X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I just don’t see how anyone can look at this team and think Elway has done enough to keep his job. This roster is bad, depth is non existent and we’ve watched a rinse and repeat strategy of mediocre FA QB and questionable coach carousel.

This team is in its current state because of Elway’s decisions. It’s realky that simple.
    The only reason why Elway is keeping his job is because Ellis literally has no idea who he would choose to fill that role. Ellis isn't a football guy, so Elway provides him that experience, regardless of how poorly it's been for the past 4 years.

But I agree - Elway needs to be fired or be smart enough to step down.

Leave a comment:

• Henry2287
    replied
    Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The rest of the league knows they come to a Denver game to practice. They can do whatever, wait until the end of the game, and walk down the field and score as many points as they need to win. Fire Elway, and hire someone with only one directive: find a captain for the defense. Someone willing to kick ass and intimidate others.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoRy
    replied
    This loss is squarely on John Elway. I will forever love the guy as a Bronco great but he needs to step down. So many failed draft picks have killed this team.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    I just don’t see how anyone can look at this team and think Elway has done enough to keep his job. This roster is bad, depth is non existent and we’ve watched a rinse and repeat strategy of mediocre FA QB and questionable coach carousel.

This team is in its current state because of Elway’s decisions. It’s realky that simple.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    This team is a dumpster fire. I'd rather drive a Mitsubishi Mirage than endure another season with Elway at the helm of this colossal failure of a team.

Leave a comment:

• Humberg
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Even with Peyton, Elway’s draft picks raised a lot of worries about the future. I was one of them...
    You were one of Elway's draft picks? Paxton, that you?

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Even with Peyton, Elway’s draft picks raised a lot of worries about the future. I was one of them. And the future I worried about is now upon us.

This could be a long-term era of weakness. We have no promise of improvement ahead of us.
    The only promise you can provide fans is firing everyone, trading for picks, and actually rebuilding for the future. Nothing changes until the people at top change.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    That Super Bowl team you are laying at Elway's feet doesn't happen if the Bengals don't block him from hiring Vance Joseph as DC instead of Wade, and the rest of his success as a GM has mostly hinged on a single huge free agency signing. Post-Manning (the past four seasons) Elway has arguably been the worst GM in the league.
    Even with Peyton, Elway’s draft picks raised a lot of worries about the future. I was one of them. And the future I worried about is now upon us.

This could be a long-term era of weakness. We have no promise of improvement ahead of us.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    ???

Overreacting? What team have you been watching for about 3 seasons now? This team is one of the worst in the NFL!

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I disagree

Not many men currently wanting to work as GM for NFL teams have shown they can build a Super Bowl team in the free agency era

If we replace Elway we are more likely to get a worse GM than better one
    HIRE A PERSONNEL PROFESSIONAL AS GM!!! Elway is not capable of evaluating talent!

Leave a comment:

• BeelzeBob
    replied
    I disagree

Not many men currently wanting to work as GM for NFL teams have shown they can build a Super Bowl team in the free agency era

That Super Bowl team you are laying at Elway's feet doesn't happen if the Bengals don't block him from hiring Vance Joseph as DC instead of Wade, and the rest of his success as a GM has mostly hinged on a single huge free agency signing. Post-Manning (the past four seasons) Elway has arguably been the worst GM in the league.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    You guys are overreacting. This team is loaded with talent and ready to compete for another championship before you know it!

In Elway We Trust (especially as a GM)
    ???

Overreacting? What team have you been watching for about 3 seasons now? This team is one of the worst in the NFL!

Leave a comment:

• VikingBronco
    replied
    Time to let Elway go! This is going to be three losing seasons in a row. Honestly not good enough!

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    I disagree

It doesn't matter. You can't lower your standards over and over again hoping that the same GM who got us to this point will somehow pull us out.

This team is historically bad at this point. We need to blow it completely up and move on. I wouldn't trust Elway with any more drafts or free agent signings.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    You guys are overreacting. This team is loaded with talent and ready to compete for another championship before you know it!

In Elway We Trust (especially as a GM)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X