• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JW7
    Captain
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    The major issue is this "win now" infatuation and unwillingness to accept a rebuild. We've been trying to slap on bandaids for 4 years now, at some point Elway has to be realistic about the team if he truly wants it to return to prominence.
    I agree to a point but the Broncos aren't a franchise that will accept a rebuild. They are expected to win every year. It's part of the reason why they have been on of the most successful sports franchise's since 1970.
    sigpic

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2017

I am not going to overreact off of the 1st game. Now if things do not get better by Week 4 then I would be worried. Tonight’s loss was on all three phases. The entire team looked lackluster and not as hungry as Oakland. There was no offense cohesion and the Defense was tourched a few times with getting no QB pressure. I hope to see a better performance next Sunday.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
        Banned User
        • Dec 2015

Last year I said Elway should have this season to get the team moving in the right direction. It’s not necessary to make the playoffs, although that would be great. I need to see a competitive team. Even if the record is 7-9 or 8-8 as long as I know the team improved.

Elway needs to be mindful of his legacy. He has many accomplishments as a player and GM. There is a point however, where one can tarnish a legacy. Three to four back to back losing seasons could start to damage the franchise.

We can’t overreact after one game. However, it is important to see things turnaround quickly. If the 2019 season goes off the rails, I think Ellis and the trust will need to have a conversation with Elway.

Comment

• kerkhoff1
          Practice Squad
          • Feb 2004

I think we are closer than this game leads us to believe.

Our offense moved into scoring territory 6 of 8 possessions. That’s Fantastic! Not to mention Hamilton’s drop we easily left 10 points on the field we earned but didn’t cash in.

Defensively getting Callahan back will help. I think Gruden just out schemed our D. There is still a lot of talent on that side of the ball.

If we clean up our playcalling in scoring territory, and our D can play up to potential a 9-7 season is very doable.

Anyone expecting more with our schedule this year probably had to high of expectations.

Comment

• swinginhorseman
            Special Teams
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
            Not to mention Hamilton’s drop we easily left 10 points on the field we earned but didn’t cash in.

I'm confused, didn't you mean a possible 4 points were left since we kicked and made the field goal for 3?

Comment

• Odomsfan
              Practice Squad
              • Nov 2007

Denver just played one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. Did you actually think we were going to be able to sack Derek Carr with our average rush and Miller and Chubb who are in my opinion just average defenders this well

Comment

• swinginhorseman
                Special Teams
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Odomsfan View Post
                Did you actually think we were going to be able to sack Derek Carr with our average rush and Miller and Chubb who are in my opinion just average defenders this well

You think Von Miller is average? Why do you think that?

Comment

• Bigred840
                  Practice Squad
                  • Sep 2019

[QUOTE=kerkhoff1;5827265]I think we are closer than this game leads us to believe.

Yea, closer to 8-8. Not close to the playoffs, or a winning season. I'll admit, people's expectations were high for no reason. Our starters didn't have a single touchdown drive in the pre-season. We have not won in Oakland since Manning. Nothing that happened tonight should have been a surprise to anyone. Yes, one TD pass was dropped but that's only one excuse for one drive..... The game was abysmal, almost as bad as the Steelers perfoance Sunday night. The season is not lost by any means but don't get you're hopes up. For your own good....

Comment

• kerkhoff1
                    Practice Squad
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by swinginhorseman View Post
                    I'm confused, didn't you mean a possible 4 points were left since we kicked and made the field goal for 3?
                    We had two drives where we were in FG range. Both times we had 3rd and longs. Once we took a sack, once we threw it about 15 yards incomplete.

Both times we had guys open underneath for 5-8 yards. If we took our medicine hit the check down we probably make two FG’s instead of the Punt and missed 64 yard FG.

Like I said we reached scoring position on 6 of 8 drives which is fantastic. We shout ourselves in the foot twice costing us FG attempts. And a dropped TD.

We also had a short 3rd and 2 from just outside the 10, and we took a sack. Leading to a FG. With better execution maybe w convert that and leads to a TD. Hopefully the playcalling improves in those situations.
                    Last edited by kerkhoff1; 09-10-2019, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• Montoya
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Aug 2012

I will be be honest at first I was furious. It looked just like a game from last year. However. How long is Callahan supposed to be hurt. We need him in the worst way. I mean Yiadom literally got TORCHED last night and I’m not sure we lose if we had Callahan. Now going into the game I had a feeling Gruden was going to do just exactly what they did. They chewed the clock. Ran quick passes to there backs and Tight Ends and didn’t let us play the way we wanted to play. On offense. That Hamilton TD drop was absolutely huge. It killed all momentum. It was sad to see the same kinda offense we ran last year with Flacco not throwing the ball more than 10 yards until the last drives. But it was week 1 in the Black hole and that dirt and field really had a big impact. I Will give us a few weeks before I throw in the towel.

Comment

• $Broncos$
                        Playmaker
                        • Aug 2010

We played let’s win the game too late

Comment

• DavisMVP
                          Practice Squad
                          • Oct 2003

The roster from last year wasn’t good enough and this years roster is not good enough. We need some better offensive linemen.

Comment

• DavisMVP
                            Practice Squad
                            • Oct 2003

We couldn’t run on 3 and 2 last year and we couldn’t run in short yardage situations last night. And Joe was getting pressured the whole first half.

Comment

• Boltzfan88
                              Bench Warmer
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by Odomsfan View Post
                              Denver just played one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. Did you actually think we were going to be able to sack Derek Carr with our average rush and Miller and Chubb who are in my opinion just average defenders this well
                              What? On what planet do the Raiders have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL?

Raiders fans would laugh on their forum if they saw you saying this.

Comment

• GiddyupGetEm
                                Special Teams
                                • Oct 2015

After the 2017 season I was strongly encouraging firing Elway. After the 2018 rookies showed such promise, I said Elway earned one more year (2019). If 2019’is like this, Elway has to go.

Elway can’t draft and he can’t let a head coach be the face of the franchise. As a result, we look awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X