No announcement yet.

It really is time to move on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate that we would like to think this team is a coach away from being contenders.

Fact of the matter is the FO has had numerous lapses in judgement starting even before the Manning years.

We all know about the 1st round misses, bad FA acquisitions, bad coaching moves, poor retention practices. On and on and on and they keep repeating the same mistakes.

The real problem is the FO as a whole has utterly failed on many levels. They build this team over years of mistakes in both roster and coaching.

I really don’t see how this FO can be defended anymore.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z
      I just want to say that John Elways fate coincides with Joe Eliss. They either live together or die together, anyone who wants me to elaborate on that, just DM me.
      I agree with you on this one.
      I know Elway wanted Mike Shannahan to come in and help him, probably would have meant Kubiak would have joined him, and Ellis didn’t allow it.
      Elway still has made a lot of bad decisions from coaches, to coordinators to player selection.
      The situation in my opinion is only something an owner can fix.
      And I don’t know Brittany Bowlen but I don’t believe she has the life experience to come in and be a strong owner. Hopefully I’m wrong and she comes in and has somebody like Bill Polian as a mentor.
      sigpic

Comment

• How much influence would Baby Shanahan have had on the drafts in Denver with Elway in charge?

Wasn’t one Fangio’s selling points his willingness to let Elway handle things, including much of the coaching staff hires?

Some of you seem to forget that Kyle had about as many wins as VJ his first two seasons. It’s only now that Jimmy G is healthy that he looks like a good head coach.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          Until ownership is resolved the Broncos will be an irrelevant franchise. If the trust continues with the succession plan to develop Brittany Bowlen as the controlling owner, it will take at least five years. Joe Ellis will not fire John Elway. Ellis and the trust are busy with litigation and enjoying the salaries they receive. It’s a nice gig to have a losing franchise while not worrying about the loyalty of the fan base.

It’s become very clear Elway isn’t capable of running football operations. The poor drafts, coaching decisions, lousy free agent signings and inability to find a quarterback led to what we’re seeing. As long as Elway is in charge the losses will mount. The third straight losing losing is inevitable.

With the way Ellis operates it wouldn’t surprise me to see Elway’s contract renewed. Losing has become the new normal in Denver. A once great franchise is now irrelevant, nothing more than a win on the schedule for opposing teams.
          Joe is the only NFL owner who didn’t have to pay for his team and it’s in his better interest to keep John around for reasons not so known to the public.

Their fate coincides together and it is very unfortunate but unless we see the Bowlens victorious in their law suits, we’re going to see these two in control of the team for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            Joe is the only NFL owner who didn’t have to pay for his team and it’s in his better interest to keep John around for reasons not so known to the public.

Their fate coincides together and it is very unfortunate but unless we see the Bowlens victorious in their law suits, we’re going to see these two in control of the team for years to come.
            This is true and it makes my stomach turn.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              How much influence would Baby Shanahan have had on the drafts in Denver with Elway in charge?

Wasn’t one Fangio’s selling points his willingness to let Elway handle things, including much of the coaching staff hires?

Some of you seem to forget that Kyle had about as many wins as VJ his first two seasons. It’s only now that Jimmy G is healthy that he looks like a good head coach.
              A lot of players were injured on the 49ers roster last season. The 49ers have the #2 defense in points and yards allowed per game (only .4 yards per game more than the Patriots). The 49ers are #2 in rush yards per game. It’s more than Jimmy G. John Lynch built a roster to complete on both sides of the ball, along with Kyle Shanahan and Robert Saleh.

Comment

It’s obviously in Joe Ellis’ best interest to drag out the process. Even when Brittany begins working for the Broncos there’s no guarantee the trust will relinquish control. They can drag the process out in litigation a long time.

Comment

It’s obviously in Joe Ellis’ best interest to drag out the process. Even when Brittany begins working for the Broncos there’s no guarantee the trust will relinquish control. They can drag the process out in litigation a long time.
                  Correct and that is why it is vital that these suits make it to the court room where Mike Shanahan could give a proper testimony on the true reasons why he was fired and by who.

Can’t say much in here though

Comment

A lot of players were injured on the 49ers roster last season. The 49ers have the #2 defense in points and yards allowed per game (only .4 yards per game more than the Patriots). The 49ers are #2 in rush yards per game. It’s more than Jimmy G. John Lynch built a roster to complete on both sides of the ball, along with Kyle Shanahan and Robert Saleh.
                    But it ultimately requires a decent QB to tie it all together. We have a top 10 defense. We have a rushing attack in Lindsay amd Freeman that can do some damage. But until we have a QB that our opponent has to respect, none of that means anything. Same story with SF last year vs. this year.

It's not until they got their QB healthy, that defenses actually have to respect that the rest of the team can shine. We can be that, but only when we find a QB. We cannot accomplish that with Flacco. He doesn't scare anyone except his own fans.
                    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Correct and that is why it is vital that these suits make it to the court room where Mike Shanahan could give a proper testimony on the true reasons why he was fired and by who.

Can’t say much in here though
                      Shanahan was fired because he couldn't coach a defense to save his life. Shanahan is out of the league and for good reason. He was a has been by 2008 and I'm glad we moved on.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        Actually, it was allegedly Joe Ellis who put the kibosh on Elway looking Kyle Shanahan's way.
                        I believe you.. I don’t remember this though.. is it because the bad blood with Mike at the time?
                        Follow me on Twitter
                        @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
                          I believe you.. I don’t remember this though.. is it because the bad blood with Mike at the time?
                          Yes. Allegedly Joe felt that with Kyle at the helm it would open the door for Mike to be around the facilities again.

Speaking of, Papa Shanahan is still available. Just saying...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                            But it ultimately requires a decent QB to tie it all together. We have a top 10 defense. We have a rushing attack in Lindsay amd Freeman that can do some damage. But until we have a QB that our opponent has to respect, none of that means anything. Same story with SF last year vs. this year.

It's not until they got their QB healthy, that defenses actually have to respect that the rest of the team can shine. We can be that, but only when we find a QB. We cannot accomplish that with Flacco. He doesn't scare anyone except his own fans.
                            SF has the #2 defense in points allowed and yards per game. Their run game is #2 and it’s not all because of the threat of the pass. They had a ton of injuries last season so it wasn’t just Jimmy G.

I agree though, you have to have a good quarterback. Would 2-6 be worse with Brandon Allen?

Comment

SF has the #2 defense in points allowed and yards per game. Their run game is #2 and it’s not all because of the threat of the pass. They had a ton of injuries last season so it wasn’t just Jimmy G.

I agree though, you have to have a good quarterback. Would 2-6 be worse with Brandon Allen?
                              I think you missed my point. We aren't that far removed from the Niners. We have a top 10 defense. We have what should be a formidable rush attack. Yet the Niners are undefeated and were 4 games below .500.

We don't have a QB that can threaten a defense. Defenses don't have to respect our offense. How did these two teams perform last year? How are they performing this year? Jimmy G is a difference maker under center. We don't have one. That's what separates the Niners and us.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                                I think you missed my point. We aren't that far removed from the Niners. We have a top 10 defense. We have what should be a formidable rush attack. Yet the Niners are undefeated and were 4 games below .500.

We don't have a QB that can threaten a defense. Defenses don't have to respect our offense. How did these two teams perform last year? How are they performing this year? Jimmy G is a difference maker under center. We don't have one. That's what separates the Niners and us.
                                So many Elway defenders saying “we are close.” We aren’t. We are closer to Miami than San Francisco.

Comment

Working...
                                X