Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Fangio tipped his hand here:

    “I don’t worry too much about him getting overwhelmed because—some people, well, he can get overwhelmed and then his career is scarred," Fangio said. "If a guy gets scarred from some bad performances, whether they’re all his fault or it’s the team’s fault, then he probably wasn’t the guy you wanted anyway.”

    We’ll see him play this season and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him next Sunday. Following week at the latest.
    I agree completely... if he can’t handle then he isn’t the guy
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

    Comment


    • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      I agree completely... if he can’t handle then he isn’t the guy
      Agreed. I’d rather see what he can do under pressure. Just about any quarterback in the NFL can make plays with perfect protection.

      Comment


      • Will Broncos finally turn to Drew Lock after another bad offensive outing?
        https://sports.yahoo.com/will-bronco...231706703.html
        The Broncos' offense stalled in a loss to the Bills in Week 12, and the time is nigh for Denver to see what its second-round pick can do at QB.

        Comment


        • 82 yards and an INT.........Lock, Lock....Lock please.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Lock is Elway’s last shot at QB and turning around the franchise. IMO he’s held back as long as possible to get Lock up to speed with the playbook. Elway knows the expectations of Lock will be manageable at the end of a lost season. If Elway makes it to the 2020 season, which most expect he will, Fangio will get one season with Lock to prove they can compete with 6-7 wins. Otherwise Elway and Fangio will be sent packing. I think Elway should step down or be dismissed at the end of this season, but I suspect Ellis will let him finish his contract.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Shiz View Post
              82 yards and an INT.........Lock, Lock....Lock please.
              2 yards of offense in the last 5 possessions. Scangerello should be fired for that alone.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                82 yards and an INT.........Lock, Lock....Lock please.
                It is an absolute must at this point!! The argument that he isn't ready doesn't hold water anymore. There is no QB on the roster any better so the whole "so and so gives us the best chance to win" .....well that guy is Lock now so start him already!!!!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  Lock is Elway’s last shot at QB and turning around the franchise. IMO he’s held back as long as possible to get Lock up to speed with the playbook. Elway knows the expectations of Lock will be manageable at the end of a lost season. If Elway makes it to the 2020 season, which most expect he will, Fangio will get one season with Lock to prove they can compete with 6-7 wins. Otherwise Elway and Fangio will be sent packing. I think Elway should step down or be dismissed at the end of this season, but I suspect Ellis will let him finish his contract.
                  Lock should have the playbook memorized at this point, that's all he could do for the last 12 weeks is study it.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    2 yards of offense in the last 5 possessions. Scangerello should be fired for that alone.
                    Yep and as bad as Allen played he wasn’t 2 yards of offense bad, the play calling was just bad, no resemblance of a OC that can call the right play in the right circumstance and keep it going

                    I see flashes of a good innovative play caller in games but those are a severe minority to the inept clueless WTH plays
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                      Yep and as bad as Allen played he wasn’t 2 yards of offense bad, the play calling was just bad, no resemblance of a OC that can call the right play in the right circumstance and keep it going

                      I see flashes of a good innovative play caller in games but those are a severe minority to the inept clueless WTH plays
                      Scangarello can only hide behind the “new” status so long. At some point he has to get it together. If not he can go back to caking plays for a DIII college program.

                      Comment


                      • I agree Scangs is not calling great games. My issue is this organization has already become a place That quality coaches will avoid. There’s a reason why we have an inexperienced staff. I really don’t think quality coaches want to come here. It’s already a revolving door around here.

                        Sad, really.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                          82 yards and an INT.........Lock, Lock....Lock please.
                          Why in the world would the Head Coach put in a QB like Lock, who doesn't even appear on the Depth Chart, over the 2nd String QB, Rypien, who earned that right. Talk about "losing the locker room".

                          https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                            Why in the world would the Head Coach put in a QB like Lock, who doesn't even appear on the Depth Chart, over the 2nd String QB, Rypien, who earned that right. Talk about "losing the locker room".

                            https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart

                            Because Rypien showed nothing in PreSeason the Truth is Drew actually had the Back Up Position Locked up right before his Injury.

                            Comment


                            • So- as a hypothetical, if they wait to start Lock until next year... would you guys accept these kind of numbers from him in his first season?

                              326/575 attempts (56.7% completion)
                              3,379 yards
                              233 yards a game
                              26 TDS/28 INT
                              71.2 QBR
                              3-13 record

                              Would that be something you guys would be OK with while he learned with an obviously bad team?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                                Why in the world would the Head Coach put in a QB like Lock, who doesn't even appear on the Depth Chart, over the 2nd String QB, Rypien, who earned that right. Talk about "losing the locker room".

                                https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart
                                Because he was their high second round pick and they need to thoroughly evaluate him before the end of the season. It's how one goes about determining who their next franchise QB is going to be. Tell me, how exactly does one go about "losing" the locker room when the team is 3 and whatever, as far as the eye can see? If the locker room turns on Fangio and the FO for wanting to evaluate Lock when they have 3 wins, the locker room needs to be replaced with a different one, wholesale.

                                In his three starts, Allen has only completed 46% of his passes. Scangarello gets part of the blame for bad play calling and pathetic offensive output, but when it comes to completion %, that's nearly ALL on the QB and 46% isn't going to cut it.

                                I wanted to see what Allen could do as much as anyone. But now that Lock is healthy and has some practices under his belt, he should be starting. Anything other than that, and it should be crystal clear proof to all of us, that the Broncos FO AND coaching staff have absolutely no clue how to go about finding their next franchise QB and should ALL be replaced with people who do have a clue.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X