X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    A GM who can’t draft is like a quarterback who can’t pass. He might be able to win an occasional game by running himself or call good pre-snap audibles, but it is not a sustainable skill set (think Tim Tebow). If Bronco fans are satisfied with the 2019 draft because Dalton Risner is a starter as a rookie, it shows how badly we have been deprived of good drafting. It is not exceptional for second rounders to start. Risner is promising, but still only modestly performing above expectation.
    (Since you mentioned Tebow)
    Tebow was good enough to lead the Broncos to the playoffs and defeat the Steelers in 2011.
    I wonder what would have been Denver's fate if Tebow continued at the helm for the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    You do you. Fine. But I ask seriously, how many losing seasons would you endure before you call Elway’s leadership into question? There is nine years’ worth of statistical data to show he has drastically underperformed in drafting (which is 70% of a GM’s job). All other problems stem from scientifically confirmed bad drafting.
    Just curious, where did you get "70% of a GM’s job is drafting" ?

Also, what percent of a GM's job is: Trades, Free Agency, Contracts, Coaching Staff, etc.?

Leave a comment:

• JW7
    replied
    A GM who can’t draft is like a quarterback who can’t pass. He might be able to win an occasional game by running himself or call good pre-snap audibles, but it is not a sustainable skill set (think Tim Tebow). If Bronco fans are satisfied with the 2019 draft because Dalton Risner is a starter as a rookie, it shows how badly we have been deprived of good drafting. It is not exceptional for second rounders to start. Risner is promising, but still only modestly performing above expectation.
    2018 was a great draft and 2019 looks promising. Drafts before those two have been bad. It's trending in the right direction though, not sure why you seem so down on it.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    I think the last couple years have been pretty darn good drafts. I think Fant will turn out to be a big time miss mach once he gets his NFL legs and we dont know about Lock . Risner is gonna be a beast and I think our wrs are gonna be good . If Lock ends up being a really Qb then we have a home run .

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X