Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Broncos Country, the place where time stopped after 2015.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
    Elway has been involved with a dozen AFC championships and SB's in his career. Just because he's down after a couple of SB runs, really doesn't mean a thing. If the truth be known, I would think the rest of the AFC teams would give a "sigh of relief " if JE ever stepped down. Actually is there anyone else who has been a GM for the Broncos that have as many Championships and SBs without Elway being involved as a player. The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence.
    Actually is there anyone else who has been a part of losing more Super Bowls or losing seasons than John Elway?

Your argument is mute and pointless because it more than applies to your oppositions Case here.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    The whole “who do you replace Elway with” is the most ridiculous argument. The league is full of strong career personnel evaluators. Most GMs are not household names. The team would find the right fit. Even an average drafter would be a big improvement over Elway.
    I get it and I’m all for John’s dismissal, I’m just saying this could be what is stopping Ellis from doing the right thing.

Here’s some note able candidates right here, GMs, and FO officials that are more than capable and qualified of doing the job over Elway.

George Patton, Jamaal Stephenson, Champ Kelly, Adam Peters, Dave Ziegler, Brian Xanders, Rick Spielman, Kevin Colbert, howie roseman etc.

Leave a comment:

• jflee66
    replied
    The whole “who do you replace Elway with” is the most ridiculous argument. The league is full of strong career personnel evaluators. Most GMs are not household names. The team would find the right fit. Even an average drafter would be a big improvement over Elway.
    Elway has been involved with a dozen AFC championships and SB's in his career. Just because he's down after a couple of SB runs, really doesn't mean a thing. If the truth be known, I would think the rest of the AFC teams would give a "sigh of relief " if JE ever stepped down. Actually is there anyone else who has been a GM for the Broncos that have as many Championships and SBs without Elway being involved as a player. The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    If McDaniels [11-17 record] ran the Broncos into the ground, what exactly is this?

He failed to change his last name to Elway.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Elway passed on Wilson, DAK, Allen, Watson, and Jax.... for Brock, Pax, Lock and washed up vets. This is why we suck.

Elway doesn’t get to mAke another QB choice, after extending Flacco and trading down for Fant/Lock.

We make him preside over this mess another season, in the name of continuity.
    Draft OL and DL and keep rebuilding.... let Lock sink or swim next season and if we stink again... Fire Elway and start from
    Scratch again.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    You’re right as there are several talented people who could take the role. It is unlikely Ellis will make a move to take out Elway. He’s too consumed with the legal battles and I believe he fears fan backlash over firing Elway. Elway is a messianic figure to many, despite the fact that he’s played a key role in destroying the franchise. Elway’s mismanagement of the Broncos is obvious. As for winning Super Bowl L my analogy would be a contractor who remodeled your kitchen, walked out the front door and lit your house on fire with a torch.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    If McDaniels [11-17 record] ran the Broncos into the ground, what exactly is this?

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Elway was only able to trade Tim Tebow because he was replacing him with Peyton Manning.

Imagine if it was anybody else the public outcry would’ve been hysterical. Joe Ellis in a similar situation however who does he replace John Elway with?

Most sensible and sane fans can see that Elway should be dismissed but there are still more loyalist who don’t have a clue standing behind Elway.

Someone should make a thread “bump til John Elway is fired”...!

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    I have no attachment to Ellis. But he can’t be blamed for the current problems. His only fireable offense is NOT firing Elway.
    Elway was only able to trade Tim Tebow because he was replacing him with Peyton Manning.

Imagine if it was anybody else the public outcry would’ve been hysterical. Joe Ellis in a similar situation however who does he replace John Elway with?

Most sensible and sane fans can see that Elway should be dismissed but there are still more loyalist who don’t have a clue standing behind Elway.

Someone should make a thread “bump til John Elway is fired”...!

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Ellis needs to go right along with Elway. I'm picturing Steve Martin and John Candy carrying a big trunk out of the stadium lol.
    I have no attachment to Ellis. But he can’t be blamed for the current problems. His only fireable offense is NOT firing Elway.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Don’t buy Broncos merchandise.

But more importantly, Broncos Country needs to reassure Joe Ellis that we will support his move to fire Elway. Ellis needs to see public support to make that move.
    Ellis needs to go right along with Elway. I'm picturing Steve Martin and John Candy carrying a big trunk out of the stadium lol.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    There has to be a way to stop this insanity. I would say we need to stop going to the games and showing up for support until we see real action to replace this FO or we get an owner.
    This is the first time in years I haven’t gone out to watch the game with my friends. Watched a movie in the first half with our dogs on the sofa. We enjoyed the popcorn and the movie. I think I’ll do the same thing next week unless Lock starts.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    There has to be a way to stop this insanity. I would say we need to stop going to the games and showing up for support until we see real action to replace this FO or we get an owner.
    Don’t buy Broncos merchandise.

But more importantly, Broncos Country needs to reassure Joe Ellis that we will support his move to fire Elway. Ellis needs to see public support to make that move.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X