X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    How many DL players are your going to dress on game day? There are 53 guys on the active roster yet only 46 can suit up. Something has to give.
    It’s ok to allow yourself to laugh at this debacle every now and then, it’s normal and it’s healthy.

Back to the subject, worse comes to worse, they just need to look at how the rest of the NFL does it.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Hahaha he loves aging QBs so much that one doesn’t have to play out his contract in Denver, yet is still being paid while the other was extended before tossing a single pass for Denver.

John sets them up for life!

As for draft picks, I can’t help but find it hilarious how DeMarcus Walker and Adam Gotsis
    (two average second round picks) keep getting benched for one another!

Under John’s watch, this organization really has become somewhat of a joke.
    How many DL players are your going to dress on game day? There are 53 guys on the active roster yet only 46 can suit up. Something has to give.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Hahaha he loves aging QBs so much that one doesn’t have to play out his contract in Denver, yet is still being paid while the other was extended before tossing a single pass for Denver.

As for draft picks, I can’t help but find it hilarious how DeMarcus Walker and Adam Gotsis

“John sets them up for life.”

Guess that means “they really are having the time of their lives.” lol

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Elway passed on Wilson, DAK, Allen, Watson, and Jax.... for Brock, Pax, Lock and washed up vets. This is why we suck.

Elway doesn’t get to mAke another QB choice, after extending Flacco and trading down for Fant/Lock.

We make him preside over this mess another season, in the name of continuity.
    Draft OL and DL and keep rebuilding.... let Lock sink or swim next season and if we stink again... Fire Elway and start from
    Scratch again.

Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-24-2019, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist
    It’s fine, That’s what this place is for and everyone has the right to their opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
    I would actually like to see a statue of JE out front of the stadium some day. Next to Pat's.
    I’d like to see one of PFM for the simple fact that five straight division titles is unheard of under two different coaching staffs.

What the hey let’s erect one of Gary Kubiak as well because he’s been involved in as many Super Bowl victories with the Denver Broncos as John Elway has.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Actually is there anyone else who has been a part of losing more Super Bowls or losing seasons than John Elway?

Your argument is mute and pointless because it more than applies to your oppositions Case here.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
    Elway has been involved with a dozen AFC championships and SB's in his career. Just because he's down after a couple of SB runs, really doesn't mean a thing. If the truth be known, I would think the rest of the AFC teams would give a "sigh of relief " if JE ever stepped down. Actually is there anyone else who has been a GM for the Broncos that have as many Championships and SBs without Elway being involved as a player. The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence.
    He’s had a good run but it’s time to live in the present into the future and not the past. He’s a problem now and has made some very serious bad moves.

Our franchise is a total freaking mess and it’s on him. Very head scratching coaching hires, horrible QB drafting, not making the Oline a priority, not signing extensions for the right players, extending the wrong players, hiring washed up vets, and on and on.

It doesn’t mean we don’t love what he’s done for us, nor does it mean he hasn’t made some good moves, but when it’s time for a change it’s time for a change and that time is NOW!!!!

He’s destroying our franchise. And it’s a horrible thing to watch.

Leave a comment:

• jflee66
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    How many more losing seasons must we endure before Elway’s fans to have that “Usual Suspects” moment when they realize too late that it was Elway all along who destroyed the franchise?

If the answer is anything more than zero, you are an Elway fan more than a Bronco fan.
    I would actually like to see a statue of JE out front of the stadium some day. Next to Pat's.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    How many more losing seasons must we endure before Elway’s fans to have that “Usual Suspects” moment when they realize too late that it was Elway all along who destroyed the franchise?

If the answer is anything more than zero, you are an Elway fan more than a Bronco fan.
    Haha. Elway = Keyser Soze. That’s a pretty hilarious analogy.

Leave a comment:

• jflee66
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Broncos Country, the place where time stopped after 2015.
    Where reality and parity set in.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    While many believe Ellis won’t dismiss Elway, I’m not sure about that now. If Lock plays and flashes potential as a long term quarterback, Elway likely stays. If the team finishes 3-16 or 4-12 and Lock either doesn’t play or looks completely lost, I think Elway is done.

Leave a comment:

• Orangecrush21
    replied
    The last two draft classes have been good and if Lock pans out they will be excellent.
    JE and the scouting department are head and shoulders above what they were two or three seasons ago and can keep improving

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jflee66
    replied
    Actually is there anyone else who has been a part of losing more Super Bowls or losing seasons than John Elway?

Your argument is mute and pointless because it more than applies to your oppositions Case here.
    Well actually has there really been another QB who had a chance to have as many SB loses and losing seasons for the Broncos? Fingering him alone for all the loses seems pointless to me. Getting to the SBs and losing isn't a loss to me. The excitement of playing in the big game is a win to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X