Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roushmartin6
    replied
    I love John, it was a hell of a ride but he needs to step down so we don't have to do it for him

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Truthfully, we have ZERO position groups that are built for success for more than two years. That is terrifying!
    The roster is pretty thin across the board with no depth. Couple that with a questionable coaching carousel and we have a disaster.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Very true. He’s also failed to identify O-Linemen, Dlinemen, MLB, TE.
    Truthfully, we have ZERO position groups that are built for success for more than two years. That is terrifying!

Leave a comment:

• Rancher Mike
    replied
    Ok you’re right. I think we could use some help in areas other than just QB however.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Does Ellis have the authority to fire Elway? Even if he does, does he have the stones to actually do it? I don't think so. It is what it is, likely till ownership settles out. Elway is never going to step down on his own

I think the o-line is an area of the team on a upswing. They played pretty dang good today against a group that had NINE sacks last week.
    Yes he does, but I can't imagine him doing so without consulting the Bowlen family first.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Umm...the directive to find a QB is way more important. That's the main thing that has defined Elway's failure as a GM. He can't find a QB to save his life, and he's passed over quite a few at this point who could've saved us.
    Very true. He’s also failed to identify O-Linemen, Dlinemen, MLB, TE.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    No. Ellis can hire a headhunter firm to guide the GM search. Ellis hasn’t fired him because Broncos Country hasn’t yet roundly united in the agreement Elway has failed. We are almost there.
    Good luck with that.

Some around here will never admit to anything that could tarnish Elway's reputation as a GM, which is silly seeing as it's already pretty damn bad if you're to go by what's been said by fans of other teams for the past few seasons.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    No. Ellis can hire a headhunter firm to guide the GM search. Ellis hasn’t fired him because Broncos Country hasn’t yet roundly united in the agreement Elway has failed. We are almost there.
    Not speaking from direct knowledge, but from the stuff I read and listen to it really sounds like Ellis really doesn't want to be involved in any of the football decisions.

Leave a comment:

• VikingBronco
    replied
    Need some input: Is there any chance that the current ownership will part ways with Elway, or are we stuck with him because no one else has much of a say?

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Does Ellis have the authority to fire Elway? Even if he does, does he have the stones to actually do it? I don't think so. It is what it is, likely till ownership settles out. Elway is never going to step down on his own

Originally posted by Rancher Mike View Post
    Oh man this team has weaknesses galore.

Corner, O-line, run defense, special teams - you name it.

Jacksonville figures that out at half time and took advantage of several positional mismatches.

We aren’t going anywhere.

I was at todays game. Very frustrating.

I think the o-line is an area of the team on a upswing. They played pretty dang good today against a group that had NINE sacks last week.

Leave a comment:

• BeelzeBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry2287 View Post
    Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The rest of the league knows they come to a Denver game to practice. They can do whatever, wait until the end of the game, and walk down the field and score as many points as they need to win. Fire Elway, and hire someone with only one directive: find a captain for the defense. Someone willing to kick ass and intimidate others.
    Umm...the directive to find a QB is way more important. That's the main thing that has defined Elway's failure as a GM. He can't find a QB to save his life, and he's passed over quite a few at this point who could've saved us.

Leave a comment:

• Rancher Mike
    replied
    Oh man this team has weaknesses galore.

Corner, O-line, run defense, special teams - you name it.

Jacksonville figures that out at half time and took advantage of several positional mismatches.

We aren’t going anywhere.

I was at todays game. Very frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    My man Pat Bowlen is rolling in his grave watching this team. Speaking of him I really thought the team would come out and play hard out of respect for Bowlen being in the HOF but we have been bad...not just a little we been really bad.

Rebuild needs to come...and fast

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    The only reason why Elway is keeping his job is because Ellis literally has no idea who he would choose to fill that role. Ellis isn't a football guy, so Elway provides him that experience, regardless of how poorly it's been for the past 4 years.

But I agree - Elway needs to be fired or be smart enough to step down.
    Agreed. It’s a big part of why I’m nervous about the future.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    The only reason why Elway is keeping his job is because Ellis literally has no idea who he would choose to fill that role. Ellis isn't a football guy, so Elway provides him that experience, regardless of how poorly it's been for the past 4 years.

But I agree - Elway needs to be fired or be smart enough to step down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X