It really is time to move on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I think across the board the coaching is better, and they have a strong offensive line. The run game is strong for them, and as a result Jimmy G doesn't have to do much. Our run game is mediocre at best, but our passing game may be among the worst in the league.
    Personally I think our running game can be dominant. Lindsay and Freeman could both be dynamic playmakers in this league. We've seen flashes of it here and there. But when you don't have a QB that can threaten a D, the opponent can stack the box and shut down your running game fairly easily.

We saw exactly that last week. The Chiefs committed to stopping our RBs and the result was a ton of one and two yard carries. More and more teams are going to be doing just that. They're going to commit to stopping Lindsay and Freeman and making Flacco try and beat them. And that's not a bad strategy to employ against a QB that hasn't thrown a TD in 3 weeks.

If we had Jimmy G, would we be 2-6? I highly doubt it. If the Niners had Flacco, would they be undefeated? I don't know of anyone that could answer yes with a straight face. QB is the only real difference between us and SF. I really don't think their roster is significantly better than ours.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
      Personally I think our running game can be dominant. Lindsay and Freeman could both be dynamic playmakers in this league. We've seen flashes of it here and there. But when you don't have a QB that can threaten a D, the opponent can stack the box and shut down your running game fairly easily.

We saw exactly that last week. The Chiefs committed to stopping our RBs and the result was a ton of one and two yard carries. More and more teams are going to be doing just that. They're going to commit to stopping Lindsay and Freeman and making Flacco try and beat them. And that's not a bad strategy to employ against a QB that hasn't thrown a TD in 3 weeks.

If we had Jimmy G, would we be 2-6? I highly doubt it. If the Niners had Flacco, would they be undefeated? I don't know of anyone that could answer yes with a straight face. QB is the only real difference between us and SF. I really don't think their roster is significantly better than ours.
      We get the point about the QB however, it’s a fact we don’t have one. On that aspect alone our roster isn’t close to SF. We do not have a legitimate LT or RT. Bolles is a stone cold bust. James isn’t a good RT because he cannot stay on the field. We need a better RG and center. We do not have a legitimate TE and SF has one.

Our defense allows 80 more yards and nearly twice the points per game. Although we have a good defense it’s not even close to SF.

The roster is no where near SF. They beat down the Panthers today with 51 points. It would take this offense 4-5 games to score 51.

Thinking we were close to winning is what Elway thought over the last few years. The Broncos are 13-27 since 2017. We are not close and comparing the Broncos to a 7-0 49ers is way off base.

Comment

I don't think we're nearly as close to the 49ers. I think the offensive line has massive issues that the 49ers aren't dealing with, and that it took 3-4 years of drafting for them to fix. Aside from Risner, you could argue we need an entirely new O-line. On top of that, we don't have a George Kittle receiving or blocking threat. Flacco however I agree is the biggest issue of them all, being immobile, inaccurate, and unable to extend plays is probably the biggest difference of the two.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          We get the point about the QB however, it’s a fact we don’t have one. On that aspect alone our roster isn’t close to SF. We do not have a legitimate LT or RT. Bolles is a stone cold bust. James isn’t a good RT because he cannot stay on the field. We need a better RG and center. We do not have a legitimate TE and SF has one.

Our defense allows 80 more yards and nearly twice the points per game. Although we have a good defense it’s not even close to SF.

The roster is no where near SF. They beat down the Panthers today with 51 points. It would take this offense 4-5 games to score 51.

Thinking we were close to winning is what Elway thought over the last few years. The Broncos are 13-27 since 2017. We are not close and comparing the Broncos to a 7-0 49ers is way off base.
          If you think that highly of them, let me ask you: if these two teams swapped QBs today, do you really think the Niners would have put up 50? If the Niners had Flacco as their week 1 starter, do you really think they would be undefeated?

Our o-line sucks, I'll give you that much. We need to move on from Bolles this offseason, for sure. But how much of it is they aren't good and how much is it they are blocking for an old statue? If Rodgers was behind our line, would they look nearly as bad?

Point is we have a roster that is ready to compete. I cannot honestly say any different. We may not quite be on the Niners level, but I have no reason to believe they are miles ahead of where we are.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

If you think that highly of them, let me ask you: if these two teams swapped QBs today, do you really think the Niners would have put up 50? If the Niners had Flacco as their week 1 starter, do you really think they would be undefeated?

Our o-line sucks, I'll give you that much. We need to move on from Bolles this offseason, for sure. But how much of it is they aren't good and how much is it they are blocking for an old statue? If Rodgers was behind our line, would they look nearly as bad?

Point is we have a roster that is ready to compete. I cannot honestly say any different. We may not quite be on the Niners level, but I have no reason to believe they are miles ahead of where we are.
            That’s a false argument because Elway failed to draft/develop a quarterback or sign a decent veteran. The Broncos don’t have quality tackles, legitimate TE or a second WR threat. SF ran for 232 yards today including a long run by Coleman. When’s the last time you saw Lindsay or Freeman break a long run in a regular season game? Coleman has the line to open those lanes. Jimmy G only passed for 175 yards today.

SF’s defense is holding teams to 10 points per game. Did you see them collapse at the end of a close game last weekend? No, they held up.

Our roster isn’t close to SF...not even in the same discussion.

Comment

That’s a false argument because Elway failed to draft/develop a quarterback or sign a decent veteran. The Broncos don’t have quality tackles, legitimate TE or a second WR threat. SF ran for 232 yards today including a long run by Coleman. When’s the last time you saw Lindsay or Freeman break a long run in a regular season game? Coleman has the line to open those lanes. Jimmy G only passed for 175 yards today.

SF’s defense is holding teams to 10 points per game. Did you see them collapse at the end of a close game last weekend? No, they held up.

Our roster isn’t close to SF...not even in the same discussion.
              It's not an argument at all; I'm asking for your opinion. If SF were starting Flacco the past 7 games, do you think they would be undefeated? Do you think they would be over .500?
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

It's not an argument at all; I'm asking for your opinion. If SF were starting Flacco the past 7 games, do you think they would be undefeated? Do you think they would be over .500?
                I would have to see Flacco play in SF.

Comment

I would have to see Flacco play in SF.
                  Aw, come on man. Live a little. I'm asking your opinion on a complete hypothetical. There are no wrong answers. Its not like I'm going to get offended if you say they would be undefeated with Flacco. I'd think you're wrong, but its not like I could prove it.

Personally, I think if Flacco was in SF, they would probably in the same boat as us. Joe would probably have them no better than 2-5/3-4.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Aw, come on man. Live a little. I'm asking your opinion on a complete hypothetical. There are no wrong answers. Its not like I'm going to get offended if you say they would be undefeated with Flacco. I'd think you're wrong, but its not like I could prove it.

Personally, I think if Flacco was in SF, they would probably in the same boat as us. Joe would probably have them no better than 2-5/3-4.
                    oh gosh no no no. So i am very much against Flacco and he's awful, but the 9ers are in another galaxy next to this team. Their defense is far better than ours, and ours is good, that says something. Their running game is lightyears ahead of ours, their line is lightyears ahead of ours, their TE is lightyears ahead of ours, their coaching is lightyears ahead of ours. Jimmy G isnt even that good, he's better than flacco in that he can be a game manager but he hasn't had to do anything impressive. look at his stats from this 50 point game. pretty pedestrian. No even Flacco would not cause the 9ers to have the record we do

Comment

• Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
                      oh gosh no no no. So i am very much against Flacco and he's awful, but the 9ers are in another galaxy next to this team. Their defense is far better than ours, and ours is good, that says something. Their running game is lightyears ahead of ours, their line is lightyears ahead of ours, their TE is lightyears ahead of ours, their coaching is lightyears ahead of ours. Jimmy G isnt even that good, he's better than flacco in that he can be a game manager but he hasn't had to do anything impressive. look at his stats from this 50 point game. pretty pedestrian. No even Flacco would not cause the 9ers to have the record we do
                      Agreed.
                      On offense alone, here's how they matchup on paper.

WRs
                      SF: Pettis, Goodwin, Samuel, Hurd, (Sanders)
                      DEN: Sutton, (Sanders)

TEs
                      SF: Kittle, Celek
                      DEN: Fant, Heuerman

RBs
                      SF: Breida, Coleman, McKinnon
                      DEN: Lindsay, Freeman

FB
                      SF:Juszczyk
                      DEN: Jano

Staley / Bolles
                      Tomlinson / Risner
                      Richburg / McGovern
                      Person / Leary (toss up)
                      McGlinchey / James

Comment

Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
                        Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                        Agreed.
                        On offense alone, here's how they matchup on paper.

WRs
                        SF: Pettis, Goodwin, Samuel, Hurd, (Sanders)
                        DEN: Sutton, (Sanders)

TEs
                        SF: Kittle, Celek
                        DEN: Fant, Heuerman

RBs
                        SF: Breida, Coleman, McKinnon
                        DEN: Lindsay, Freeman

FB
                        SF:Juszczyk
                        DEN: Jano

Staley / Bolles
                        Tomlinson / Risner
                        Richburg / McGovern
                        Person / Leary (toss up)
                        McGlinchey / James
                        “Light years ahead” sums it up. Add coaching to the list.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                          Elway's first mistake was to hire Vance Joseph over Kyle Shanahan.
                          Again, this ignores the coach-front office dynamic.

The same dynamic that exists in San Francisco would not likely exist in Denver with Elway in charge.

Do we even know that Kyle Shanahan would have taken the Broncos job, if offered?
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
                            I'm sure this won't be popular with many, but this team is just a mess and it's mostly due to major talent issues created by Elway. This just can't be allowed to continue. He had a good run, but now that Manning is gone it's really rather obvious that he's just not a very good GM. Time to move on. Otherwise I fear we are on our way to being a perennial loser for years to come.
                            Replace Elway, replace coaches, replace players. One thing will remain constant, JOE ELLIS.
                            He will remain in place until moved by ownership.
                            Therefore, UNTIL THE OWNERSHIP MESS is figured out, it dosnt matter who the GM is or isnt, will just be more of the same............imho..............
                            sigpic
                            AMPIPE

Comment

• My opinion time to move on from JE! I love the guy personally, but he has made bad bad decisions ! I actually see him stepping down, my opinion. Well maybe some inside scoop ! This team is awful , and the HC is a joke ! Had oppurtunity for younger better coaches and we passed !! We need an offensive minded coach , you can always get a good d coordinator !! Im out !1

Comment

• Originally posted by ex-kicker View Post
                                My opinion time to move on from JE! I love the guy personally, but he has made bad bad decisions ! I actually see him stepping down, my opinion. Well maybe some inside scoop ! This team is awful , and the HC is a joke ! Had oppurtunity for younger better coaches and we passed !! We need an offensive minded coach , you can always get a good d coordinator !! Im out !1
                                Hi, Treadwell!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X