Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I believe in destiny. Things happen for a reason. The universe and football goods are making sure we land our franchise qb in the 2021 draft.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ftblman View Post
      Seems like every year we are saying the samething about our QB's over and over "Its still early, give him time".

      I for one, don't have a real good feeling about Lock being our starter. What has he done to make you think he will be great? He may have made a couple plays but this league is all about being consistent. I dont see it happening (hopefully i'm dead wrong), but ive been a fan of this team since 81' and since Elway/Manning eras this team has had nothing but bad luck trieing to draft the perfect QB, and here we go again, same old, same old.
      Lock has had a more 'rough' start to his career - than say Cutler, who literally is the last QB drafted as "franchise" material (sorry Tebow).

      Lock needs to stay healthy - step 1. He's already behind Cutler in that department. In contrast, he's got a much better 'attitude' and will to learn which could help him succeed.... But right now, he needs to try and stay healthy to even practice and play an entire season...

      Comment


      • When’s the last time Denver drafted their franchise QB and been successful for many years?

        .....
        Follow me on Twitter
        @gmoney8150 Personal account

        My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

        ^^^Follow^^^

        Comment


        • Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
          When’s the last time Denver drafted their franchise QB and been successful for many years?

          .....
          '83 to '98

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ftblman View Post
            '83 to '98
            We didn't draft him!
            Our ultimate success has always come from QBs that the Colts drafted #1 overall. Maybe we can lure Andrew Luck out of retirement :lombardi:
            The only QB we have ever drafted that has won for us in the playoffs, went on to play baseball

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
              When’s the last time Denver drafted their franchise QB and been successful for many years?

              .....
              Just because they haven’t really in recent memory doesn’t mean they shouldn’t try still.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                We didn't draft him!
                Our ultimate success has always come from QBs that the Colts drafted #1 overall. Maybe we can lure Andrew Luck out of retirement :lombardi:
                The only QB we have ever drafted that has won for us in the playoffs, went on to play baseball
                I don’t think we would have the rights to him, correct? Wouldn’t Colts still have? I’m prob wrong.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
                  When’s the last time Denver drafted their franchise QB and been successful for many years?

                  .....
                  What’s your point? Chiefs had never drafted a “franchise QB”, then Mahomes......

                  Ravens had never drafted a “franchise QB”, then Lamar Jackson....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                    Lock has had a more 'rough' start to his career - than say Cutler, who literally is the last QB drafted as "franchise" material (sorry Tebow).

                    Lock needs to stay healthy - step 1. He's already behind Cutler in that department. In contrast, he's got a much better 'attitude' and will to learn which could help him succeed.... But right now, he needs to try and stay healthy to even practice and play an entire season...
                    Sorry Peerless - but Broncos 100% drafted Tebow as a franchise QB and as negative as many are here, he did deliver more than Elway did, Griese did, Cutler did, Siemian did, Lynch did, Lock has done in the similar stretch of games. Because of the way his career ended due to Peyton coming here, we will never know if he could have fixed his most glaring flaws if he had been given the time that people insist that Lock should be given.

                    We don't know what would have happened. Russel Wilson had tryouts and one logic could have been that both Colin Kaepernick and Russel Wilson could have been good signings that year had we retained Tebow, and we don't know how things would have worked out.

                    Comparing to Cutler is pretty irrelevant - we are not seeking a QB that never wins more than 2 games in a row and is the reason that we loose 5-6 games a year.

                    If Lock has to have a future here then he needs to be a QB that we trust could get us to the playoffs and win against the elite teams. We are not looking for Andy Dalton II.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      Of course I’ve watched him play. In his first season and half they tailored to his running. They did a great job easing him into throwing. Designed plays based on that and even came up with some creative play calls. After watching our coaches over the last few years, I have zero confidence that our coaching staff would have done nearly as well. Plus, with our oline that would have been a disaster. I’m not saying he isn’t talented. That goes without saying but I don’t think he would have succeeded with us or nearly be as good as he is now or his mvp year.
                      Eh, who knows..... Chiefs fans were saying the same thing about Andy Reid, that he was going to ruin Mahomes, even into the playoffs last year.

                      Jackson probably would’ve succeeded here, problem is Elway would’ve never drafted him.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                        Sorry Peerless - but Broncos 100% drafted Tebow as a franchise QB and as negative as many are here, he did deliver more than Elway did, Griese did, Cutler did, Siemian did, Lynch did, Lock has done in the similar stretch of games. Because of the way his career ended due to Peyton coming here, we will never know if he could have fixed his most glaring flaws if he had been given the time that people insist that Lock should be given.
                        Josh McDaniel's drafted Tebow as a 'franchise' QB (which was a horribly executed draft process overall) - but we all know that it was never going to happen. C'mon, he couldn't throw!! He literally had a completion rate of around 47%. Yes we won, but he was awful playing quarterback. Awful. Tebow magic was sweet, but it was never going to last.

                        I also disagree with the whole "we never will know what would have happen since he never got a chance." Last I looked, Tebow was given the keys and had his audition here (which did result in a playoff win), but also had other chances in New England and New York. We didn't want to retain him because we thought there were better players at the QB position. The other teams also felt the same, and now we all know the rest of the story, he was out of the league in no time.


                        Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                        Comparing to Cutler is pretty irrelevant - we are not seeking a QB that never wins more than 2 games in a row and is the reason that we loose 5-6 games a year.

                        If Lock has to have a future here then he needs to be a QB that we trust could get us to the playoffs and win against the elite teams. We are not looking for Andy Dalton II.
                        How is it that comparing Lock to Cutler is irrelevant, but bringing up Cutler's record after having played a few seasons under his belt IS relevant? You can't just cherry pick Cutler's record or lack of winning in the NFL as an argument to "we didn't draft Lock or see him as a loser quarterback who'll end up being mediocre."

                        Guess what, Lock has yet to stay healthy in an NFL season, and has played in less than half of a full seasons worth of games. And yes, I am in on Lock - this is no way of me proving my stance AGAINST him as our quarterback - but the truth and facts are there. I think the comparison is totally respectful:


                        Both players came out of playing a the brutal SEC. Both players have similar athletic abilities. Both players have that 'gunslinger' mentality. Both players had question about basic quarterback mechanics during the scouting/drafting process. Both players were drafted as the idea to 'build' around for the future of this franchise.
                        Last edited by Peerless; 09-22-2020, 06:30 AM.

                        Comment


                        • This is just an extension of Lock’s rookie year. He’ll be fine once he gets past these freak injuries. I think a lot of the negativity around him right now is based off him going 1 for 5 before getting hurt. The Steelers defense throws a lot of looks at you so I expected him to struggle early. He’s young and hasn’t really been asked to do too much other than run what’s being called. Firing the coaching staff isn’t the answer though, he needs time to develop in a system and not learn a new offense every offseason. This time off will allow him to really get deep in the playbook and that’ll be good, hopefully it’s enough to overcome the lack of chemistry. He’s young but he’s attempting to do what you want your franchise QB to do. He isn’t someone you have to worry about not putting the work in.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                            Yes, but why target yet another QB when the problem is the oline? You can put Mahomes, Wilson, Brady or any other QB on this team and they will get destroyed without an effective line. Drafting Lawrence in the hope that he alone turns things around is just insanity.

                            I dont like this line of thinking. Before the backup qb came in the line had given up 2 sacks in 7 games. Lowest in the NFL.....now suddenly the line is so so bad and any qb will get killed. Lazy rhetoric.


                            Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            Right now, passing on Josh Allen for Chubb looking bad. So, right now Drew isn’t close to being what Josh Allen is... Elway? Drew has missed significant time in each of his first 2 seasons... not many QBs can boast overcoming this much...

                            Hope Drew can get healthy and develop and become a franchise QB... but, right now, odds of that becoming a reality is at 25%? I entered the season 50:50, but this injury is a major setback, and that follows a lost soph offseason... so, basically, Lock lost a year of development.
                            No its not.
                            Allen has played 3 years. Lock has played 6.1 games. There is a reason why one is further ahead than the other. Also has nothing to do with elway.

                            Also, lock did not basically lose a year of development. They expect him back before the bye. Lock lost 2 to 3 weeks of development.


                            ------------

                            I hope the Blake bortles rumors aren't true. Id rather dalton or anyone over him.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                              I dont like this line of thinking. Before the backup qb came in the line had given up 2 sacks in 7 games. Lowest in the NFL.....now suddenly the line is so so bad and any qb will get killed. Lazy rhetoric.




                              No its not.
                              Allen has played 3 years. Lock has played 6.1 games. There is a reason why one is further ahead than the other. Also has nothing to do with elway.

                              Also, lock did not basically lose a year of development. They expect him back before the bye. Lock lost 2 to 3 weeks of development.


                              ------------

                              I hope the Blake bortles rumors aren't true. Id rather dalton or anyone over him.
                              Well we’d have to trade for Dalton who like Bortles has the pocket awareness of a potato. At least there’s still a slim chance Bortles can salvage his career, Dalton is done as a starter.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                                I believe in destiny. Things happen for a reason. The universe and football goods are making sure we land our franchise qb in the 2021 draft.
                                It could happen.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X