X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheAsianPA
    Captain
    • Oct 2015

I'm under the impression a more mobile QB will help our team tremendously as well. With James hopefully coming back next week, we can start to see a better O-line appear. But otherwise it's foolish to assume Flacco has nothing to do with the poor offensive production.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• 58Miller
      Football Immortal
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      That's your take on it. And please tell me how does he know the offense. Does he not have a playbook, is he not in film study, is he not studying with his 100% thumb.

You feel we have no line. You just want flacco to stay at qb be he wont. So it is what it is. You want to have the perfect for lock. News flash it ain't gonna happen. He should just hold the clip board for the next 3 or 4 years.
      I’ve been very clear I want Lock as this teams Qb. I’ve seen enough of Flacco.
      I want him to be comfortable running the offense. I don’t think any QB is ever really ready but he hasn’t been able to grip or throw a ball for 6 weeks.

Wilkinson was allowing his guy a free run at the qb, he can’t play tackle in this league ( he is a guard)
      Leary and Bolles have to hold to much.

McGovern is not an nfl center ( maybe guard)

Risner has played good.

James - I need to see him play.

I want is to get a legit center and Right tackle
      I’d like to see Wilkinson or McGovern move to right guard
      James is like to see at left tackle because he is not strong in the run game.
      sigpic

Comment

• TheAsianPA
        Captain
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        I want him to be comfortable running the offense. I don’t think any QB is ever really ready but he hasn’t been able to grip or throw a ball for 6 weeks.

Wilkinson was allowing his guy a free run at the qb, he can’t play tackle in this league ( he is a guard)

Risner has played good.

None of those offensive line moves are going to happen. At this point in time more shuffling around is likely to make the line even worse than it already is. James coming back is the only change that we should factor in.

Lock isn't going to be playing against the Colts next week. He'd have 2 weeks to practice with this team, likely the ones, before being the starter, which would be week 10 against the Browns. He has been practicing with his own private coach since week 3. There isn't a magic practice number of weeks before someone is ready to play, and likely even then Lock is going to have to work with the Broncos' timeline rather than his own. I wouldn't be surprised if Elway has already told him to be prepared for week 10.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• 58Miller
          Football Immortal
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          None of those offensive line moves are going to happen. At this point in time more shuffling around is likely to make the line even worse than it already is. James coming back is the only change that we should factor in.

Lock isn't going to be playing against the Colts next week. He'd have 2 weeks to practice with this team, likely the ones, before being the starter, which would be week 10 against the Browns. He has been practicing with his own private coach since week 3. There isn't a magic practice number of weeks before someone is ready to play, and likely even then Lock is going to have to work with the Broncos' timeline rather than his own. I wouldn't be surprised if Elway has already told him to be prepared for week 10.
          So next season will go with this same oline?

Elway hasn’t told Lock to be ready week 10
          sigpic

Comment

• TheAsianPA
            Captain
            • Oct 2015

So next season will go with this same oline?

Elway hasn’t told Lock to be ready week 10
            Look. It will be foolish to enter into next season with Lock having zero snaps. Yes, the O-line is bad. However, that is something Lock will have to overcome if he wants to be the starter. He has the mobility and ability to do so, he's shown as much at Missouri, where he did not have a good team around him either.

Next season we will likely spend at least two top picks on offensive linemen if Lock shows any sort of promise. But if we don't play Lock at all, how are we supposed to know if he's someone worth building around?

As far as Flacco goes, Elway knows without a shadow of a doubt that this season is done and Flacco isn't part of the future. There isn't a scenario in my mind where he doesn't start Lock soon.
            Last edited by TheAsianPA; 10-20-2019, 04:33 PM.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• 58Miller
              Football Immortal
              • Jul 2013

Look. It will be foolish to enter into next season with Lock having zero snaps. Yes, the O-line is bad. However, that is something Lock will have to overcome if he wants to be the starter. He has the mobility and ability to do so, he's shown as much at Missouri, where he did not have a good team around him either.

Next season we will likely spend at least two top picks on offensive linemen if Lock shows any sort of promise. But if we don't play Lock at all, how are we supposed to know if he's someone worth building around?

As far as Flacco goes, Elway knows without a shadow of a doubt that this season is done and Flacco isn't part of the future. There isn't a scenario in my mind where he doesn't start Lock soon.
              I agree, I think he should get some games this year. I don’t think he is ready yet.

As far as the oline, I’m fine moving Wilkinson to right guard and drafting or signing a free agent at C and T.

I agree Flacco has held the ball to long at times but tue oline was still getting beat bad, and where were they in the run game?
              sigpic

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                Banned User
                • Dec 2015

Risner has played good.

This is inaccurate. Before the Chargers game Lock did some throwing work on the field, the the first time he had thrown in pregame since his injury in August. The week before the game vs KC Lock said it felt great to throw and he has not had a splint on his right hand and wrist for two weeks.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                  Captain
                  • Aug 2008

I'm under the impression a more mobile QB will help our team tremendously as well. With James hopefully coming back next week, we can start to see a better O-line appear. But otherwise it's foolish to assume Flacco has nothing to do with the poor offensive production.
                  I agree. Our OL is averaging over 2.5 seconds per pass. There are many teams allowing less time. Lock is athletic enough to escape for a few 5 yard scrambles and a few improvised shots outside the pocket.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                    Captain
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    This is inaccurate. Before the Chargers game Lock did some throwing work on the field, the the first time he had thrown in pregame since his injury in August. The week before the game vs KC Lock said it felt great to throw and he has not had a splint on his right hand and wrist for two weeks.
                    Right. Lock was medically cleared to resume throwing after week 3.

Comment

• mozzerpete
                      All-Pro
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                      Likewise. So there you have it.
                      "I will skip over this bc u are bot making sense."

Comment

• mozzerpete
                        All-Pro
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        I agree. Our OL is averaging over 2.5 seconds per pass. There are many teams allowing less time. Lock is athletic enough to escape for a few 5 yard scrambles and a few improvised shots outside the pocket.
                        Where did you find that stat?
                        (I searched but couldn't find it)

How does that 2.5 seconds per pass
                        number compare to seasons before?

Comment

• mozzerpete
                          All-Pro
                          • May 2008

I agree, I think he should get some games this year. I don’t think he is ready yet.

As far as the oline, I’m fine moving Wilkinson to right guard and drafting or signing a free agent at C and T.

I agree Flacco has held the ball to long at times but tue oline was still getting beat bad, and where were they in the run game?
                          With the OL playing this poorly,
                          our only chance of winning
                          is starting two QBs side by side
                          playing hot potato
                          until one of them sees an open receiver.

Comment

• Ondavi
                            Practice Squad
                            • Sep 2019

Confidence levels and score predictions for the next game, please, anyone? I am NOT a sports gambler, but absolutely respect the MANY persons on this entertaining venue that possess much more in-depth knowledge about all things Denver Broncos. Nothing much else, sports-wise, to analyze now that my alma mater stumbled out of the NCAA D-1 football national championship picture for this season. Can't believe just how competitive college football is at or near the top of the heap.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Ondavi View Post
                              Confidence levels and score predictions for the next game, please, anyone? I am NOT a sports gambler, but absolutely respect the MANY persons on this entertaining venue that possess much more in-depth knowledge about all things Denver Broncos. Nothing much else, sports-wise, to analyze now that my alma mater stumbled out of the NCAA D-1 football national championship picture for this season. Can't believe just how competitive college football is at or near the top of the heap.
                              Colts 24, Broncos 20

Comment

• Ondavi
                                Practice Squad
                                • Sep 2019

Thank you for your prognostication.

Comment

Working...
                                X