It really is time to move on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ondavi View Post
    Has John Elway has "granted" or availed himself to any recent media one-on-whatever interviews publicly expressing his "contribution," and direct responsibility for this team's poor performance and complete lack of sporting entertainment, especially for the "prices paid" in ALL aspects, please? If so, I missed this interaction with the public/fans, loyal patrons and supporters of the Broncos, financially and emotionally. Did I miss a "heart-to-heart" from him to all? Thank you for any update. . .
    We aren’t going to see that, John is in a class with the likes of Vince McMahon, Donald Trump, and Ted Turner. Hahahahaha Jerry Jones 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
      I swear if this isn't the most "Hold My Beer" franchise.

If there's a negative record to break/set we'll most likely find it and have our way with it! SMH!!!

Comment

• As has been thoroughly discussed, this FO will remain as long as the Trust is in control. My only hope is that the FO can actually stop and properly assess their overall approach to this roster and franchise. I think a lot of the issues have been due to a certain amount of closed minded hubris.

I really don't feel obligated to re-hash all of the head scratching things that have happened over the last few years. Bottom line is this franchise has been on a steady and sharp decline for many years. They keep doing the same things over and over and it's netting poor results.

Please try and take a different approach and start admitting you (the FO) are 100% responsible for the sad state of this franchise.

I find it a little ironic that I see so many posts like "We don't want to become the Browns". Guess what.... We've become a turnstile at QB and HC. We are well below .500 every year. We've become a punchline on a national level. I think we're already becoming a bottom feeder.

Please, for the love of this franchise, turn it around. Admit that a carousel of FAs and HCs is not the answer. Stabilize this organization and start making pragmatic decisions.
        sigpic

Comment

• Don't you just loooove Sam Z's analogy of John Elway being "in the class with Vince McMahon. . . ", etc.! Awesome BULLSEYE, Sam Z, and thank you for the pleasant laugh your spot-on comparison brought! It's incredibly stunning, beyond understanding why John Elway hasn't made ANY public commentary expressing his sentiments regarding this disappointing, unpleasant, and certainly frustrating season and overall situation related to the Denver Broncos. He has an increasingly nasty, negative public relations situation that is in the midst of destroying his reputation, and image. Does anyone recall the following: "the WORST kind of communication is NO communication?" Throw us a bone, John, that tastes like regret, remorse, reconstruction, resolve, and, what else. . . ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ondavi View Post
            Don't you just loooove Sam Z's analogy of John Elway being "in the class with Vince McMahon. . . ", etc.! Awesome BULLSEYE, Sam Z, and thank you for the pleasant laugh your spot-on comparison brought! It's incredibly stunning, beyond understanding why John Elway hasn't made ANY public commentary expressing his sentiments regarding this disappointing, unpleasant, and certainly frustrating season and overall situation related to the Denver Broncos. He has an increasingly nasty, negative public relations situation that is in the midst of destroying his reputation, and image. Does anyone recall the following: "the WORST kind of communication is NO communication?" Throw us a bone, John, that tastes like regret, remorse, reconstruction, resolve, and, what else. . . ?

I don’t know how Joe can be content allowing John to finish out his contract just to avoid a public outcry! This is a business and he’s got to be feeling it in the check book.

Joe, do what’s right and humble not only him, but also those who think he’s untouchable...!

Comment

• The Broncos are staring down a third straight losing season. The record sits at 14-29 over three seasons, realistically 15-33 or 14-34 after 2019. Three head coaches and eight quarterbacks over four seasons (nine if Lock starts a game in 2019). This team is trending in the wrong direction.

People are lying to themselves if they think this team hasn’t been blown out like what happened under the previous coach. Are memories so short to not remember the debacle on Thursday Night Football vs Chiefs, led by Matt Moore? The Bills held the Broncos to 1.7 yards per possession on their last five drives. The Broncos had their lowest offensive production in 27 years and the defense allowed 244 yards rushing. On what planet does that look like improvement?

Elway signed Ja’Wuan James for $51 million, a player who was just called out by Fangio for not being “emotionally and mentally prepared to play”. How did Elway not see this coming with a player who showed up every other season in Miami? The same way he signed Menelik Watson and Donald Stevenson, failed attempts to makeup for poor drafting.

This roster is virtually worthless with the exception of a few players on defense and offense. The Offensive Coordinator needs to go back to coaching DIII football. Special Teams is a disgrace.

John Elway needs to go.
              Last edited by Fantaztic7; 11-27-2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• What we have more than anything is a product on the field which is lacking in talent. We simply don’t have enough playmakers.

That is the direct result of Elway’s poor drafting. What do people expect the team to look like when Elway has missed on almost all his first and second round picks over the last nine drafts? You can’t cover up nine years of below average drafting in the most important rounds.

There is nowhere left for Elway to hide. We see him for the failure he has made of the team we love.

Comment

• Very well written, stated, and emphasized, with insightful statistics and valid observations. Given such, please help me understand WHY Elway hasn't attempted to publicly address this reality that he is clearly responsible for helping to create, as he continues to personally collect a RIDICULOUS amount ($10,000,000.00 plus a percentage of annual revenue!) monies from the organization for this confirmed poor, unsatisfactory job performance? He is arguably a reasonably intelligent businessman, so why is he allowing his fans to change their beloved feelings and honor towards him by not communicating ANYTHING from regret to frustration to remorse to whatever to them? Wasn't it once said, "Fame can last for 10 to 20 minutes, but INFAMY only one or two minutes?" My quote may be off a bit, but the concept is valid. Can he even be persuaded by ANYONE to try to "save face" by just communicating? If you were in his Italian shoes, what would YOU do at this time? Magnum ciao!

Comment

• No, infamy will last forever. . .

Comment

• John Elway certainly deserves a portion of the blame as to what has happened the last three years, but I hardly ever see anybody mentioning Joe Ellis. Not sure many people realize this but Kyle Shanahan not getting a chance in DEN has a lot to do with Ellis and the history there with Mike Shanahan. John Elway wanted to bring in Mike Shanahan this off-season but was veto'd by Ellis, a story that has been long lost in the 3-8 struggles. It's the easy solution to say "Fire John Elway" but it's much harder for people to dive in to the reality of what's going on with the team without an acting owner. There is blame and accountability that can go around. Has John Elway missed on QB? So far yes, and it's a damn hard job to find one. Has he had an impressive draft in back to back seasons? Absolutely he has.

Fans need to embrace that this team is rebuilding and that it will be ugly for 1-2 years (at the most hopefully). Kyle Shanahan took the 49ers through a rebuild where his first two seasons were awful. He's been able to build through the draft and free agency the last two seasons and so far it's paid off in year 3.

The players I've spoken to love what Vic Fangio and this staff have done so far within the culture and are wanting to build on that heading into next year.
                      Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

Comment

• Originally posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
                        John Elway certainly deserves a portion of the blame as to what has happened the last three years, but I hardly ever see anybody mentioning Joe Ellis. Not sure many people realize this but Kyle Shanahan not getting a chance in DEN has a lot to do with Ellis and the history there with Mike Shanahan. John Elway wanted to bring in Mike Shanahan this off-season but was veto'd by Ellis, a story that has been long lost in the 3-8 struggles. It's the easy solution to say "Fire John Elway" but it's much harder for people to dive in to the reality of what's going on with the team without an acting owner. There is blame and accountability that can go around. Has John Elway missed on QB? So far yes, and it's a damn hard job to find one. Has he had an impressive draft in back to back seasons? Absolutely he has.

Fans need to embrace that this team is rebuilding and that it will be ugly for 1-2 years (at the most hopefully). Kyle Shanahan took the 49ers through a rebuild where his first two seasons were awful. He's been able to build through the draft and free agency the last two seasons and so far it's paid off in year 3.

The players I've spoken to love what Vic Fangio and this staff have done so far within the culture and are wanting to build on that heading into next year.
                        I thought the theory of Ellis to blame for no baby Shanahan was already debunked.

Wasn’t he even okay with Mike returning as long as there was an extensive search before bringing him back?
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                        Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          I thought the theory of Ellis to blame for no baby Shanahan was already debunked.

Wasn’t he even okay with Mike returning as long as there was an extensive search before bringing him back?
                          It's something people have lost in the madness of the struggles. Going back to the piece Woody Paige put out, it was noted that Ellis was strongly against bringing back Mike Shanahan.
                          Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I don’t know how Joe can be content allowing John to finish out his contract just to avoid a public outcry! This is a business and he’s got to be feeling it in the check book.

Joe, do what’s right and humble not only him, but also those who think he’s untouchable...!
                            Yeah, I don't think either Ellis or Elway have any trouble looking in the mirror. They have brought 5 AFC championships and 2 SBs within the last 10yrs so I don't think their worried about their reputations. LOL. They may be down at this time but they will be back. Please......give them a little time. They are human.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
                              Yeah, I don't think either Ellis or Elway have any trouble looking in the mirror. They have brought 5 AFC championships and 2 SBs within the last 10yrs so I don't think their worried about their reputations. LOL. They may be down at this time but they will be back. Please......give them a little time. They are human.
                              The truth is that it wasn’t John nor Joe it was all Peyton Manning, Gary Kubiak, Wade Philips and John Fox. Without those guys there are no division titles and there is no Super Bowl victory.

This is the worst stretch ever in Broncos history. If John doesn’t go anywhere neither will the Broncos.

It’s not for the courage of the fearless crew, the minnow would be lost and so would you

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                                The truth is that it wasn’t John nor Joe it was all Peyton Manning, Gary Kubiak, Wade Philips and John Fox. Without those guys there are no division titles and there is no Super Bowl victory.

This is the worst stretch ever in Broncos history. If John doesn’t go anywhere neither will the Broncos.

It’s not for the courage of the fearless crew, the minnow would be lost and so would you
                                So, the 2015 world championship roster just magically formed itself?
                                To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                                X