It really is time to move on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Again, this ignores the coach-front office dynamic.

The same dynamic that exists in San Francisco would not likely exist in Denver with Elway in charge.

Do we even know that Kyle Shanahan would have taken the Broncos job, if offered?
    Shanahan would not take the Broncos job. Elway is one of just two GMs in the NFL (the other being Jerry Jones) who demand to be the face of management. In the other 30 teams, head coach is the face.

Because of that, only less qualified coaches will be attracted to Denver and Dallas.

John Lynch was a great player, but he wasn’t a 49ers legend who overshadows everyone in the organization.

Comment

• It really is time to move on.

If it wasn't yesterday, it damn sure is today
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Mark Schlereth comes on at the 2:30 mark

Mark Schlereth says he doesn’t trust John Elway to fix the Broncos

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/3...hn-elway-rant/

Everyone in Broncos Country loves John Elway the quarterback.

John Elway the general manager? He’s losing fans by the day, including former teammate Mark Schlereth.

Speaking on FS1, the former Broncos offensive lineman said he doesn’t trust Elway to fix what’s wrong with the franchise, which is currently 2-6 and staring down its fourth straight season without a playoff appearance.

“How did he fix it in the first place? He found himself a unicorn… Peyton Manning,” Schlereth said on Speak For Yourself. “Peyton Manning makes up for a multitude of sins. Guess what all the quarterbacks he’s gone after so far don’t make up for: a multitude of sins. And there are sins all over this football teams.

“This football team lacks depth, they lack talent, they lack grit, they lack toughness. You name it, they don’t have it. That’s where they are right now. They haven’t had an offensive line that’s worth a squirt of urine in five years.”

Schlereth then went off on left tackle and former first-round pick Garett Bolles, whose struggles with holding penalties have continued this season. As has been the case this season, Schlereth refused to refer Bolles by his name, instead calling him “72.”

“You think you can continue to run him out and not every guy in that locker room is (angry)? `Why is he on our team? Why is he playing? Why does he get this opportunity?'” Schlereth said. “No other guy gets that? Why does he get it?”

You can watch Schlereth’s rant in its entirety here:

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/11892...-elway-rant%2F

Comment

• Mark can get behind the scenes and talk to ppl who can give an honest assessment.

There is talk that even those involved in the organization no longer had faith in John.

Mark has been calling John a “Delusional GM”, for two seasons now.

We can’t attack those who can get closer than most and then give a fair and balanced opinion.

Mark is right not to trust John.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
            Shanahan would not take the Broncos job. Elway is one of just two GMs in the NFL (the other being Jerry Jones) who demand to be the face of management. In the other 30 teams, head coach is the face.

Because of that, only less qualified coaches will be attracted to Denver and Dallas.

John Lynch was a great player, but he wasn’t a 49ers legend who overshadows everyone in the organization.
            If Eliss is removed by the Arapaho county court and Beth is awarded the team, there’s s good chance Shanahan would be back coaching here.

Comment

• Scherleth and Bolles..... it’s like he kicked Scherleth’s dog or something. Yes, Bolles was a terrible pick, we all know that. But, this isn’t the first time a team has played a first round pick too long.

On the opposite, had they cut Bolles last year, how many people would be saying we gave up on him too quick? They wanted to see if Munchak could get something out of Bolles, he hasn’t, it is what it is.

Also, in fairness, they really don’t have any other option but to play him at this point. It’s not like there’s another LT available they could just plug in.

Elway’s been a disaster ever since Manning, nearly every move he’s made has backfired, some of its been bad luck, other times the moves were just obviously bad from the start. At minimum he clearly needs help at this point, as it’s obvious he doesn’t know how to fix the team.

But, Scherleth’s never ending rants about Bolles are like pulling one piece of corn out of the entire steaming pile of poop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                If Eliss is removed by the Arapaho county court and Beth is awarded the team, there’s s good chance Shanahan would be back coaching here.

Yeah go back to the 5:10 mark of the video above...Whitlock asks why Kyle Shanahan isn't our coach and Mark comes in and says Elway wanted to hire him but "The Board" didn't!

If that's the case then I'll take half of my 'heat' off Elway and transfer it to "The Board"!!! :brick:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                  Mark Schlereth comes on at the 2:30 mark

Mark Schlereth says he doesn’t trust John Elway to fix the Broncos

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/3...hn-elway-rant/

Everyone in Broncos Country loves John Elway the quarterback.

John Elway the general manager? He’s losing fans by the day, including former teammate Mark Schlereth.

Speaking on FS1, the former Broncos offensive lineman said he doesn’t trust Elway to fix what’s wrong with the franchise, which is currently 2-6 and staring down its fourth straight season without a playoff appearance.

“How did he fix it in the first place? He found himself a unicorn… Peyton Manning,” Schlereth said on Speak For Yourself. “Peyton Manning makes up for a multitude of sins. Guess what all the quarterbacks he’s gone after so far don’t make up for: a multitude of sins. And there are sins all over this football teams.

“This football team lacks depth, they lack talent, they lack grit, they lack toughness. You name it, they don’t have it. That’s where they are right now. They haven’t had an offensive line that’s worth a squirt of urine in five years.”

Schlereth then went off on left tackle and former first-round pick Garett Bolles, whose struggles with holding penalties have continued this season. As has been the case this season, Schlereth refused to refer Bolles by his name, instead calling him “72.”

“You think you can continue to run him out and not every guy in that locker room is (angry)? `Why is he on our team? Why is he playing? Why does he get this opportunity?'” Schlereth said. “No other guy gets that? Why does he get it?”

You can watch Schlereth’s rant in its entirety here:

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/11892...-elway-rant%2F
                  Interesting video. I also heard some damning story on ESPN radio in the middle of the night about Denver's woes.

But I think it is just as important to call Elway out as it is what's above him. ......... as they talk about in the video. Not making excuses for Elway ...... the board isn't drafting. But they did veto coach hires such as Shanny which I still am hot over
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                    Interesting video. I also heard some damning story on ESPN radio in the middle of the night about Denver's woes.

But I think it is just as important to call Elway out as it is what's above him. ......... as they talk about in the video. Not making excuses for Elway ...... the board isn't drafting. But they did veto coach hires such as Shanny which I still am hot over

Yeah that's why I said I'll take 'half' (50%) of my heat off Elway...I was putting/blaming him 100% before hearing what "Stink" said about The Board.

I'm also thinking/feeling Kyle would have been a better judge of talent and more influential in the draft room with Elway.

Comment

• I think Elway would be fine in Ellis' spot. Then we hire kubiak as a GM and tell Elway you just sit there and smile .

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                        I think Elway would be fine in Ellis' spot. Then we hire kubiak as a GM and tell Elway you just sit there and smile .
                        Yesterday I was thinking the same thing about Kubiak if/when Elway steps down/gets fired/gets promoted.

I always want someone with Orange & Blue blood to remain in that seat and not some outsider. I think Kubiak would be perfect if given the right amount of leeway.

Comment

I think Elway would be fine in Ellis' spot. Then we hire kubiak as a GM and tell Elway you just sit there and smile .
                          No way Elway takes a ceremonial role in the organization

Comment

I believe that would only make matters worse. We all heard Mark say that Garrett Bowles is being marched out there by somebody, It’s Not Vic Fangio. Many of us close to the team here in Arapahoe county feel like there is somebody else in the front office saying that “Connor McGovern has to start, Ron Larry has to start, Jeff Heuerman when healthy has to start”.

There is somebody telling these coaches that these guys must start and if we put John Elway in the position of Joe Ellis is holding, it would only make matters worse.

I said it three years ago after the 2016 season and I’m going to see it again Denver needs a functioning owner to hold these guys accountable. The guy that is spending the money out of his own pocket is the guy that needs to be running this team and front office.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                              No way Elway takes a ceremonial role in the organization
                              Exactly! He either controls everything or he won’t be involved.

Comment

Absolutely not. Elway needs not be apart of any power or decision making role.
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                                X