Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duke Dawson......who knows anything about this young man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Butler was awful to start the season and I believed got benched at one point. He might’ve played better down the stretch.

Brandin Cooks is another guy he let go who went on to have success. Garoppolo started off strong before the injury, we’ll find out more on that this year. Jamie Collins was really about the same in Cleveland as New England and now he’s back with the Patriots. Trent Brown in Oakland is another name to watch.
    Ok let me change it up a little.

Instead of naming guys who were somewhat successful in New England but Beli didn’t want to pay.

How many players were essentially nobodies in New England and went on to blow up somewhere else?

Maybe I’m arguing a little agenda based. And I do hope it works out. Just skeptical for now.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Ok let me change it up a little.

Instead of naming guys who were somewhat successful in New England but Beli didn’t want to pay.

How many players were essentially nobodies in New England and went on to blow up somewhere else?

Maybe I’m arguing a little agenda based. And I do hope it works out. Just skeptical for now.
      Oh yeah I understand, I definitely think it’s a strange move. He was on IR all last season and likely had some rust to knock off in camp and preseason and with a solid nickle CB already it was likely a numbers game for him.

But we essentially gave up nothing for a 2nd round pick that we were high on. I see some similarities to Chris Harris in him so hopefully some coaching, mentorship, and patience can get him in the right direction.

Comment

Even if he doesn't really offer much, you're taking a risk on a player with a 6th round pick. Its not really much of an investment for the amount of upside he could offer. Consider the fact that two seasons ago we gave up more to the Pats for AJ Derby with a 5th rounder, and you realize most of the late round picks are just shots in the dark anyways. Worth the trade, especially if he's improving our special teams unit.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
        X