Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Yawn.....makes no sense has baker, Rosen, or Darnold even made it to the playoffs? Whats their record? What about Matt Stafford, dak, list goes on...LJ doesn't even have 3 years yet...everyone know Andrew's and ingram wasn't banged up. He get some real wrs...he has improved every year so far....
    Yes Prescott has made the playoffs twice, he's 1-2 in the playoffs, which is 1 more win than Jackson. And out of all of the QBs you named he's the only one people might take over Jackson.

Injuries or not, the Ravens have disappointed two years in a row in the playoffs. The spotlight gets put on Jackson because he's the QB, but he certainly wasn't the only reason they lost. And really for the Ravens this year is about the playoffs and what they do in them. They could go 16-0, but if they don't make it to at least the AFC Championship game then it will be a disappointment for that team. Similarly Jackson has shown he can be great int he regular season, for him the measurement will be his team winning in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Yes Prescott has made the playoffs twice, he's 1-2 in the playoffs, which is 1 more win than Jackson. And out of all of the QBs you named he's the only one people might take over Jackson.

Injuries or not, the Ravens have disappointed two years in a row in the playoffs. The spotlight gets put on Jackson because he's the QB, but he certainly wasn't the only reason they lost. And really for the Ravens this year is about the playoffs and what they do in them. They could go 16-0, but if they don't make it to at least the AFC Championship game then it will be a disappointment for that team. Similarly Jackson has shown he can be great int he regular season, for him the measurement will be his team winning in the playoffs.
      I agree with you 100%.....He does have to get a playoff win....this is very true.
      In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        I agree with you 100%.....He does have to get a playoff win....this is very true.
        He's a great QB (certainly much better than I thought he'd be) and he has proven he can be a top QB in the NFL. And credit to him and his OC, they designed an offense that makes the most of their rosters and his skills and he runs it to perfection. Comparing him to Rosen, Mayfield etc. Is a waste of time (in my opinion) cause those comparisons have long since been put to rest. He's elevated himself to comparisons with Wilson (for me the best QB in the NFL right now), Mahomes, Rodgers (not sure Rodgers belongs there anymore) etc.

Although the playoff record probably keeps him out of those comparisons RIGHT NOW, but once he wins some playoff games (only a matter of time) that's when he will truly enter that conversation for best QB in the league.

At least that's the way I see it. And yes, you've been on the Jackson bandwagon since day 1, you had him pegged correctly.

Comment

• I liked Lock a lot last year, but its becoming clear that our FO is horrible at developing him. On top of that failing to provide a solid O line for years now leads you to today. Taking Hamler over a RT means we see Driskel and Bortles and no Lock development. If we have another losing season, as I suspect we will this year, 2021 may be Elway's last. I dont think a GM can survive 4 losing seasons along with 5 seasons of playoffs missed
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

If I started a "Elway is the best QB in Broncos history" or "Manning's 2013 was the best individual season in Broncos History" do you think they would get Tebow hijacks?
            No it would be an Ingle Martin hijack... He was the BEST QB EVER on a Broncos Roster.... yeesh.
            sigpic

Comment

If I started a "Elway is the best QB in Broncos history" or "Manning's 2013 was the best individual season in Broncos History" do you think they would get Tebow hijacks?
              Hey, his season may have been the most unintentionally fun season.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                No it would be an Ingle Martin hijack... He was the BEST QB EVER on a Broncos Roster.... yeesh.
                Shampoo versus conditioner.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  I liked Lock a lot last year, but its becoming clear that our FO is horrible at developing him. On top of that failing to provide a solid O line for years now leads you to today. Taking Hamler over a RT means we see Driskel and Bortles and no Lock development. If we have another losing season, as I suspect we will this year, 2021 may be Elway's last. I dont think a GM can survive 4 losing seasons along with 5 seasons of playoffs missed
                  Before lock got hurt the online had given up a league low in sacks. So not too sure about that.

Also, and be specific. Which RT should we have taken over hamler and ensure he woukd start for us. Remember Juwann James was healthy and ready to play. Also, the T I bet you're thinking about did so poorly he is playing G now. So that would have been a monumental waste of a pick.

The other T you might name, he also is sitting out for covid just like Juwan James. Can you imagine the uproar if we have our starting T and our high 2nd rd pick RT both sitting for covid? People would be burning Elway at the stake!
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                    Before lock got hurt the online had given up a league low in sacks. So not too sure about that.

Also, and be specific. Which RT should we have taken over hamler and ensure he woukd start for us. Remember Juwann James was healthy and ready to play. Also, the T I bet you're thinking about did so poorly he is playing G now. So that would have been a monumental waste of a pick.

The other T you might name, he also is sitting out for covid just like Juwan James. Can you imagine the uproar if we have our starting T and our high 2nd rd pick RT both sitting for covid? People would be burning Elway at the stake!
                    Right. Ezra Cleveland is backup LG on Minnesota's depth chart at the moment. Lucas Niang opted out. Josh Jones was listed as a G by some draft sites, but he is currently listed as third string LT for the Cardinals. He was picked at #72 in the third round. Cleveland went in the second and Niang in the third.

Right now it looks like a good thing that Denver took Hamler in the second round at #46. Sutton is on IR. If Denver comes out in 11 personnel on their first possession on Sunday, there is a good chance Hamler will start. It is doubtful Cleveland or Jones would be starting on the O-Line, but there are those who would differ.

As you say, the expected return of Ja'Wuan James precluded the need for a T as early as the second round. I'm glad they took Hamler. He looks like a playmaker. If Ezra Cleveland is going to be an NFL G, we picked Muti who will be a better G IMO, if he can stay healthy.
                    Last edited by samparnell; 09-25-2020, 09:36 AM.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Josh Jones was definitely considered to be one of the best RTs in the draft. And he was available.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        WRONG..

Jeff Lewis = world championship
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                          Josh Jones was definitely considered to be one of the best RTs in the draft. And he was available.
                          Correct me if I’m wrong, but he has yet to play a snap for Cardinals, currently listed 3rd on their depth chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                            He was available. Can you guarantee that he would come in and start over Juwann James, Demar Doctson and terrible Eli (I will give you Eli as you and I can pass block as well as he can simply by falling into the guys feet).

Point is, do you really, reasonably think he would start over those two? He has not played yet and is 3rd string on the cards.

I think it is more likely he may have been able to beat them out and may be able to play but who knows how well if at all. Such a big question mark. KJ is like steve smith. Watch. He is going to really light things up and make a lot of the RT people eat their words.
                            So far:

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Right. Ezra Cleveland is backup LG on Minnesota's depth chart at the moment. Lucas Niang opted out. Josh Jones was listed as a G by some draft sites, but he is currently listed as third string LT for the Cardinals. He was picked at #72 in the third round. Cleveland went in the second and Niang in the third.

Right now it looks like a good thing that Denver took Hamler in the second round at #46. Sutton is on IR. If Denver comes out in 11 personnel on their first possession on Sunday, there is a good chance Hamler will start. It is doubtful Cleveland or Jones would be starting on the O-Line, but there are those who would differ.

As you say, the expected return of Ja'Wuan James precluded the need for a T as early as the second round. I'm glad they took Hamler. He looks like a playmaker. If Ezra Cleveland is going to be an NFL G, we picked Muti who will be a better G IMO, if he can stay healthy.
                              Yessir. Excellent post. And I love that you knew the two T I was speaking of. Thanks for authenticating. I have a good good feeling about Hamler. Really good. I keep saying it but I see a lot of Steve Smith in him.
                              So far:

Comment

I have seen other coaches pick players who gave them confidence in practice and for whatever stick with them too long when they did horrible in game. Then when they finally did replace the guy the next player looked much better in game.

Starting to wonder if Wilk for whatever reason looks great to the coaches and the coaches are like well he does it in practice.

After 2019 and 2 games in 2020 it is very hard for me to believe there is not another OT some where available that will play better at RT.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X