Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    To be honest, as a Broncos fan. I still wouldn’t take Lamar. He landed on the perfect team for him. Which I agree, you were right about Baker but again him, Darnold, Rosen( straight trash) and Allen( starting this year off amazingly) was they went to a teams that were bad. Hence why they were top ten picks. Getting selected by the Ravens, who were not a bad team, was perfect for his career. They have a coaching staff that works extremely well with him and knows what he needs to succeed. Denver would have got him murdered and we def don’t have the coaches for a type of player like him. The one thing he has def proved me wrong so far is his durability. Not that he had an issue in college but was my biggest fear with him, still is to an extent, is him getting hurt running the ball, because of the amount he scrambles. But kudos to him for proving us wrong and good call on the pick a couple years ago.
    Have you watched Jackson play. He would have been successful about any where he went. He is a special talent.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      Have you watched Jackson play. He would have been successful about any where he went. He is a special talent.
      Lamars star will fade faster sooner rather than later.. without his legs he is very below average.. and those legs are one good hit it seems this season from being taken away.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        Lamars star will fade faster sooner rather than later.. without his legs he is very below average.. and those legs are one good hit it seems this season from being taken away.
        While I agree that he’s one injury away (as most players are) from losing his main threat, he is closer to Vick’s style than Cam’s. He uses his speed and quickness to evade, not to power through. If he’s smart about taking care of himself I think he’ll be successful for years to come. You can already see a difference this year that he’s stepping out of bounds earlier on plays. Will be fun to see how far he can grow.

At this point the Broncos are at a cross roads - with this many injuries, if we truly do bottom out you couldn’t blame the front office for taking a shot at Trevor Lawrence. I agree with a couple other posters - our best case would be for Lock to show he can be great and we’d use a couple of higher picks on OL to build around.
        sigpic
        ******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James :thumb: ********
        ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          I wanted Darnold... Shows you what I know....
          Honestly I stated I didn't like him or rosen either....wasn't impressed by them.....
          In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

if a team was committed to make their offense to be like ravens are doing now he could be...yes anywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              smh ..... sometimes I wonder do people actually watch full games and not just espn highlights....just like people was saying he's gonna he hurt. He just led the league in td passes and top 10 in rushing....ill take that anytime.

Comment

To be honest, I still wouldn’t take Lamar..
                Is this Elway? Get off the discussion boards John, you don't belong here. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                  if a team was committed to make their offense to be like ravens are doing now he could be...yes anywhere
                  I still think he is the type of qb that can transcend systems. Time will tell.

Also his throwing has been improving greatly each season
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkbreeze View Post
                    Is this Elway? Get off the discussion boards John, you don't belong here. LOL.
                    I truly believe we would have gotten him killed. Nothing against him or his abilities. I don’t have faith in our coaches and obviously our oline. I’m glad he went to Baltimore. Seems like it was the perfect team for him.

Comment

Of course I’ve watched him play. In his first season and half they tailored to his running. They did a great job easing him into throwing. Designed plays based on that and even came up with some creative play calls. After watching our coaches over the last few years, I have zero confidence that our coaching staff would have done nearly as well. Plus, with our oline that would have been a disaster. I’m not saying he isn’t talented. That goes without saying but I don’t think he would have succeeded with us or nearly be as good as he is now or his mvp year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                        smh ..... sometimes I wonder do people actually watch full games and not just espn highlights....just like people was saying he's gonna he hurt. He just led the league in td passes and top 10 in rushing....ill take that anytime.
                        I get the appeal of Jackson. He is probably the best QB Balt has had since they moved back to Balt. I would take a Warren Moon type QB over a running QB all day.

QBs who run tend to not work that hard on developing their passing skills...which takes an immense amount of work to perfect that art. They can get stats against teams in the regular season but come playoff time.;..when they need to beat 3-4 good teams to win a Super Bowl...well we still waiting for the first running QB to make that happen.

It could happen. From what I have herd out of Balt and how they have gone all in with Lamar...maybe they will make it happen. The NFL is still waiting for it to happen though.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Of course I’ve watched him play. In his first season and half they tailored to his running. They did a great job easing him into throwing. Designed plays based on that and even came up with some creative play calls. After watching our coaches over the last few years, I have zero confidence that our coaching staff would have done nearly as well. Plus, with our oline that would have been a disaster. I’m not saying he isn’t talented. That goes without saying but I don’t think he would have succeeded with us or nearly be as good as he is now or his mvp year.
                          I really liked the way Balt as a franchise has gone all in to making a team around Lamar. If they can win a Super Bowl...then we will probably see the NFL evolve to a point where the running QB is a legit option.

Have theories how it can work...sure Balt has theories and that is why they going down the path. Putting theory into reality in a world as difficult to succeed as the NFL is quite another thing.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• If we were playing Madden re draft an entire team mode I would pick Lamar over Lock.

In the real world with the players and coaches we have today I would take Lock over Lamar. The reason why Lamar is working is because Balt has gone all in and rebuilt their team around his skill sets. They made a lot of good choices. It is not just Lamar and his skillset...it has also been Balt's ability to build a team around him....like any other successful QB in NFL history.

It is why Lamar would not fit into the Broncos atm

It is why Balt has RG3 as a back up and why Denver has Driskel as a backup. Good teams will build a team around their QB skillset and have a back up so if the starter gets hurt there is an easy adjustment as possible to the back up.

Comment

• Seems like every year we are saying the samething about our QB's over and over "Its still early, give him time".

I for one, don't have a real good feeling about Lock being our starter. What has he done to make you think he will be great? He may have made a couple plays but this league is all about being consistent. I dont see it happening (hopefully i'm dead wrong), but ive been a fan of this team since 81' and since Elway/Manning eras this team has had nothing but bad luck trieing to draft the perfect QB, and here we go again, same old, same old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                                I really liked the way Balt as a franchise has gone all in to making a team around Lamar. If they can win a Super Bowl...then we will probably see the NFL evolve to a point where the running QB is a legit option.

Have theories how it can work...sure Balt has theories and that is why they going down the path. Putting theory into reality in a world as difficult to succeed as the NFL is quite another thing.
                                I think he’s had some bad luck in the playoffs. This is only he’s third year and he’s way ahead of where I thought he’d be. Winning a SB is not just on him. I do think LJ will get his first playoff win this year. The problem with the playoffs though is he have to go through Mahomes and I hate to admit it but I don’t know how you beat him. He’s game has evolved so much and so quickly and the scary part is I think he’s getting better. Denver should be constantly searching for a QB like him. Easier said than done, I know. I think TL could be that guy but odds are we won’t land him. Though I think it would be great for the nfl to have TL and Mahomes in the same division. Could be another all-time great matchup.

Comment

Working...
                                X