• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    It's over. Playoffs is for 2020's season now. Time to look for the draft
    Some will still preach playoffs but imo it was always about what we do in 2020

Just too many holes were left unattended to think we would have a winning team in 2019 imo

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Elway has no business rebuilding this team.
    I disagree

Not many men currently wanting to work as GM for NFL teams have shown they can build a Super Bowl team in the free agency era

If we replace Elway we are more likely to get a worse GM than better one

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Maybe 2022. This is a three-year rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncosGeordie
    replied
    How can this team..

... hold their heads high? Oh that’s right they’re all loaded and it matters not one bit to them.

This team, led by Fangio is totally clueless and inept. I get more enjoyment playing Madden Ultimate Team than watching this trash.

How long are we lumbered with the fool Flacco financially due to the shrewd moves of Elway?

I am at a total loss for words to describe this **** show. What an absolute garbage product to serve up to paying loyal fans. Total and utter waste of space. That’s the season completely up in smoke after only four games. I doubt we’ll win any. We are the laughing stock of the league!

The “New Browns” era is upon us....., and it’s us!

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    It really is time to move on. How could anyone argue otherwise at this point?
    Devin Bush would have been really helpful today. Elway has failed.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Vance had two years of drafting top 5 and top 10

Only the super hopeful thought we were going to come out this year and be a winning team

The rebuild has already started just some are just now realizing where we are.
    Elway has no business rebuilding this team.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Don't worry guys, believe in the process. We're so close to winning these games. Heck, we're practically 4-0 right now if not for a few mistakes and what not. All Fangio needs to do is call Vance Joseph and ask for tips on how to get a better practice in.. that's gonna put us over the edge, I'm sure of it!

0-4 but who cares. Bring on Chargers!

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Vance had two years of drafting top 5 and top 10

Only the super hopeful thought we were going to come out this year and be a winning team

The rebuild has already started just some are just now realizing where we are.

Leave a comment:

• BeelzeBob
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    I worry fans will blame the refs. They will not see that we can’t tackle. We passed up Devin Bush, a versatile tackling machine at a position of need for NOah Fant.

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    2 Super Bowl wins is better than 1, so I will back that.
    Pat Bowlen
    Shannahan
    Elway
    3 men who have done a lot for this franchise.
    Agreed.
    Destruction is easier than creation.

(Need to spread CPs but sometimes it's difficult. lol )

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Originally posted by RobertR View Post
    What other team in the NFL thought Tebow was good enough to win a Super Bowl with a great defense? What other team thought Tebow was good enough to even start? Answer: NONE. That is NOT conjecture. Neither is it conjecture that Tebow was never able to prove that the evaluation of him was wrong.
    RobertR context is everything.
    You seem to be arguing a point I never made.
    Good day to you Sir.

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Oh wow what a way to whine! Lol

I’m stating facts dude, Shanahan was greatly distracted and it could’ve happened to anyone of us anywhere.

That’s fine you take Elway, I have no beef nor care but DONT get your feelings hurt because I don’t like Elway as a GM as much as I like Shanahan.
    If Shanahan was distracted by egos or whatever then
    perhaps Snyder was right to fire him. (Excuses)

Whining?
    I don't even know you personally to get upset.
    smh

My replies to the "prove me wrong" post
    remain for everyone to draw their own opinion.

Go Broncos!

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    I have never seen a GM’s duties broken out into percentage. But career NFL personnel professionals nearly unanimously say drafting the most important duty of a GM. Does that mean 70%? I don’t know. But undoubtedly, without good drafting, everything else about a roster inevitably will collapse.

Free agency is the most expensive way to improve. Undrafted free agents are too rare to rely on as a long-term plan. Depth, talent, and cap control are maintained through consistent drafting. No GM hits on 100%. But Elway is hitting less than 25% on draft picks meeting League-wide expected performance.
    You're arguing points I never made.

I questioned the "70%" you stated with certainty
    and you even used the word "scientifically" to prove another
    poster wrong.

Do you always make up numbers when commenting or just 70% of the time?
    Scientifically speaking of course. lol

Go Broncos!
    Last edited by mozzerpete; 09-24-2019, 03:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    No it’s not. Denver doesn’t assemble the defense without Manning. He was the catalyst to go for the gold. And Elway was itching to replace Tebow, if Manning hadn’t chosen Denver, they were definitely going in another direction.
    I agree. Manning was the so called game changer. Tebow was a headache for Elway. He knew that Tebow's days were numbered, even though he managed some wild and crazy victories. But Tebow was not a passer, and that must have bothered Elway big time, like it bothered many of us.

So signing Manning was bold, risky and incredibly important, as we went on to play some great football, including 2 SB appearances, and with a bit of luck, possibly a third (lets just say Baltimore and Facco of all dudes, ruined that possibility). But the fact that Manning seemed to open the door to other quality signings, making Denver a hot spot once again. And though the D did win the SB, the team was extremely talented on O and D during most of Manning's time here. Sure, he was basically done when we won the ring, but by then we had built a strong team around him.

And lets not forget all those offensive exploits in his first 2 seasons with us. Lots of one sided victories, and loads of excitement!

That signing was one big reason I have endorsed Elway, til of late. I still like him, but he needs to fix what needs fixing.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
    You went from "70% of a GM's responsibility is drafting"
    to "70% of importance."

Did you read that number somewhere or make it up?
    You stated it as a fact so just curious.
    I have never seen a GM’s duties broken out into percentage. But career NFL personnel professionals nearly unanimously say drafting the most important duty of a GM. Does that mean 70%? I don’t know. But undoubtedly, without good drafting, everything else about a roster inevitably will collapse.

Free agency is the most expensive way to improve. Undrafted free agents are too rare to rely on as a long-term plan. Depth, talent, and cap control are maintained through consistent drafting. No GM hits on 100%. But Elway is hitting less than 25% on draft picks meeting League-wide expected performance.
    Last edited by GiddyupGetEm; 09-24-2019, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X