Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It really is time to move on.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well and astutely observed, conceived, and written, Bronchoyeararound. Thank you for the perspective, although a bit saddening as to the realities that you share. Goodnight, or good day. . .

    Comment


    • Right on brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        John Elway is not doing this job for a paycheck. He is doing it because he's an ultra competitive person.

        There is absolutely a reason to rebuttal your statement. Elway could've retired in the 90s. You honestly think he is doing this for a paycheck? Seriously. He wants to win.
        I don't know how you can definitively say that. The facts are that he is the highest paid GM in the league by no small margin- he is making $10m a year. That raise was obtained a few months after the Garrett Bolles selection. Hard to say he's not doing it for a paycheck when he's the highest paid at his job and nowhere near the top performers currently.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
          Every time I watch Wilson play it brings a tear to my eye. This is one of another reason of the long list of reasons why Elway should be resigned. Wilson should have been our Qb but who did we choose while Wilson was on the clock?

          Hm Osweiler I think....heck he was even dismissed by the browns he was so awful...oh wah wah I'm Living in the past. Yup I still think of the Lynch Prescott...Elway needs to go I loved him as a qb but as a gm he is mediocre. He had a good run early on but by all means the Qb he misses on is just mindblowing.

          Back to my Wilson argument he had all the tools to run what we did successfully but Elway passed on him...for Os...I forget who the poster was back then that knew before Wilson was drafted that said he'd be special and hey that poster was right.

          Russ is clutch and he's a multi threat can beat you with his legs or arm. He has a lot of game winning drives one of which was against us when we had Manning. Guys a baller I just don't see how Elway passed on this guy knowing he needed a Qb he had to have looked at the tape between the two...oh well Russ would have been great for us.


          That was some game tonight...once Lock stinks up the field because I don't have faith in Elway drafted QBs and Lock is yet another project I don't want Elway around for the next eventual Qb successor. I say Lock will last until next season due to the limited sample size he may get this year but once the writing is on the wall and if Elway is still the gm I fully expect the pitch forks to be out. They should be out right now but that would cement that scenario in my opinion.
          Russell Wilson is soooo amazing. I was thinking the same thing. Furthermore, I kept thinking why oh why didn’t we hire Kyle Shanahan instead of Fangio. Don’t get it.

          It’s definitely time for Elway to go. So many head scratching moves resulting in a 3 win losing season.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

          Comment


          • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Russell Wilson is soooo amazing. I was thinking the same thing. Furthermore, I kept thinking why oh why didn’t we hire Kyle Shanahan instead of Fangio. Don’t get it.

            It’s definitely time for Elway to go. So many head scratching moves resulting in a 3 win losing season.
            You mean instead of Vance Joseph.

            But yeah...every time I watch the 49ers offense I just shake my head with a slight tear in my eye knowing that should've been our HC and our offense had Elway hired Baby Shanny instead of his man-crush.

            It's been talked about on here (see page 50) that Elway actually wanted to hire Baby Shanny but "The Board" (people above Elway) blocked it.
            Last edited by Mel B.; 11-12-2019, 04:54 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post
              Gross. Don't say that. I don't think I could cheer for the Bezos Broncos.
              Hahahahaha what do you know about Bezos that the rest don’t

              Comment


              • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                Russell Wilson is soooo amazing. I was thinking the same thing. Furthermore, I kept thinking why oh why didn’t we hire Kyle Shanahan instead of Fangio. Don’t get it.

                It’s definitely time for Elway to go. So many head scratching moves resulting in a 3 win losing season.
                At the end of last season, Kyle Shanahan was HC of the Niners. Was he interviewing for other HC jobs at that time? The finalists for Denver's HC after Vance Joseph was fired were Vic Fangio and Mike Munchak IIRC. Was Kyle even available then?
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                  You mean instead of Vance Joseph.

                  But yeah...every time I watch the 49ers offense I just shake my head with a slight tear in my eye knowing that should've been our HC and our offense had Elway hired Baby Shanny instead of his man-crush.

                  It's been talked about on here (see page 50) that Elway actually wanted to hire Baby Shanny but "The Board" (people above Elway) blocked it.
                  Oh that's right, it was Vance Joseph and not Fangio. That makes it even worse. lol
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    At the end of last season, Kyle Shanahan was HC of the Niners. Was he interviewing for other HC jobs at that time? The finalists for Denver's HC after Vance Joseph was fired were Vic Fangio and Mike Munchak IIRC. Was Kyle even available then?
                    Yup, made a mistake that we hired VJ and not Kyle, not during the Fangio hire.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                      You mean instead of Vance Joseph.

                      But yeah...every time I watch the 49ers offense I just shake my head with a slight tear in my eye knowing that should've been our HC and our offense had Elway hired Baby Shanny instead of his man-crush.

                      It's been talked about on here (see page 50) that Elway actually wanted to hire Baby Shanny but "The Board" (people above Elway) blocked it.
                      I heard the fact that Matt Russell was a college buddy of Vance Joseph was the true reason he was hired.
                      In fact Elway wanted to hire him back in 2015 when Cincinnati refused the interview.

                      Also heard that Adam Gase and the dolphins laughed their butts off when VJ was hired in 2017.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        I heard the fact that Matt Russell was a college buddy of Vance Joseph was the true reason he was hired.
                        In fact Elway wanted to hire him back in 2015 when Cincinnati refused the interview.

                        Also heard that Adam Gase and the dolphins laughed their butts off when VJ was hired in 2017.
                        Who the hell is Adam Gase to be laughing?

                        Kubiak originally wanted Joseph to be the DC. They went with Wade Phillips because Cincinnati wouldn’t let Joseph go.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          Oh that's right, it was Vance Joseph and not Fangio. That makes it even worse. lol
                          LOL!!!

                          I don't blame you for forgetting about that person at all.

                          But it is depressing seeing the 9ers play knowing that we should be in year 3 of the Baby Shanny era rather than digging out from 2 years of the VJ 'error'.
                          Last edited by Mel B.; 11-12-2019, 07:45 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            I heard the fact that Matt Russell was a college buddy of Vance Joseph was the true reason he was hired.
                            In fact Elway wanted to hire him back in 2015 when Cincinnati refused the interview.

                            Also heard that Adam Gase and the dolphins laughed their butts off when VJ was hired in 2017.

                            Yeah I remember when Elway wanted his man-crush to be our DC. Cincy saved us temporarily but they both eventually found their way back to each other.

                            Gase was gleefully thanking Elway for taking his (Gase) bad decision of hiring VJ as his DC and making an even bad-er decision of hiring VJ as his (Elway) HC.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Who the hell is Adam Gase to be laughing?

                              Kubiak originally wanted Joseph to be the DC. They went with Wade Phillips because Cincinnati wouldn’t let Joseph go.
                              They went with Wade Phillips because that's who Kubiak wanted and that was his DC in Houston. The prime mover behind the VJ deal was Matt Russell.

                              Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                                Every time I watch Wilson play it brings a tear to my eye. This is one of another reason of the long list of reasons why Elway should be resigned. Wilson should have been our Qb but who did we choose while Wilson was on the clock?

                                Hm Osweiler I think....heck he was even dismissed by the browns he was so awful...oh wah wah I'm Living in the past. Yup I still think of the Lynch Prescott...Elway needs to go I loved him as a qb but as a gm he is mediocre. He had a good run early on but by all means the Qb he misses on is just mindblowing.

                                Back to my Wilson argument he had all the tools to run what we did successfully but Elway passed on him...for Os...I forget who the poster was back then that knew before Wilson was drafted that said he'd be special and hey that poster was right.

                                Russ is clutch and he's a multi threat can beat you with his legs or arm. He has a lot of game winning drives one of which was against us when we had Manning. Guys a baller I just don't see how Elway passed on this guy knowing he needed a Qb he had to have looked at the tape between the two...oh well Russ would have been great for us.


                                That was some game tonight...once Lock stinks up the field because I don't have faith in Elway drafted QBs and Lock is yet another project I don't want Elway around for the next eventual Qb successor. I say Lock will last until next season due to the limited sample size he may get this year but once the writing is on the wall and if Elway is still the gm I fully expect the pitch forks to be out. They should be out right now but that would cement that scenario in my opinion.
                                This is a total 20/20 hindsight judgement. Russell was a 3rd round pick, a diamond in the rough, much like Tom Brady in the 6th. Every team in the league passed on these guys multiple times.

                                Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X