                            See you just proved my point. Lock had 33 pass attempts vs titans and the line gave up 0 sacks... people on her was giving the line credit. Now he gets sacked now is how bad the line plays. I said it once ill say it again no such thing as the perfect line..ever the best oline in the nfl will have a missed block, a OT get beat....qb take a big hit.... about 27 teams in the league avg giving up at least 2 sacks a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                              See you just proved my point. Lock had 33 pass attempts vs titans and the line gave up 0 sacks... people on her was giving the line credit. Now he gets sacked now is how bad the line plays. I said it once ill say it again no such thing as the perfect line..ever the best oline in the nfl will have a missed block, a OT get beat....qb take a big hit.... about 27 teams in the league avg giving up at least 2 sacks a game.
                              Anything over 5 sacks in a game is bad. 7 sacks is garbage.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                                It's time Elway brings in Kaepernick. The move will help rebuild this team quicker. Think past this this season because the broncos aren't winning anything in the 2020-2021 season
                                I know that there is an SJW agenda there but why?

Colin Kaepernick was offered a contract with the Broncos that he refused!
                                Colin Kaepernick has not won back to back games in 6 years!
                                Colin Kaepernick cannot hold a candle to 2010 Kyle Orton

Lets just compare to 2010 Kyle Orton:

Kyle went 3-10 vs Kaepernick 1-10, so Kyle was three times better in what counts, and if we add CKs 2015 season in as well CK took 19 starts to win 3 and Kyle took 13 (while being supported by the 31st ranked defense

Kyle in 2010 passed for almost 100 yards more per game than CK did irrespective of whether you compare to 2015+2016 or only 2016 where CK har a lower interception number.

Pro-Football-Reference has Kyle at an "average value" of 11 in 2010, and CK at an AV of 4 in 2015 and 9 in 2016.

Unless you massively cherry pick stats Colin Kaepernick cannot hold a candle to the QB that produced the worst season in Broncos history, so it is absolutely ridiculous to pine for Kaepernick as ex. Shannon Sharpe does.

BLAINE GABBERT won at twice the pace of CK while on the same team in the same seasons. There is no good FOOTBALL argument for signing Kaepernick!

Comment

Working...
                                X