X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 9-7
    Worst 4-12

Realistic I think we go 7-9

Too much competition in the division. The team can only go as far as Flacco takes them. Unfortunately I dont think Flacco is a Qb that can go win us the game. I think he's at a point in his career where he just have to manage the game.

I never like that phrase of a Qb because other parts of the team have to complement the Qb for wins. A good Qb put the team on his back and wins it. That's why we struggled the last two years and why I think we will struggle again this year.

So basing off of that and in a top heavy division I'd be hard pressed to say we will contend. Just depends on Flacco and if people think I'm wrong on Flacco being a manager these days well I'd like to be proven wrong. I just dont think he's the Qb that will go out and put the team on his back and put up 30+ point affairs anymore. He'll be the safe game managing type.

Now you can argue well we dont need 30plus points to win we got a good enough defense. Well that's true against teams that dont have great offenses but the elite teams you need points and I think our offense is average receivers and I'm not impressed with Fant yet. Obviously he's a rookie but maybe I'm overlooking things. Maybe I dont give the offense enough credit.

I stand by a 7-9 season. We will win a few games but never catch stride. Only question remains will be if Lock sees the field this year if that 7-9 holds up.
    Last edited by Broncoyearound; 09-02-2019, 01:44 PM.
    :go:

Comment

All I have to say is that defense wins championships. Our defense will be scary good and our O can definitely be avg or above avg. I say we make the playoffs. We’ll go 2-2 in our match ups against KC and SD.

Comment

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
        All I have to say is that defense wins championships. Our defense will be scary good and our O can definitely be avg or above avg. I say we make the playoffs. We’ll go 2-2 in our match ups against KC and SD.
        I hope so. There's always optimism to start the year. I hope I'm wrong and Joe comes out wanting to prove something that he's not done and we can turn things around. I dont know if we have the pieces. The key in the receiving core is Sutton. Can he supplant his name as the No1 and take pressure off of Sanders? Will the Oline be improved to help the run game? Can Lindsey stay healthy? Can we finally get over beating the chiefs.

I kind of like opening with the Raiders and bears it'll tell me a lot about what type of season we will have. One thing for sure is, I'm glad to watch some football again. Win or lose I'll enjoy the games all the highs and lows of the year. I hope you all will as well.
        :go:

Comment

Best case: 10-6
          Worst case: 5-11
          Expected: 7-9

A brutal schedule and weak at TE, QB, OL, ILB, and Special Teams has me unusually pessimistic. I’m encouraged by better coaching, but the relatively poor roster talent makes me feel otherwise. I see the Broncos competing with the Faid for 4th place in the division.
          sigpic

Comment

Best case: 9-7
            Worst case: 4-12
            Expected 6-10

To have a winning team you have to have 3 phases of football go well. Our O-line will not allow us to sustain a running threat. We do not have a "safety blanket" in a TE or a Wes Welker type player for Flacco. Speaking of Flacco, he is going to get hit. A LOT. I sadly forsee alot of errant throws due to an inept O-Line and no safety blanket to throw to.

Our laughable ST's with no threat of a returner will not help our O get any decent field advantage - to which our O isn't talented enough to use it anyways.

Which sadly brings back the point that out D will be the best phase of our team -however- due to an offense not being able to effectively drive the field as often as necessary (which the ST wont help them and the O-Line will have a free for all to our QB who has no safety blanket and is definitely in the "back 9" of his career) the D will tire out, make mistakes, and will lose confidence or motivation.

Until we have a ST's that is taken seriously by our management and an O-Line that is NFL worthy, we will continue our 6-10/7-9 seasons.

(please prove me wrong broncos!)
            Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post
              Best case: 9-7
              Worst case: 4-12
              Expected 6-10

To have a winning team you have to have 3 phases of football go well. Our O-line will not allow us to sustain a running threat. We do not have a "safety blanket" in a TE or a Wes Welker type player for Flacco. Speaking of Flacco, he is going to get hit. A LOT. I sadly forsee alot of errant throws due to an inept O-Line and no safety blanket to throw to.

Our laughable ST's with no threat of a returner will not help our O get any decent field advantage - to which our O isn't talented enough to use it anyways.

Which sadly brings back the point that out D will be the best phase of our team -however- due to an offense not being able to effectively drive the field as often as necessary (which the ST wont help them and the O-Line will have a free for all to our QB who has no safety blanket and is definitely in the "back 9" of his career) the D will tire out, make mistakes, and will lose confidence or motivation.

Until we have a ST's that is taken seriously by our management and an O-Line that is NFL worthy, we will continue our 6-10/7-9 seasons.

(please prove me wrong broncos!)
              Ludi incipiant.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
              X