It really is time to move on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I will caution against judging the whole season off one game. Last season we came out and beat Seattle and many said it was because Seattle wasn’t a good team more than us being good. Well we weren’t good but Seattle made the playoffs. This is just one game, there are still 15 more games to go and anything can happen.
    Again though the original point of the thread is not exactly over reacting to 1 game from a player and coaching standpoint.

But rather a 3+ year theme with Elway. I think it’s extremely fair to say we are judging Elway off more than just 1 game.

Sure we can turn it around and I’ll eat crow and give him credit if we do. But I’m basing my opinion of Elway off 3 years and 1 game of subpar play not week 1 of 2019.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
      Elway’s last two drafts have looked a lot better on the field. Look at all the players who looked good last night (Sutton, Risner, Lindsay, Freeman, Chubb has shown promise but not last night, Hamilton looked good other than that huge drop in the end zone) that’s the foundation to build on for the future and hopefully Drew Lock will show to be a franchise QB. He’s improved every game in the preseason up until he got hurt.

Future is bright just need another good draft for the holes that they have.

With that said.... we were hot trash last night. Absolute embarrassment
      We have needed "another good draft" for 3 years....whens it gonna happen???
      Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-10-2019, 10:18 AM.
      [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

The GM is responsible for the team as a whole. I’ve been optimistic about Elway, but the cupboard is getting pretty bare. Our starters are so-so across the board and we have no depth. That’s on the GM. We have watched a major decline in talent for 4 years now. Manning covered up a lot of deficiencies, but it’s becoming obvious that talent is lacking on this team.

I’m not expecting him to be fired yet, but his seat should be getting hot. If we witness another debacle of a season, then his job should be in jeopardy. Three losing seasons in a row isn’t acceptable in the NFL.
        sigpic

Comment

I’m not sure where some of you are coming from. The last two drafts we’ve had were amongst the best in the league, but young players take time to develop.

And Carr has had games like that before against us. When he’s getting the ball out fast he’s hard to get to. Doesn’t anyone remember him torching the league just a couple of years ago before he got hurt? Well, it looks like he’s back.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Everyone has a job to do . I know the GM is held responsible for everyone under him. There are teams out there that has never sniffed a superbowl. If you guys think Elway is the sole person who drafts players your kidding yourself. Sure if you wanna blame Elway for some draft picks cool but you gotta give him kudos for the ones that work out. Most people in here were high on our coaching hires , now your calling for Elway to be fired after 1 game lol. If falls back to do your job ! and our key players failed to do so . What makes a player great is making great plays at the perfect time and our players failed to do so. I think our coaching staff had a rough first game , questionable play calling at times and clock management first half. The main focus should be how in the world can Carr not even have to wash his uniform for next weeks game with the studs we have on D! . Offensive woes definitely, but what do you expect when the starters hardly played in pre season to build on chemistry. I'm not saying Elway isnt blameless by no means , but the players are the ones who are responsible for doing what they get paid for on game days .

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              Just like we have moved away from other people who have won us Super Bowls and watched as "trusted" posters talk about how over rated they were I am sure Elway will get that treatment too.

Not this year tho.
              It’s a new coaching staff, new QB, same result. I know it takes time for a team to gel but we are suffering a talent drain, the result from bad drafts that are coming back to haunt us.

We are yielding the same poor results, bad product yet we continue to ignore key positions like ILB and the offensive line. Only reason they looked somewhat decent was because of Munchak.

This is all on Elway at this point and although we grew up loving him, I’ll stand behind Joe Eliss in any decision he makes against those who are going to ignorantly lie to themselves and using the argument “he won us a super bowl”.

Yes he did and so did Mike Shanahan, he still got fired. It is what it is and it’s Elways fault and there’s no more free rides because of who he is. We should all be bronco fans before Elway fans.

Hahahahaha in the words of the flat earthers “there’s more and more coming over to this side everyday”. More and more ppl are realizing it’s Elway who is becoming the problem. I mean my goodness Heuerman and Booker are still on the team, why?

We need contributors not camp bodies.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-10-2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                This game has really highlighted a lot of things we did wrong this off-season.

- Should have went LB instead of getting Fant and Lock. We need a thumper and a cover LB badly.

- We should have moved on from Wolfe and save $10+m. That dude is washed up now.

- we need to stop getting Iffy Oline players in FA. Imagine having Brown instead of James. I'd spend more money for that.
                We have a thumper at lb. His name his Todd Davis and he was injured. You could definitely tell they missed his presence. Once Davis is back I bet our run defense looks better. We still need a speedy coverage lber though
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                  I’m not sure where some of you are coming from. The last two drafts we’ve had were amongst the best in the league, but young players take time to develop.

And Carr has had games like that before against us. When he’s getting the ball out fast he’s hard to get to. Doesn’t anyone remember him torching the league just a couple of years ago before he got hurt? Well, it looks like he’s back.
                  Very Good points! Carr when given time has been a very solid QB. His OL looks really good right now. Drafting has actually been ok the last 2 years, and I don't think Devin Bush has looked all that hot yet. We need NFL CB's in this next draft and a real ILB. We need to give Fangio a few more games to get this team playing better before we get too bent out shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                    This game has really highlighted a lot of things we did wrong this off-season.

- Should have went LB instead of getting Fant and Lock. We need a thumper and a cover LB badly.

- We should have moved on from Wolfe and save $10+m. That dude is washed up now.

- we need to stop getting Iffy Oline players in FA. Imagine having Brown instead of James. I'd spend more money for that.
                    We needed to resign Matt Paradis who would actually play hurt and still be effective instead dumping a ton of money into a RT that was injured in the first half.

For some reason Elway hates his O-linemen that were drafted by the former GM. I don’t think we will be having such a problem if he had paid guys like Zane Beadles, JD Walton, Orlando Franklin, and now Matt Paradis...

Most of those guys are out of the league but they were far better players than the guys they were replaced with except for Vasquez.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                      Very Good points! Carr when given time has been a very solid QB. His OL looks really good right now. Drafting has actually been ok the last 2 years, and I don't think Devin Bush has looked all that hot yet. We need NFL CB's in this next draft and a real ILB. We need to give Fangio a few more games to get this team playing better before we get too bent out shape.
                      Fangio has been known to work wonders with lower draft pick at cb. Ilb would be good to get. I still feel we need o-line and qb more then any where else on the field
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        We have a thumper at lb. His name his Todd Davis and he was injured. You could definitely tell they missed his presence. Once Davis is back I bet our run defense looks better. We still need a speedy coverage lber though
                        I'm still happy with Fant and Lock. At the end of the day if Lock becomes a franchise guy, it will look like a draft steal. Jewell was a problem though. He's like McDonalds. You know you have better options out there, and it's not good for you, but it will get the job done and it's inexpensive.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          We needed to resign Matt Paradis who would actually play hurt and still be effective instead dumping a ton of money into a RT that was injured in the first half.

For some reason Elway hates his O-linemen that were drafted by the former GM. I don’t think we will be having such a problem if he had paid guys like Zane Beadles, JD Walton, Orlando Franklin, and now Matt Paradis...

Most of those guys are out of the league but they were far better players than the guys they were replaced with except for Vasquez.
                          No one can predict injuries. Saying we shouldn't have signed James because he was injured is a poor take.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            I'm still happy with Fant and Lock. At the end of the day if Lock becomes a franchise guy, it will look like a draft steal. Jewell was a problem though. He's like McDonalds. You know you have better options out there, and it's not good for you, but it will get the job done and it's inexpensive.
                            I am in a wait an see on lock again. I expect and hope to see him by the end of the season. This next qb draft is loaded we need to see if lock is a franchise guy or we should really like at this qb class there are 4 for sure first rounder and like 3 or 4 that could end up there. It is pretty loaded. Flacco is a stop gap that is not worth it.

Jewell would be good paired with a speedy backer. Neither him nor nelson attacked the gaps or hole that I would like. I think Todd Davis will improve our run defense he will definitely be an upgrade to playing Corey Nelson either way we need to upgrade that spot Nelson looked bad to me
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm

Comment

I knew this game would be tough. If we continue like this tbe rest of the season then yes it's time to move on and correct me if I'm wrong but Ellis can make the change right?
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                                Fangio has been known to work wonders with lower draft pick at cb. Ilb would be good to get. I still feel we need o-line and qb more then any where else on the field
                                But Fangio needs to pick his own corners, players he himself can identify and mold into NFL players. Not sure if he’ll be aloud to do so with Elway and Russell.

Comment

Working...
                                X