• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I want Lock to be the guy as well.

I also want Andrew Thomas and then trade back into the first for Tyler Biadiasz. Mann that would be a strong offensive line with Mike Munchak coaching them. I’d like to change the offense to power scheme though to fit Munchak while still utilizing Jano and Booker as blockers.
    I’d Even consider moving the pro wrestler inside to right guard. We all know he is strong, he just cannot block on the edge.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I also want Andrew Thomas and then trade back into the first for Tyler Biadiasz. Mann that would be a strong offensive line with Mike Munchak coaching them. I’d like to change the offense to power scheme though to fit Munchak while still utilizing Jano and Booker as blockers.
    Sign me up!

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    This is Elway's road back to happiness! I want Lock to be the guy so bad, because I can see us using our high draft pick to land a franchise OT, and I would certainly consider going Oliner in FA (but has to fit us to a T) or maybe going 3rd roundish as well. Two quality Oliners will change this O. I'd also add one talented WR, and almost call it a day on O.....cuz we do have to maintain, even build on what we have on D.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by biggbenns View Post
    Elway is the problem. Simple as that. He hasn't hired a coach worth a damn in his last 2 hires. Frankly he got lucky when Manning fell in his lap. Not sure Kubiak was a great hire either. Fox was a mistake. His drafting of QB's is suspect. Dude needs to go.
    Fox was not a mistake.

Manning would have been a gift to any team that signed him, but it was Elway that made Denver the right place to choose.

Kubiak is not the great coach people here make him out to be, but he obviously did put the team in position to win a Super Bowl. The only difference between him and Fox is that the team was able to capitalize on the opportunity.

You are correct about Elway’s drafting of quarterbacks. It has been horrendous. Maybe he finally got it right, if Lock really is an upgraded version of Jay Cutler.

Leave a comment:

• biggbenns
    replied
    Elway is the problem. Simple as that. He hasn't hired a coach worth a damn in his last 2 hires. Frankly he got lucky when Manning fell in his lap. Not sure Kubiak was a great hire either. Fox was a mistake. His drafting of QB's is suspect. Dude needs to go.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    If Lock is the guy, and we can get 2 solid Olineman in the first 3 rounds everyone will forget about the misses and JE will be a hero again
    This is Elway's road back to happiness! I want Lock to be the guy so bad, because I can see us using our high draft pick to land a franchise OT, and I would certainly consider going Oliner in FA (but has to fit us to a T) or maybe going 3rd roundish as well. Two quality Oliners will change this O. I'd also add one talented WR, and almost call it a day on O.....cuz we do have to maintain, even build on what we have on D.

Leave a comment:

• Orangecrush21
    replied
    If Lock is the guy, and we can get 2 solid Olineman in the first 3 rounds everyone will forget about the misses and JE will be a hero again

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I think our line is not good. Bolles hasnt been worthy of his pick and James just hasnt been available. I will say that Flacco made our line look worse . I agree if Lock looks like crap I'm not gonna blame the line unless he gets mauled before he has a chance to do anything. Certain things are solely on a Qb. So we will see how this plays out .
    So you’re saying the Flacco 3.5 second drop back isn’t effective with a porous offensive line?

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    No, I'm saying I dont feel out line is as bad as all seem to feel. And I'm not gonna use the line as an excuse for lock when he plays is what I'm saying.
    I think our line is not good. Bolles hasnt been worthy of his pick and James just hasnt been available. I will say that Flacco made our line look worse . I agree if Lock looks like crap I'm not gonna blame the line unless he gets mauled before he has a chance to do anything. Certain things are solely on a Qb. So we will see how this plays out .

Leave a comment:

• Ondavi
    replied
    Well, at least the Cowboys are bowl eligible @ 6-6. With Jerry Jones' entrepreneurial, money-making mindset, and his megacash generating stadium, he could create his own bowl: "The Cash Is King Bowl" for the Cowboys should they not make the NFL playoffs. They could find, and pay, some scrub team (sort of like the Bronchos) to play, getting away with it by calling it an "exhibition" game. Betcha AT LEAST 40,000 idiots would pony up to attend. Halftime show could be a "cowchip" throwing contest with BOTH kinds of music, country AND western.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    What I'm saying is you wont win with a crappy line, period .
    No, I'm saying I dont feel out line is as bad as all seem to feel. And I'm not gonna use the line as an excuse for lock when he plays is what I'm saying.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Peyton Manning might want to disagree with you. It’s not like the Colts had a great line. We saw how bad things were when he wasn’t there. It had a lot to do with them being able to eventually draft Luck.

I’m still not on the “fire Elway” train. Hopefully he hires a GM.

I would like to see them focus on building along the line of scrimmage this coming offseason, assuming they are unable to draft Burrow. They can try to make a move for one of the quarterbacks in the 2021 draft.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Well you have have the best oline, rb and good wr, and has Dallas won a SB....I'll wait.....

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Agreed . Take a crappy line and put them around a really good Qb and they ain't winning any SB because they probably aren't going to make it to one.
    Well you have have the best oline, rb and good wr, and has Dallas won a SB....I'll wait.....

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You like Dak and he has the best Oline and arguably the best RB and a very good WR in Copper yet they are year in year out avg team. What's your excuse for Dak?
    What excuses is needed? I have none. He is doing his job imo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X