Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It really is time to move on.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Even with Peyton, Elway’s draft picks raised a lot of worries about the future. I was one of them. And the future I worried about is now upon us.

    This could be a long-term era of weakness. We have no promise of improvement ahead of us.
    The only promise you can provide fans is firing everyone, trading for picks, and actually rebuilding for the future. Nothing changes until the people at top change.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
      Even with Peyton, Elway’s draft picks raised a lot of worries about the future. I was one of them...
      You were one of Elway's draft picks? Paxton, that you?
      The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary. - Vince Lombardi

      Comment


      • This team is a dumpster fire. I'd rather drive a Mitsubishi Mirage than endure another season with Elway at the helm of this colossal failure of a team.
        Adopted Poster
        AZ Snake Fan

        Comment


        • I just don’t see how anyone can look at this team and think Elway has done enough to keep his job. This roster is bad, depth is non existent and we’ve watched a rinse and repeat strategy of mediocre FA QB and questionable coach carousel.

          This team is in its current state because of Elway’s decisions. It’s realky that simple.

          Comment


          • This loss is squarely on John Elway. I will forever love the guy as a Bronco great but he needs to step down. So many failed draft picks have killed this team.

            Comment


            • Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The rest of the league knows they come to a Denver game to practice. They can do whatever, wait until the end of the game, and walk down the field and score as many points as they need to win. Fire Elway, and hire someone with only one directive: find a captain for the defense. Someone willing to kick ass and intimidate others.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                I just don’t see how anyone can look at this team and think Elway has done enough to keep his job. This roster is bad, depth is non existent and we’ve watched a rinse and repeat strategy of mediocre FA QB and questionable coach carousel.

                This team is in its current state because of Elway’s decisions. It’s realky that simple.
                The only reason why Elway is keeping his job is because Ellis literally has no idea who he would choose to fill that role. Ellis isn't a football guy, so Elway provides him that experience, regardless of how poorly it's been for the past 4 years.

                But I agree - Elway needs to be fired or be smart enough to step down.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  The only reason why Elway is keeping his job is because Ellis literally has no idea who he would choose to fill that role. Ellis isn't a football guy, so Elway provides him that experience, regardless of how poorly it's been for the past 4 years.

                  But I agree - Elway needs to be fired or be smart enough to step down.
                  No. Ellis can hire a headhunter firm to guide the GM search. Ellis hasn’t fired him because Broncos Country hasn’t yet roundly united in the agreement Elway has failed. We are almost there.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                    The only reason why Elway is keeping his job is because Ellis literally has no idea who he would choose to fill that role. Ellis isn't a football guy, so Elway provides him that experience, regardless of how poorly it's been for the past 4 years.

                    But I agree - Elway needs to be fired or be smart enough to step down.
                    Agreed. It’s a big part of why I’m nervous about the future.

                    Comment


                    • My man Pat Bowlen is rolling in his grave watching this team. Speaking of him I really thought the team would come out and play hard out of respect for Bowlen being in the HOF but we have been bad...not just a little we been really bad.

                      Rebuild needs to come...and fast
                      :go:

                      Comment


                      • Oh man this team has weaknesses galore.

                        Corner, O-line, run defense, special teams - you name it.

                        Jacksonville figures that out at half time and took advantage of several positional mismatches.

                        We aren’t going anywhere.

                        I was at todays game. Very frustrating.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Henry2287 View Post
                          Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The rest of the league knows they come to a Denver game to practice. They can do whatever, wait until the end of the game, and walk down the field and score as many points as they need to win. Fire Elway, and hire someone with only one directive: find a captain for the defense. Someone willing to kick ass and intimidate others.
                          Umm...the directive to find a QB is way more important. That's the main thing that has defined Elway's failure as a GM. He can't find a QB to save his life, and he's passed over quite a few at this point who could've saved us.

                          Comment


                          • Does Ellis have the authority to fire Elway? Even if he does, does he have the stones to actually do it? I don't think so. It is what it is, likely till ownership settles out. Elway is never going to step down on his own

                            Originally posted by Rancher Mike View Post
                            Oh man this team has weaknesses galore.

                            Corner, O-line, run defense, special teams - you name it.

                            Jacksonville figures that out at half time and took advantage of several positional mismatches.

                            We aren’t going anywhere.

                            I was at todays game. Very frustrating.

                            I think the o-line is an area of the team on a upswing. They played pretty dang good today against a group that had NINE sacks last week.

                            Comment


                            • Need some input: Is there any chance that the current ownership will part ways with Elway, or are we stuck with him because no one else has much of a say?
                              Mile High

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                                No. Ellis can hire a headhunter firm to guide the GM search. Ellis hasn’t fired him because Broncos Country hasn’t yet roundly united in the agreement Elway has failed. We are almost there.
                                Not speaking from direct knowledge, but from the stuff I read and listen to it really sounds like Ellis really doesn't want to be involved in any of the football decisions.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X